PCS Move - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > Military Goats

Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Fischer

PCS Move

I was wondering if someone could help me real quick concerning PCS move. This will be my first move. I will be going from Reserves to AR and moving from Indiana to CA. Im driving my POV loaded with my personal goods which is authorized in my orders but I am wanting to get my motorcycle out there with me as well. My career planner said that TMO will move it for me but I cant find a POC for them.

Any suggestions or know someone who I can talk to?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Tripp

2004 GTO Owner

Get a Uhaul truck big enough for the bike and a trailer for the goat. File for a DITY move. I did it from GA to KS and did it exactly how you are supossed to and didn't add weight like people told me to. especially with the bike in the truck you will have more than enough weight. It cost me like $1200 out of pocket and they paid me around $3500. Well worth it.
LS6 243s|Dual Springs|Titanium Retainers|Trunion Kit|VRX3 Cam|
FAST 36# Injectors|Melling HV Oil Pump|Kooks Coated LT|Borla XR-1|
SLP UDP|Norris Motorsport Catch Can|
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Fischer

Im driving my g6 out there and having the GTO shipped out there at a later date but just would like the bike out there.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
JPRCRPRv2

2004 GTO Owner

You need to talk to your loosing base TMO office. They can give you the info your looking for. A lot of how much weight what you can and can't ship depends on rank and weather or not you have dependents. The key is talking to the TMO office that way you get accurate info from the folks who approve those vouchers.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
GoArmyGTO

It's been my experience (2nd hand as I don't own a bike) that when they come to pack up the stuff in your quarters, you're supposed to just add the bike in with that. Talking to a few friends with bikes, there's no pre-emptive notification. The moving companies are supposed to come prepared for that. This is how most soldiers are able to get their bikes overseas as well as a car/truck, even though you're only alloted one vehicle shipped (Rank permitting of course).
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
armyracer
sixspeed sex scene

2006 GTO Owner

move it yourself.. i made bank doing my partial ditty move from jersey to Oklahoma. about 7500$ and only spent about 1700
Long tubes, catted mids, kooks muffler deletes, pedders track pack,drag bags, AEM cai, GMM Ripshifter Race, SLP skipshift, Kyne splitter,tinted tails, street slayer full face hybrid clutch, 228R Cam, ls7 lifters, comp hardened push rods, comp double roller billet timing chain, Fast 102, Fast billet fuel rails,slp underdrive pulley, Dashhawk, scss gauge pod, MADD KATS CUSTOM TUNE 30MPG HWY!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
bwiest
Bottom of the Gene Pool

2006 GTO Owner

When I did my move from MI to CA, I looked real close at the household goods and I saw that you can ship a motorcycle in your HHG as long as the fuel is removed. It saves the DITY portion and the hassle of you doing it as well.

Drawback is that you then expect the "movers" to handle your bike with enough care...
Old 01-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Maiden69
Militante

2004 GTO Owner

Go to your transportation office to set up your move. Doing it your self or having them do it you will get all the information you need from them. Your bike is moved as a household item, which will count towards your total lbs allowed. I had the Army move mine 3 times and never had an issue with them. Like he said above, all fuel needs to be removed.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
Dominick

2004 GTO Owner

loading up my uhal and leaving today what i did was rent a truck and trailer put all my stuff in the truck and put the Goat on the trailer the paperwork is easy and not to much of a pane in the ass. i looked into having them move the Goat for me but its only on there terms it feels like. so ill just keep it with me so i now where its been(peace of mind)...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
Dominick

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden69...View Post
Go to your transportation office to set up your move. Doing it your self or having them do it you will get all the information you need from them. Your bike is moved as a household item, which will count towards your total lbs allowed. I had the Army move mine 3 times and never had an issue with them. Like he said above, all fuel needs to be removed.

^ not just fuel, its all fluids...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
joshcarl
Training the Fleet

2005 GTO Owner

After more than enough moves (and helping others), I've decided that the Navy can pay someone to pack/move/unpack for me. I've done it twice now, and i'll never pack boxes again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: