west coast speed problems - Page 2 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > For Sale > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
Tripp

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmn715...View Post
RGuy and Trip we should all order a DuSpeed at one time and save a dick ton on shipping...just a thought.

'Moe

I'm down. I'm cheap when it comes to dick....I mean shipping.
LS6 243s|Dual Springs|Titanium Retainers|Trunion Kit|VRX3 Cam|
FAST 36# Injectors|Melling HV Oil Pump|Kooks Coated LT|Borla XR-1|
SLP UDP|Norris Motorsport Catch Can|
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #32
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTO.info...View Post
DuSpeed..

Attachment 159248

Beautiful Donny...

Quote:
RGuy and Trip we should all order a DuSpeed at one time and save a dick ton on shipping...just a thought.

'Moe

Well 3 would not help for the packaging they have only holds 2...FInd someone else to purchase one and they will save you $100.

2004 GTO M6 | 1 of 889
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #33
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Close but no cigar...oh well. I may just fab my own. I am going to do the layout with carboard and see how much SS sheet I would need and then go from there. I figure the first time around will take me 20+ hours to fit and fab everything.

'Moe
Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #34
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Close but no cigar...oh well. I may just fab my own. I am going to do the layout with carboard and see how much SS sheet I would need and then go from there. I figure the first time around will take me 20+ hours to fit and fab everything.

'Moe

LOL...I expected something else with your link...I am sure someone on here would go in with you. Start a new thread titled DuSpeed and there has to be someone on here that will do this.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #35
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Sorry to take over the thread and get off topic....
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #36
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

im thinking ramjet...

STOLEN
2004 PBM LS1 M6
Kooks Headers & Street Screamers - Monster stage 1 with tick performance master
Hinson engine mounts - speed bleeder - ASP UD pulley - 3.91 w/eaton tru trac and Harrop cover - BP shifter
RAMJET otrcai - LSXr/102 Big Mouth - Billet Rails - custom coolant crossover
BC coilovers, 19" TSW Cadwells 45mm on f-245/35 r-285/35 - James Biz catch can
JB blacked out arrows and side badges - Mav man spolier and diffuser - Custom suede interior and trim
Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #37
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYGOAT...View Post
im thinking ramjet...

Where do you purchase that?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #38
TR GTO
METAL!!!

2004 GTO Owner

I didn't have any problem getting my SAP grilles and communication was good, but that was a couple of years ago now. I wouldn't order anything else now seeing this thread.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #39
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR GTO...View Post
I didn't have any problem getting my SAP grilles and communication was good, but that was a couple of years ago now. I wouldn't order anything else now seeing this thread.

Yeah I was a few clicks away from purchasing an OTRCAI and looked to see if they were worth it. now to see at least 2-3 threads on complaints. I still believe that the products are decent and that he will come through, but it is just typical for the wait times and lack of communication
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #40
erock
other kids were doing it.....

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I have always had awesome luck with Spencer. His parts are more than acceptable, and my painter says his are the best repro's he's ever seen. I won't get too deep, but my guy has built more cars on accident than most will on purpose. Any problems I have ever had were met with quick response and most likely a personal call, ending with my installation being the issue. WCS makes reproduction parts. These are not OEM parts and anyone that has ever added third party or repro parts knows (or should know) there is prefitment work on all of it. Hell, a factory five car needs about 80 hours of bodywork before paint, so it amazes me how surprised people are if they have to sand off some mold edges for spoilers and sideskirts. Basic rule I follow with aftermarket body parts is 2-3 times price of the part to actually install it properly. If you try to cheap out, it will show. So if you buy an SAP extension for 500 ish, figure 1500 to have it prepped , painted, and installed within OEM quality. I think the brazen orange paint was $250 or more for a pint on mine. I bought the best shit I could get my hands on.

Billet Pro Shifter, SCSS Pod w/oil/volt, Kooks 1 7/8 LT, catted mids, SS 3" catback, SCSS mounts, Harrop rear cover, Hotchkiss Sways, BC Racing ER, with 9k,10k springs, poly bushings, BMR skid plate, SFC, and STB, JHP lip v2, SLP Predator, Pedders Fast Rack. Installing: SNL Blower cam, Harrop HTV2300, Willwood 14" BBK
Old 01-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #41
1QWIK7

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to 1QWIK7
Lol so that's 2-3 people with good feedback vs like 100 people with bad feedback lol.

There should be ZERO excuse for the bad communication and poor quality for the money they're charging..

My sap grills came crappy too. Not the outside but the inside of the grills looked like my 10 year old nephew put it together at his arts and crafts class.

But since I waited 3 months, yes 3 months, i didn't want to complain, I just wanted to install them.

I wanna get a svede to replace my vararam but I'll wait for a used one.

I'm in sales too and there is NO excuse..not even a death in the family, being sick, phone lost, dog died, car stolen or any of that BS. You GET back to your clients.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #42
greenmtn
Premium Member

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

You GET back to your clients.[/QUOTE]

^^my thoughts exactly^^ after staring at the purchase button and not wanting to wait to get my intake for months and months I got lucky and found a used one.

Life can be frustrating enough, why bring it on yourself.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #43
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rguy200073...View Post
Where do you purchase that?

i haven't yet... a little nervous about dropping that kinda money on a part that is not advertised for GTOs. Even though there are tones of pics on the internet with them outfitting monaros of the exact same years... google "ramjet otr" they also sell them on JHP but it's under G8.

been reading a lot of aus boards and the consensus seems to be that this otrcai will fit about the same as a svede. some cars it slips right in... some will need to adjust, and the quality is defiantly there.

only difference here is that this one will ship in under a week lol, that's why it has my attention.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #44
n0b0dy1987

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
im thinking ramjet...

This doesnt seem like the filter has enough surface area on it to work for bigger than stock cubes. I could be wrong though. Just looks pretty small to me.
They who shall not be named LTs
Vararam CAI insulated w/ relocated IAT sensor
TruTrac Installed by Gforce1320
DSS 1pc D/S
Gforce1320 Rear CoilOver setup
12.6 @ 108.3 with a 1.93 60ft and a DA of 3500ft.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #45
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

this dudes rockin it on what im about to.

but your concern is also mine... hence why i have not pulled the trigger. anyways i have other pieces to get before im ready to plop this thing on.
it has already taken a while to find information through threads about real time results on this thing. now to find more about it's efficiency vs. other brands....
Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #46
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Where did you locate this thing?

'Moe
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #47
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
... google "ramjet otr" they also sell them on JHP but it's under G8.

Quote:
Where did you locate this thing?

'Moe

also all the info i find is for commodores and g8's so another speed bump. i dont want to be the test dummy lol
Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #48
SpencerW
Supporting Vendor

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGTO...View Post
Hey guys, I have been using this forum for a while, but this is my first post. I wanted to let you know about my experience with West Coast Speed.
I ordered reproduction SAP grills for my 06. I placed my order on December 12 and was given a delivery date of December 26th. I did not receive the grills. I made several calls and sent numerous emails requesting a delivery status and was told that they would ship out the next day. I still did not receive the grills. I only received the grills after i requested a refund thru Pay Pal.
I am also disappointed with the quality of the grills. I really hope that no body else has had these kind of problems with West Coast Speed. I personally will not deal with this company again.

Sorry that you're disappointed with your grilles, you could have called me for a refund if you wanted one.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #49
SpencerW
Supporting Vendor

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket...View Post
Typical of WCS OP. Spencer is a hard man to track down at times. And although the ethics of how he runs his business are questionable, many people still use him, myself included. It just takes A LOT of patience.

Thanks for your patience. While my communication has become less reliable in the recent past, it's the best I can do right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy555...View Post
Ordered grilles from him a while back. Took a while as the first paint job on them was poor so he had them repainted. Paint to this day seems to chip easily. Ordered the goldilocks from him too and it came with scratches on it. I emailed him about it but never got anything back. I really dont see him post too much on here anymore.

I'm concerned that you're saying your grilles are chipping easily, that shouldn't be a problem with grilles, as they're high up on the bumper and are relatively easy to paint. Has it been this way since the beginning? Sorry about the scratches on your Goldilocks, they should be able to be buffed out with a light rubbing compound. The black gel coat is pretty thick and should be pretty workable.

Quote:
See this makes me feel like I need to get a refund for my OTRCAI. $500 is no small amount and should certainly get you a bit more customer service than you would get at the local Burger king.

'Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho1000r...View Post
Ive orders too many things to remember off spencer (WCS). hell, my car is in his sig lol. always takes a while to recieve stuff, and he is a tough guy to track down, but in the end, hes pretty much the only guy producing much wanted items, at a fraction of the cost of OEM replacements, so its the price you gotta pay. most people know there is a long wait time, so know one should be suprised. he could work on his communication skills though. Id hate to see him follow in jamesbizs' foot steps.

i agree with the paint issues randy started above. my SAP front extension looked like it got sandblasted after a few thousand miles. i think he needs to find a new paint vendor, the one he has now sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiPopeye36...View Post
Let me guess: The black area looks like shit and shows the base color thru it? I was SHOCKED to find out they spray the whole extension body color, then mask off and paint the lower lip black. Horrible execution.

I'm definitely going to be getting the fascias done differently from here on out. I've had two different shops paint the fascias that way, both of them assuring me that it was the best way to get an even surface texture and appropriately durable finish. It sounds like it's just not working out there in the real world, so we'll have to change. Based on yours and psycho1000r's experiences, we've got to change it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGTO...View Post
I understand that he has good prices and the parts that people desire and thats why I ordered from him. I mean its okay if parts are on back order and they wont be shipped as soon as expected but, he should just send out an email or phone call so the customers aren't worried about the money they just spent on their new parts.

I appreciate the feedback about a way to improve communication. I'll work on letting people know what sort of a wait they should expect, both before (in the description on the website) and after the order is placed.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #50
SkiPopeye36
Super Moderator

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerW...View Post
I'm definitely going to be getting the fascias done differently from here on out. I've had two different shops paint the fascias that way, both of them assuring me that it was the best way to get an even surface texture and appropriately durable finish. It sounds like it's just not working out there in the real world, so we'll have to change. Based on yours and psycho1000r's experiences, we've got to change it up.

I'm sorry, and this is directed solely at the shops you are using, but that's a sign of pure laziness. Any chip in the black immediately shows the base color under it. It would be MUCH better to have the paint chip and show the raw black urethane which won't stand out at all.

Anyone who says they can't get a durable finish by correctly masking off the grill and lower lip area, prepping and painting that area, then masking and painting the rest of the extension body color is flat out lazy and cutting corners. Any good quality body shop would do just that.

Hell, I had to re-mask my extension and hit the entire lower grill area with more SEM trim paint just to completely cover-up red spots that were showing thru upon receipt of my extension.

That said, I didn't complain as the fit and Torrid Red color match was perfect and I never take this car out on highways where chipping would ever occur. For those daily driving their car, you MUST change this process.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #51
old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerW...View Post
Sorry that you're disappointed with your grilles, you could have called me for a refund if you wanted one.

I am the guy that paid for these and yes if you would have answered your phone thatís exactly what I would have done. You also had the option of refunding my money once I opened the case against you with pay pal. Twice I was told " they will ship tomorrow" and twice they did not. It was only after opening a case with pay pal that they shipped. Just plain and simple it was a sour deal for me and it is apparent from all of the posts on this thread I am not alone.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #52
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Posting the good with the bad...Spencer called me this afternoon(morning his time) to talk about my order and its possible ship time. I am hoping he can come through and get me this by the 30th so I can have time to install it before my tune.

I will keep you posted.

'Moe

EDIT
Just wanted to add that Spencer took almost 15 minutes to chat with me and explain the situation on his end and to listen to the situation on my end. I offered him some advice on how to deal with long or unknown lead times ect...and he seemed responsive. He said that he would try to get me the intake before my tuning appointment but could make no garuntees...We will see how this plays out.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #53
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

damn spencer you should be a politician lol...
Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #54
erock
other kids were doing it.....

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
damn spencer you should be a politician lol...

Yeah! Spencer wants to listen to people complain full-time.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #55
TheRocket
I Wanna Go Fast

2005 GTO Owner

I also want to add some of my other thoughts. It's no doubt that Spencer is still making decent, quality products for our cars that otherwise wouldn't be available. He is also a production/distribution center for other people's ideas who maybe other wise wouldn't have the capital, resources, outlets, time to produce items like the Godilocks Splitter and Svede intake in large quantities with a low enough 'cost per unit' to make the return on investment worthwhile. This is just the rough, brief reality of simple business principles.

Given our niche market, our catchment size is very very limited. That being said, I'd be hard pressed for Spencer or anyone here on this forum or the likes with a GTO to make a substantial profit with the products available at WCS to provide a paycheck large enough to support the cost of living in California by running WCS as a sole source of income.

So I assume that Spencer does this WCS gig on the side and has a 'real' job to get him by with what ever he may need in life. I think that although his business etiquette is questionable, as stated in my first post, I think he does do the best he can given his situation, whatever that may be.

I believe as a soceity we sometimes lose track of the other person, the 'you', the 'we' in relationships and focus solely on the 'I' and 'me'. My example of this is -- if you have a first date with a beautiful girl at 1:00pm at a local coffee shop and she never shows, most of us will probably think that she 'stood us up', 'bailed', 'didn't respect and care enough to be polite (or ethical on business terms) with a heads up/status update'. Although this may be a single reason to explain the no call, no show, there could be others as well. Car issues/concerns, family/friend emergency, or even damaged/lost phone. Life happens, and sometimes we forget about that.

For me, its the 90/10 rule. 90% of life is how you react to the 10% that is not in your control. YOU choose and decide how you want to react to that 10%.

I digress. But I hope my thoughts may help others consider what lies behind the business structure at WCS and our lovely first world problems.

2005 Pearl Orange Metallic
PB:12.98@107.1mph
LS3 Intake/Heads - Comp Custom Grind Cam 224/230 .609/.609 113+2 - FTI 3200 Triple Disc - Svede - Lunati - Katech - Cometic - GMPP - SLP - Kooks - MagnaFlow - BC 8/10k Coilovers - Pedders - Whiteline - DBA - Hawk - TSW Cadwells - Goldilocks Splitter - Maverick Man Carbon Spoiler - Morimoto - 06 Tails - Elemental Designs Nine.1 Amp - Phoenix Gold - Hybrid Audio - TC Sounds - Kenwood

Last edited by TheRocket; 01-17-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #56
Tripp

2004 GTO Owner

Spencer since you have chimed in on this post. I would like a refund on my order. I'm tired of waiting for my SVEDE and would like to go another route. Unfortunatly I cannot call you but please message me on here so I can get my refund and take my buisness elsewhere.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #57
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I feel like as a business owner I can relate to what he is going through. With that said even if this is just a side gig I think you can easily invest 30-45 minutes a day to respond to emails and phone calls as needed. For me its not so much the wait or even the fact that I may not have the stuff in time for my tuning appointment, which is my fault for scheduling a tuning appointment BEFORE I had the parts in hand, it was the lack of ANY communication. As I said Spencer called me today and took 15-20 minutes to chat with me about welding, my project and to hip me to the situation on his end and to understand the situation on my end. I respect that. Whats more is I respect him for CALLING and offering an appology. Shows some measure of character. Wether or not I will have this by the 30th of this month is another story.

'Moe
Old 01-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #58
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

it think the real reason everyone is heated... including myself, is that he has such great product that takes way to much frustration to get, just like james biz. everyone was jumping over each other at even a chance at dat billet lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #59
TheRocket
I Wanna Go Fast

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
it think the real reason everyone is heated... including myself, is that he has such great product that takes way to much frustration to get, just like james biz. everyone was jumping over each other at even a chance at dat billet lol.

Word on the Billet haha
Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #60
hotrodlinc
Goin' down.... under!

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to hotrodlinc
Well for my .02, I purchased SAP replica grilles and they did take longer than expected but Spencer did reply to my emails in an acceptable amount of time. Have had them on for a couple years now, regular day to day driving and no chips. Paint looks to be top notch, now that may be from an old painter or a new one IDK. He did make up for the time it took, I ordered the grilles w/out the mesh and the ones I received had the mesh with the GTO logo so either it was an "I'm sorry" gesture or an "oops" either way it made up for it. Only suggestion would be COMMUNICATION!!! Either hire a receptionist or get your girlfriend/wife to tackle the job. Biggest thing to making it in business is communication. If the customer knows that you are aware and is acknowledged then it can buy you extra time for the orders and repeat business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: