Bride seats - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors


Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Nopps
Registered User
 
Nopps's Avatar
 
HSV Coupe'

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 203


Offline
Bride seats

I've always wanted to do fixed back buckets in my GTO...Well, I finally got them (still in route). I went with Bride Zieg III's. Also have a set of sliders and side mounts coming. Only thing I have left to get is a set of base mount brackets so I can install everything. Well, a company called wedge engineering seems to be the go to from what I read, but they are 7 weeks out as of yesterday, so I am trying to find other options. Anyone have any experience with this type of install? What brackets did you use? Anyone mod the OEM base brackets to work, like I keep reading about in other forums? Thoughts?
__________________
GrigioMedio,KWv3,coilovers,ALL poly bushings/mounts, Whiteline swaybars/tower brace,solid endlinks,Pedders HDtierods/HDballjoints,Brembo 6pot4pot,HP+,BBS CH19x10+20, Hurst shifter,Spec 11ib flywheel/LS7 clutch,DSS 1200hp dshaft,Gforce Axles, Vararam,Ported Fast 102,HS shaft/roller rockers,SLP UDP,237/242 605/610 112 LSA+1,Manley pushrods,SLP oilpump,JP doubleroller,Lunati duals,Kooks 1.75 longtubes,highflow cats,SW 3" Xpipe,3" exhaust by MBS,160tstat,difflow diffuser,475rwhp/432rwtq RPM tuned
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
miker
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
 
miker's Avatar
 
Monaro CV8

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,409


Offline
Send a message via AIM to miker Send a message via MSN to miker Send a message via Yahoo to miker
Custom sidemounts here. All direct bolt on setups sit to high and would never pass FIA tech.
__________________
2006 Monaro 18/A4
386HP/376TQ Heintz Racing Tune - 1/4th 12.4@113
- .218/.222 .601 Cam, Lunati HighRPM Lifters, Ported/Milled 243s, UDP, Oil Baffle, Comp Trunnions, K&N CAI, ARP Bolts, Catless JBA Shorties
- RE-11s, V2 Brembos, Coilovers, Bushings, Fastrack, Swaybars, ARP Studs, 15lbs Braille
- Manual 4l65e, Anti-Hop Axles, 3.5" Alum DS, TrueTrac, 3.73s, Harrop Cover, Sparco Evo2s
- Ron Davis Radiator, Derale PS/Trans Coolers, JBiz CatchCan, Russell Lines, AeroForce, Bel RX65
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Nopps
Registered User
 
Nopps's Avatar
 
HSV Coupe'

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 203


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker...View Post
Custom sidemounts here. All direct bolt on setups sit to high and would never pass FIA tech.

Damn...I ordered Bride side mounts and sliders. The side mounts have 3 level positions I believe. They won't pass? I don't track the car yet but I've always wanted to. I keep saying next season and it never happens. A few close friends of mine are into it and we've talked about getting me on the track over and over. I think one runs with scca. Anyway, who made your mounts? Any pics? Do you have a link that works for FIA regs? I found one but it won't come up for me.

Last edited by Nopps; 01-25-2013 at 06:18 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
miker
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
 
miker's Avatar
 
Monaro CV8

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,409


Offline
Send a message via AIM to miker Send a message via MSN to miker Send a message via Yahoo to miker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopps...View Post
Damn...I ordered Bride side mounts and sliders. The side mounts have 3 level positions I believe. They won't pass? I don't track the car yet but I've always wanted to. I keep saying next season and it never happends. A few close friends of mine are into it and we've talked about getting me on the track over and over. I think one runs with scca. Anyway, who made your mounts? Any pics? Do you have a link that works for FIA regs? I found one but it won't come up for me.

SCCA uses FIA rules for seats and harnesses. You have to be very careful with seat and harness mounting. Even if you are just running Novice PDX or something I would still follow FIA rules.

My car is currently in the shop but I am going to use Sparco Evo2s, Sparco steel sidemounts and weld up a custom base.

I'm not a fan of sliders, even double locking; you are just asking for failure a place that would keep you from keeping control of the car.

I'm totally failing at finding the rules on google.

At least 4 mounting points per seat using 8mm+ bolts.
40 cm2 of contact for each mounting point.

If sliders are used you need FIA spec sliders. In some cases you will need a seat back brace.

3 mm for steel or 5 mm aluminum for the mounts with a minimum width of 6 cm.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Nopps
Registered User
 
Nopps's Avatar
 
HSV Coupe'

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 203


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker...View Post
SCCA uses FIA rules for seats and harnesses. You have to be very careful with seat and harness mounting. Even if you are just running Novice PDX or something I would still follow FIA rules.

My car is currently in the shop but I am going to use Sparco Evo2s, Sparco steel sidemounts and weld up a custom base.

I'm not a fan of sliders, even double locking; you are just asking for failure a place that would keep you from keeping control of the car.

I'm totally failing at finding the rules on google.

At least 4 mounting points per seat using 8mm+ bolts.
40 cm2 of contact for each mounting point.

If sliders are used you need FIA spec sliders. In some cases you will need a seat back brace.

3 mm for steel or 5 mm aluminum for the mounts with a minimum width of 6 cm.

Thanks for all the help dude...I guess I'll have to wait and see what I'm working with when everything comes in the mail next week, as everything has shipped already. Until then I guess I'll keep searching for the rule book. And I initially went with sliders because I still drive it on the street. The idea of not being able to recline was pretty hard to endure as it is. Wasn't sure if I was ready to give up on seat movement completely. The weight savings is what ultimately got me to buy the seats though. Maybe I'll go that route eventually, as its racing seat after all. You make a good point.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Maverick Man
innovation NOT duplication
 
Maverick Man's Avatar
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Far West Coast ;)
Posts: 2,414


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopps...View Post
I've always wanted to do fixed back buckets in my GTO...Well, I finally got them (still in route). I went with Bride Zieg III's. Also have a set of sliders and side mounts coming. Only thing I have left to get is a set of base mount brackets so I can install everything. Well, a company called wedge engineering seems to be the go to from what I read, but they are 7 weeks out as of yesterday, so I am trying to find other options. Anyone have any experience with this type of install? What brackets did you use? Anyone mod the OEM base brackets to work, like I keep reading about in other forums? Thoughts?

i have a set of wedge brackets which are new, well sort of new. i installed them but ended up not using them because they mounted the seat belt brackets on the wrong side. but if you are using harnesses it doesn't matter. if you are interested in buying these let me know.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Nopps
Registered User
 
Nopps's Avatar
 
HSV Coupe'

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 203


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Man...View Post
i have a set of wedge brackets which are new, well sort of new. i installed them but ended up not using them because they mounted the seat belt brackets on the wrong side. but if you are using harnesses it doesn't matter. if you are interested in buying these let me know.

PM'ed
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
Oh4GTO
dum dum dum dum dudum
 
Oh4GTO's Avatar
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 6,227


Offline
Send a message via AIM to Oh4GTO
So there are no direct bolt on options when going with the side mount?
__________________

LS3 longblock, LS9 cam, LS9 headgaskets, NW 90mm, APS 5psi = 610 RWHP / 578 RWTQ
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Babylegg03si
Registered User
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 128


Offline
Great seats. I've always wanted the Cuga seats. What color did you go with?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
Nopps
Registered User
 
Nopps's Avatar
 
HSV Coupe'

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 203


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylegg03si...View Post
Great seats. I've always wanted the Cuga seats. What color did you go with?

Yeah agreed...Cuga's are hot. Nice and wide too. Never sat in one but they gotta be comfy. Hard to beat the stock seats in the comfort department though. As for the ones I ordered... I went with red.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
Curious George
Registered User
 
Vauxhall CV8/VXR

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,433


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker...View Post
SCCA uses FIA rules for seats and harnesses. You have to be very careful with seat and harness mounting. Even if you are just running Novice PDX or something I would still follow FIA rules.

My car is currently in the shop but I am going to use Sparco Evo2s, Sparco steel sidemounts and weld up a custom base.

I'm not a fan of sliders, even double locking; you are just asking for failure a place that would keep you from keeping control of the car.

I'm totally failing at finding the rules on google.

At least 4 mounting points per seat using 8mm+ bolts.
40 cm2 of contact for each mounting point.

If sliders are used you need FIA spec sliders. In some cases you will need a seat back brace.

3 mm for steel or 5 mm aluminum for the mounts with a minimum width of 6 cm.

photos of your base once its done?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
MTung
Registered User
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ann Arbor MI
Posts: 109


Offline
I did this. Honestly really regret it. I got the Zeigs as well. They shape of the back is horrible. The Vios III was way better.

BUT w.e just tilt them back a bit and it won't be so bad.




Yeah I would recommend not buying seat rails they're always too tall (especially with a cage). Unless Bride made some sidemount rails for a GTO.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Nopps
Registered User
 
Nopps's Avatar
 
HSV Coupe'

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 203


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTung...View Post
I did this. Honestly really regret it. I got the Zeigs as well. They shape of the back is horrible. The Vios III was way better.

BUT w.e just tilt them back a bit and it won't be so bad.




Yeah I would recommend not buying seat rails they're always too tall (especially with a cage). Unless Bride made some sidemount rails for a GTO.

They look great man. Yeah, I'm gonna give the rails a try as they've already been ordered. Won't be supprised if I go with floor mounts down the road. Wish I would have posted sooner. What do you mean about the back shape being horrible? Clearance? Comfort? The way it looks? I was looking at the VIOS III's as well. I was torn between the two actually. I ended up liking the higher side bolsters on the Zieg III's more...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2003-2008, LS1GTO.com
Site Banner Design 2005-2007, Cylosoft

LS1GTO.com is not affiliated with General Motors Corp.