Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Drivetrain

Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #361
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 GTO...View Post
I'll be calling Monday to order new rearend parts. I don't know why I don't like ordering parts over the internet. KC be ready my friend.

Thanks! I hope he was gentle with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsta...View Post
First time at the track with my CF DS I pulled a 1.36 60 foot. So far I like it. No vibrations that I've felt.

I know your secret now
2005 GTO 1.27 60ft 9.01 @ 149 mph
Follow us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gforc...4909065?ref=hl
gforce1320@gmail.com
www.Gforce1320.com 316-260-8433 or 8439
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #362
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Our billet flange has been a huge hit, how does everyone like the fit and install?

I'm thinking about anodizing them red or black.

Last edited by Gforce1320; 01-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #363
elephantrider
Banned

2004 GTO Owner

c'mon bonus time ! will be ordering a cf shaft for my 04 m6
as soon as the $$$ hits the bank.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #364
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider...View Post
c'mon bonus time ! will be ordering a cf shaft for my 04 m6
as soon as the $$$ hits the bank.

Excellent! I look forward to getting your call.
You will love the CF shaft
Old 01-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #365
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Jason07
I'm installing your carbon fiber driveshaft right now with you adapter plate. Ran into some confusion. You supply 7 bolts in total. 3 black bolts to bolt the adapter plate to the differential and 4 gold to bolt the adapter to the driveshaft. Then you supply 8 lock washers.

This is where I'm confused. The lock washers don't fit over the black bolts. Am I supposed to use them on the black bolts? If not, why were 8 lock washers supplied? Am I supposed to double them up on the gold bolts?

The instructions don't mention lock washers at all. But you guys are closed now so I figured I'd see if you guys were on the site tonight. If not, I'll call tomorrow. Thanks ahead of time.

MODS:
Power:JBA Shorties/Catted Mids, Corsa Sport Cat-Back, Svede Speed
Appearance:19" Gun Metal VMR V718's, Shift Light Activated, FX Projector Low Beam HID Retrofit, Racemesh Lower Grill, SAP Upper Grilles
Drivetrain: LS7 Clutch Kit, Billet Shifter, Lovells Diff Insert, Poly motor mounts, DIY trans mount, G-Force Porsche CV's
Suspension: Hotchkis Sways, Koni Struts/Shocks, Lovells Sport Low Front/HD Rear Springs, G-Force toe rods, Every Lovell's Poly bushing.

FUTURE MODS:
Tune
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #366
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason07...View Post
I'm installing your carbon fiber driveshaft right now with you adapter plate. Ran into some confusion. You supply 7 bolts in total. 3 black bolts to bolt the adapter plate to the differential and 4 gold to bolt the adapter to the driveshaft. Then you supply 8 lock washers.

This is where I'm confused. The lock washers don't fit over the black bolts. Am I supposed to use them on the black bolts? If not, why were 8 lock washers supplied? Am I supposed to double them up on the gold bolts?

The instructions don't mention lock washers at all. But you guys are closed now so I figured I'd see if you guys were on the site tonight. If not, I'll call tomorrow. Thanks ahead of time.

Sorry about the confusion, our shipping guy must have included 4 extra washers. You only need 4 lock washers to be put on with the 4, 7/16 bolts. The three socket cap screws do not need lock washers.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #367
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

No worries. I'm not in a huge rush to get this in.

But thanks for the call and for replying to this so quickly. I'll be sure to post up in here once I get it all back together.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #368
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
No worries. I'm not in a huge rush to get this in.

But thanks for the call and for replying to this so quickly. I'll be sure to post up in here once I get it all back together.

No problem, and I'd love to hear about your install with some pics
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #369
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Well, I'm pretty happy with your CF driveshaft. I was worried about vibrations and turn out it's smoother the the factory driveshaft. I've tested it up to 110mph and it's completely smooth. It feels more connected when you shift and get on it. Probably cause you don't have the extra play cause by the carrier bearing on the stock shaft and it can't flex at the center either. Also it got rid of my clunk and made shifts smoother. Some things I wasn't expecting though were the jingling noise it makes sometimes. I'm assuming that the U-joints. Also, it seems to transmit more gear noise from the trans/diff an low speed, low RPM (less than 1.5k) driving.

Only issues I had installing it was I wasn't able to get any socket on the 4 bolts that connect the driveshaft to the billet adapter. Just wasn't enough room. So I had to use an open end side of a wrench and couldn't follow the torque specs. I also have no clearance issues. It's close in some areas but I have all poly bushings in the rear as well as poly engine/trans mounts so it isn't going to be able to move around much.

I tried to attach pictures of my install but the server to upload pictures to this site says it's down. I'll try again later.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #370
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Still can't upload directly to the forum so I added them to my Imgur account. Either way, here they are.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #371
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Very nice shaft you have there sir!

Thanks for posting up the great photo's and feedback, we really appreciate it.

You might pay attention to that jingle noise you hear, you might have a loose dust cover on the diff or something. The shaft shouldnt make any noise like that.

Thanks
Chris
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #372
TheElementalCashew
Entry-level Boss

2006 GTO Owner

Purty! I can't wait to drive mine!
BC Coilovers, Pedders sway bars, Fast Ratio Steering Rack, Pedders and Kollar bushings.
Jamesbiz, Maverickman, Bohnman, various Monaro pieces.
Old numbers: 367rwhp/358tq

2014 Silverado 1LT Z71, Black

Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #373
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce1320...View Post
Very nice shaft you have there sir!

Thanks for posting up the great photo's and feedback, we really appreciate it.

You might pay attention to that jingle noise you hear, you might have a loose dust cover on the diff or something. The shaft shouldnt make any noise like that.

Thanks
Chris

Dust cover on the diff? I didn't know there was one. Can you tell me where it is? I'm going to get under there again tomorrow to check for any loose bolts and I'll look for this now. The jingling noise almost sounds like a loose bolt rattling around. It's a higher pitched metal on metal noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElementalCashew...View Post
Purty! I can't wait to drive mine!

You'll love it. I just can't believe I was worried about it adding vibrations to my car and it actually did the opposite and removed some!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #374
sTroked_Goat

I thought the flange was more of a triangle rather then a circle?
421ci stroker, AFR 230v2 heads, Kooks coated stepped headers, Corsa catback, 243/247 custom cam and tuning from PatrickG. 544rwhp/522rwtq. BC's, Lovell's bushings, VMR V701's. DSS anti wheel-hop axles and stubs, Gforce CF DS, battery relocate, aeroflow black PS res.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #375
Stevo
Master of Destruction

2006 GTO Owner

I like my carbon fiber drive shaft. I have a long video from under my car but you can't see much of the drive-shaft.

WWW.MONSTERCLUTCHES.COM
521RWHP and 507Ft/Lbs
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #376
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Dust cover on the diff? I didn't know there was one. Can you tell me where it is? I'm going to get under there again tomorrow to check for any loose bolts and I'll look for this now. The jingling noise almost sounds like a loose bolt rattling around. It's a higher pitched metal on metal noise.

You'll love it. I just can't believe I was worried about it adding vibrations to my car and it actually did the opposite and removed some!

There is a dust cover just behind the OEM pinion flange. It might be loose.
Could be a loose bolt somewhere like you said too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTroked_Goat...View Post
I thought the flange was more of a triangle rather then a circle?

We changed to a full circle to make them stronger, we also changed to larger 7/16-20 grade 8 bolts in the round adapter. The standard is 3/8-16 but we bumped it up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo...View Post
I like my carbon fiber drive shaft. I have a long video from under my car but you can't see much of the drive-shaft.

Excellent Stevo! Good to see you on here.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #377
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Well I just got under it and I looked at the pinion flange and found that dust cover. Tight as ever with no movement. Same with every bolt and I check most of my rear suspension/half shaft bolts while I was under there also just to play it safe. The only thing I noticed that could cause some noise is the slip yoke. I can push up on the drive shaft part of the slip yoke and it clunks around inside the trans. So it's not completely tight in there. Not a whole lot of play but there is enough to make me wonder. Any ideas?

The drive shaft side of the slip yoke sticks out of the trans about an inch, but I don't know if that's normal or not.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #378
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Well I just got under it and I looked at the pinion flange and found that dust cover. Tight as ever with no movement. Same with every bolt and I check most of my rear suspension/half shaft bolts while I was under there also just to play it safe. The only thing I noticed that could cause some noise is the slip yoke. I can push up on the drive shaft part of the slip yoke and it clunks around inside the trans. So it's not completely tight in there. Not a whole lot of play but there is enough to make me wonder. Any ideas?

The drive shaft side of the slip yoke sticks out of the trans about an inch, but I don't know if that's normal or not.

An inch sticking out is about right. Hard to say what it is
Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #379
05raptorle

2004 GTO Owner

I plan to order a carbon fiber shaft when I recieve my refund or before the sale ends. Having trouble decideing if I should get the billet yoke or the adapter. Which one would everyone reccommend?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #380
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05raptorle...View Post
I plan to order a carbon fiber shaft when I recieve my refund or before the sale ends. Having trouble decideing if I should get the billet yoke or the adapter. Which one would everyone reccommend?

The billet adapter is by far the easiest to install and it's really strong. We use big 7/16-20 to attached it to the driveshaft.
The billet adapter option is cheaper as well, not as much machine work to make the adapter vs the billet yoke.

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #381
Shawshank
Cyclone Gray Moneypit

2005 GTO Owner

Re: Gforce Carbon Fiber driveshaft review thread

I'd love to have one of these someday. If the stocker goes out, an aluminum one may be in order! Gforce makes some awesome components, and I'd love to run their products someday

Sent from my Inspire 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #382
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawShank...View Post
I'd love to have one of these someday. If the stocker goes out, an aluminum one may be in order! Gforce makes some awesome components, and I'd love to run their products someday

Sent from my Inspire 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Thank you for the compliments.
The 3.5" aluminum shaft is a great performing shaft as well.

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #383
batboy
cave dweller

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05raptorle...View Post
Having trouble decideing if I should get the billet yoke or the adapter. Which one would everyone reccommend?

I have the billet aluminum yoke and must say it's probably the best, strongest, and lightest option. The adapter is obviously much easier to install though. Pros and cons to each I guess.

TR-230/236 cam/TEA ported Trick Flow 215 heads/4" CAI/100mm MAF/ported FAST 90/Kooks/Magnaflow
Performabuilt trans/3200 stall/Truetrac/Gforce1320 half shafts, stubs, CF driveshaft/SSR wheels/SNL tune
Old 02-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #384
DaGreightOne
Last NIB APS TT in the World

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
The billet adapter is by far the easiest to install and it's really strong. We use big 7/16-20 to attached it to the driveshaft.
The billet adapter option is cheaper as well, not as much machine work to make the adapter vs the billet yoke.

Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris,

Which one is safer for high speed stuff like the Texas mile?(adapter or yoke) I will be looking to make a few passes this year. And also, I need something that will still allow me to make long trips. It's about 5 hours to my hometown in LA and I go there about three times a year in the car so hopefully none of the upgrades would take away from my drivability.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #385
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreightOne...View Post
Hey Chris,

Which one is safer for high speed stuff like the Texas mile?(adapter or yoke) I will be looking to make a few passes this year. And also, I need something that will still allow me to make long trips. It's about 5 hours to my hometown in LA and I go there about three times a year in the car so hopefully none of the upgrades would take away from my drivability.

Either one would work fine for that. They really are both great pieces, some just insist on a billet pinion yoke so we make both.

THanks
Chris
Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #386
johnwins
SSgt @ USAF Hunger Games2K14

2006 GTO Owner

First drive with the Carbon drive shaft, billet yoke, new rear, Gforce stubs, and Gforce anti wheel hop axles was nice and smooth. Stayed out of boost and went around 110 for about 10 minutes, smooth as silk

Intake/Exhaust/Boltons/Maggie/Monster/MGW-P/Gforce-Everything/HPTuners
Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #387
TheBOM

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
The CF shaft is about 15 lbs compared to about 23 lbs for stock.

Quote:
Stock shaft weight is 17 lbs, carbon fiber shaft weight is 14 for the TH400 shaft, the M6/T-56 will be a bit lighter, around 13 lbs.

I'm confused Chris can you explain something for me.

OK, assuming that the carbon fiber shaft for the T-56 is 13lbs, is that with the billet yoke or the adaptor?

Also, is there a weight difference between the 04 and 05/06 stock driveshafts? Is that why I'm reading the two different 17lbs and 23lbs figures?

Basically I'm wondering how much weight I will save by going from a stock 06 T-56 driveshaft to the Carbon Fiber one with the billet yoke.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #388
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

I can't say exact figures, but I think my stock shaft was probably more near 23 lbs. The adapter doesn't weight much at all. I'd say with all 7 bolts in it maybe a pound. The CF feels way lighter.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #389
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBOM...View Post
I'm confused Chris can you explain something for me.

OK, assuming that the carbon fiber shaft for the T-56 is 13lbs, is that with the billet yoke or the adaptor?

Also, is there a weight difference between the 04 and 05/06 stock driveshafts? Is that why I'm reading the two different 17lbs and 23lbs figures?

Basically I'm wondering how much weight I will save by going from a stock 06 T-56 driveshaft to the Carbon Fiber one with the billet yoke.

I don't believe there is much of a deference in weight between the 04 and 05-06 shafts. If I remember right the stock shafts are around 23 lbs, not sure where I got the 17lbs from. In all you will be saving around 8-9 lbs by going with the CF shaft. The adapter and billet yoke both weigh right at 1 lb.

Thanks
Chris
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #390
Gforce1320
Supporting Vendor

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwins...View Post
First drive with the Carbon drive shaft, billet yoke, new rear, Gforce stubs, and Gforce anti wheel hop axles was nice and smooth. Stayed out of boost and went around 110 for about 10 minutes, smooth as silk

Excellent! Just how it should be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: