LS1GTO Forums banner

Northern Ca. spotted thread

569K views 7K replies 369 participants last post by  HMBLGOAT 
#1 ·
Looking at the NW spotted thread, I feel like we dont belong there so I'm starting one for Northern California.

Spotted a Silver 06 on 680 yesterday with "THE WOLF" as custom plates. Guy cruised with Sonny and I til I had to get off the hwy for gas. Very cool!

Today, I spotted a black 04/05 with an SAP wing missing the rear bumper cover on 280 in San Jose. We did a quick run from 60mph, it was over with fast, but still fun.

#6,606 ·
On Saturday around 11:15am in San Leandro, saw a YJ heading north on 880. Kind of looked like Don's car, not sure?

Today at 5:50pm saw a PBM that revved at me going the other way on Warm Springs on the border of Fremont and Milpitas.

#6,608 ·
be very careful if you are using the spare tires that came on the rim. If you can get some of the mickey thompson skinny tires that are made for those speeds. as far as handling and braking with those it'd be safer to ease in the braking and take the last exit at sacramento.

#6,610 ·
Saw a lowered PBM as it sounded great passing me in the fast lane on 680N today just before the Bollinger Canyon exit, around 8:45am. Didn't get much other detail, as I was forced to pay too much attention to Spazzy McBrakecheck in front of me...

Yesterday, on 242 just after it branches off the 680 fork, saw an 05/06 CGM with tinted tails. We threw each other the peace sign.

#6,612 ·
Saw two yesterday. One was a torid red leaving les shawb tires in santa rosa at 8:30am. The other a pbm at downtown santa rosa 11pm and had aftermarket rims ante exhaust.

#6,615 ·
I saw this 04 TR going south on 85 hopping onto to southbound 101. Looked like a guy in his 40's with a handicap logo on his license plate. He had the taller looking wing over our stock one, not sure who makes it.

Attachments

#6,617 ·
The g8's have a 18" wheel that is very similar to the gto 17. It come on the gt-non-premium package. The premium package that myself, Todd, and Ike have, came with 19's.

Here's a plastidip'd one

Maybe that's what the guy had. Or maybe he swapped on a set of the 17's. I'm no sure that they fit over our front brakes tho........

#6,631 ·
ty sir. were you in the sky? didn't see the goat.

put a card on an 06 IBM stock 17s Marine core sticker on the back window. Right stuff parking lot in SJ

#6,621 ·
just picked this up today

05 CGM 6speed with K&N, headers, springs, Konis, and BMR strut bar

got it from steven in antioch

also saw an 05/06 silver in santana row today...

Attachments

#6,622 ·
05 CGM 6speed with K&N, headers, springs, Konis, and BMR strut bar

got it from steven in antioch

also saw an 05/06 silver in santana row today...
Welcome to the herd bud, :thumbs: Some of us are attending a lsx dyno day this Sunday in Campbell, you should try and swing by. There is a thread for it in the n.w. section if you want more details. Another cgm in the group.... We've got alot of them !

#6,629 ·
#6,635 ·
Is your Goat white???

#6,645 ·
we love ya and miss you Nick please come back :)

#6,649 ·
:lol:

#6,648 ·
Been spotting an 06 IBM driving down 3rd st in San Rafael has full exhaust and today 04 QSM with crosses drilled rotors, two young girls pulling in Walgreens downtown san rafael

#6,652 · (Edited)
Actually nick is right. It's been about 10 months on the dot since he last was around and driving his car. Trust me I just am good with dates. :secret:

#6,658 ·
I saw an almost stock looking purple goat that had chrome wheels (though I didn't see them stopped so I couldn't tell which) heading east on 80 towards Sac around 4pm. Shortly shortly after I saw a red 05/06 with the hood painted with black stripes on the ducts heading the opposite direction. Unfortunately I was in the girl's white corolla and not my purple gto, how often do two of those see each other on the road by chance?

#6,659 · (Edited)
Spotted this tasty looking PBM here in Redwood Shores. An office complex next to mine. Anyone from the forum?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.