LS1GTO Forums banner

Some newer pics of my YJ

3K views 31 replies 25 participants last post by  z_xxviii 
#1 ·
I've been collecting interesting shooting locations for a while, and I though it was about time that I shared some of my newer pictures. The ol' girl is a little dirty in some of the pictures, but I think they came out pretty good. They're all just in chronological order, not that it's too important...

Enjoy!

See less See more
#4 ·
Nothing makes a picture like a YJ.

#6 ·
Very clean GTO! Great pics. Have to take a lot to find the ones that are perfect!

#12 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm very happy with the way that the pictures turned out. :gears:

Oh, not too many. Especially since this was over the course of all year, at least since the weather has been good enough for it. I just enjoy spotting good locations and seeing what I can do with it.

Awesome pic's!!!! What camera did you use!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Irony that you post that from an iPhone. These were all taken with my Android phones, lol. The first six were with my old Samsung Galaxy S Continuum, and the rest were with my Motorola RAZR MAXX. (The Moto is a better phone, but the Samsung took better pics, imo.) They all had slight touching-up and cropped in PS.

Nice pics.Old restaurant Long in Lake?
Impressive recognition. Yep, that was the old Billy's Lighthouse in Long Lake. How far away is Montrose? I don't think I've seen your YJ around.

BTW, Cellar Door... Donnie Darko? :hbang:

#9 ·
Awesome pic's!!!! What camera did you use!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#11 ·
Nice pics!
Gotta love the YJ!

#19 ·
The most beautiful combination of words in the English language... That will always be a favorite movie of mine...

Do you drive your car year-round?

Nice shots, wish I could take a decent pic
Take a lot of pictures, notice which ones are your favorites and what your favorite parts of those pictures are. Only thing left to do from there is improve. :judge:

I used to take generic pictures like this one, back in the day...

nice shots!! always loved the YJ cars, they look like candy

looks like i may need to venture to that side of town for some pix before i put my car away :)
Do it! Hopefully your fall colors last longer than mine did.

Diggin it. For some reason, I really like the flat hood.

Great looking GTO and have to agree the front plate looks out of place.

Why don't you get the factory front mounting bracket?

My GTO also came in the northeastern state which require a plate upfront which is why one is mounted on my GTO and every car.

Here in PA we only use one rear plate.

George
I agree it looks out of place. I ran without it for most of the time I've owned the car... but after getting pulled over for it enough times, I've been keeping it on there.
I really like that no holes have been drilled in the bumper, so therefore I haven't gone about looking for a mounting bracket. I bumped into the original owner a couple years ago. I knew the salesman had told me it was the dealership owner's nephew's college car... turns out he went to college in Florida. That explained the front plate never being mounted!

Someday I'll find a more creative way to mount the plate...

#15 ·
nice shots!! always loved the YJ cars, they look like candy

looks like i may need to venture to that side of town for some pix before i put my car away :)

#23 ·
I just noticed a local Monaro commented in here! We'll have to set up some pictures when you get the car out next year.
Funny thing. My dad showed me a picture he took of a local PBM with a Monaro bumper... we didn't know there was one that was so local. And then later that day he told me about seeing your clutch thread, and that it was the same car. Weren't you by Ridgedale when your clutch went out?

#18 ·
Great looking GTO and have to agree the front plate looks out of place.

Why don't you get the factory front mounting bracket?

My GTO also came in the northeastern state which require a plate upfront which is why one is mounted on my GTO and every car.

Here in PA we only use one rear plate.

George

#21 ·
Great looking YJ

#22 ·
Nicely done. The 18" wheels, and 06 tails look great!

#26 ·
Would you be interested in trading rear bumpers and exhaust?? For some reason I love how clean 04 rears look with the single yet dual exhuast. Well really I just want a huge single corsa pipe coming out the back.

#32 ·
I also love the look of the 04 bumper. Although I've been tempted in the past, I'll have to pass on the swap.

Looks good ! My personal opinion, but take the middle post out of the spoiler, or just remove the whole thing ! :thumbs:
I'm keeping my eyes open for a used YJ trunk. I really wish the SAP spoiler was never installed due to those center holes. Mavman would have my money by now if it weren't for those holes... :hbang:

#29 ·
Looks good ! My personal opinion, but take the middle post out of the spoiler, or just remove the whole thing ! :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.