LS1GTO Forums banner

Blank switch for cutouts?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DSMinVA 
#1 ·
Ordered myself a set of DMH electric cutouts yesterday and I do not want to drill/route the included switch in an oddball place on the car. I've been hunting around the net, and cannot find a blank switch. I did find another t/c switch, p/n 92145669 though.

My thought is since the two switches serve the same function (maintained on/off), it could work correct? I was thinking about scraping the t/c text off and using it to run the cutouts. Any input is appreciated and if someone has found a blank switch, please advise me of this. Thanks!

#2 ·
Get one of the holden window switch plates and wire harness. It has the normal two window switches and then two more that are perfect for cutouts.

#3 ·
This is what I did. but I didn't need the wiring harnes I just took the switch apart and soldered inmy own wires. but I needed 2 DPDT relays. to switch the current properly.

You could do it with 2 push button switches but I think the widow switch looks better. IMO

#4 ·
Thank you for the replies. My theory was just being able to utilize the wiring with the cutouts and then connect it to the switch. What kind of relays did you use and how did you configure it?

#9 ·
I just put the switch that came with mine in the rubber coin holder (A4)

#10 ·
#11 ·
My lock button has been disabled for a long time now.

I might try and use that, but don't know if there is a power wire I can tap into right there

#12 ·
Cut-out switch

Jeff "Bohnman" did this for me, as well. It's a Holden 4 window switch where one switch is used to on.off electric cut-outs. I won't be using it for sometime so I would be willing to send it your way. Please PM me if you are interested.

#13 ·
OP I'll buy your DMH switch off you if you want to sell it. I'm looking for a DPDT round switch for some cut outs I just picked up tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.