LS1GTO Forums banner

Sonoma raceway on Sunday Nov. 25th

7K views 215 replies 17 participants last post by  2004KID 
#1 · (Edited)
So I think weve got quite a few people on here that have been talking about this day to go racing in Sonoma.... Just thought I'd start a thread about it to get a head count and see what kind of turn out this event will bring. :burnout:

So far it the list is....
1. Me -pending if ray can make it out there,(tires and tune) looking good though.
2. Serg - no tires, racing other car
3. Colin - looking for 11's
4. Ike - 50/50 hoping he makes it
5. Jason - looking to break into the 12's
6. Young co-worker (Jason's friend)
7. Raul - needs to beat Fernando's new p.b. now
8. Fernando - watching and letting me borrow his diablo :)
9. Mystery guest looking for a p.b. as well...... Perhaps.....still waiting ...............
10. Mike - My buddy in the black g8gt
11. Ptroxx - c6 vette ls2 (thinking about it)

#2 ·
I'm in, most likely not in the GTO but who knows.

#7 ·
IDK.......... I will see as the day gets closer,lots of stuff happening this month.

#9 ·
sorry Jeff i'm out on this one but one of these days i sure would love to see what my car would run over there

#11 ·
I'm trying to get the day off so count me in. Got a young co-worker who just bought an STI and he is in.

#12 ·
Im in

#14 ·
Ill be there tonight as well.

#15 ·
Updates on tonight at Sears point ....

#16 ·
You guys missed out on the best track conditions all year. It got down to almost -600 DA and Fernando ran a new best of 12.3 at ?? MPH.

#17 ·
Damn I worked until 8:30 tonight.

#21 ·
**Updated list on first post**

#22 ·
I Was out there too running the C6... 12.89 111.22 1.964 60'mph bone stock.. but I think I could have done a little better, need the driver mod... I dont race much at all..
The trans shifts like crap.. It needs a tune bad to fix the shift points... alos the throttle responce is aweful... ill be seeing rick soon for a tune.. should help a little..

#23 ·
Not to bad for not tracking it alot..! Is it an ls2 or an ls3 ?

#24 ·
I ran a 14.1 launching in 2nd gear, blowing out the tires, getting off the throttle and going wot again... 108.43mph...

#26 ·
#34 ·
on the 25th im not gonna race because i sold my tires already since they were almost gone already so no more racing for me untill another good mod..maybe cam or FAST intake..but if you guys do go i will be there just watching no need to finish up my clutch sooner than what im expecting. :)

#35 ·
Your Continental's are fine. I won't have any DR's.

#50 ·
Anybody interested in some DR's on C5 Z06 17's

My buddy tried them on his C6 Z06 but didn't work out to well
Out of curiosity, what is he selling them for ? What brand dr's ?

#45 ·
I don't think his clutch is slipping, he might of ripped too many 60ft with it, I think your clutch would slip in all gears if that were the case?

#53 ·
I dont think I will be making it out. If I talk my wife into letting me take the GTO to Sac this friday when we go up there to visit family I'll most likely be running Sac on Sat. Then again it would be cool to race on Sat then the following Wed. No need to change tires then. :) I really would like to see what this track is like even if its only a few runs.

#55 ·
I dont think I will be making it out. If I talk my wife into letting me take the GTO to Sac this friday when we go up there to visit family I'll most likely be running Sac on Sat. Then again it would be cool to race on Sat then the following Wed. No need to change tires then. :) I really would like to see what this track is like even if its only a few runs.
Which track, you mean Infineon ?

just talked to him he wants $350 and my mistake they are BDG radials
Radials or drag radials ?

#58 ·
A few years ago Sac used to be the fast track... now it's more about track prep and there is no contest... Sonoma Raceway is amazing. How do you think I pulled 1.6 60 foot times in a stock motor, stock suspension gto?

#59 ·
you just ran at sac, what kind of 60s did you get to compare ? Track prep is pretty bad at Sac now. Last time I was there I never saw them do a single thing other the spray water .....

#60 ·
My best 60 foot at Sac was 1.84 but mostly 1.9 and 2.0's. Different drag radial setup but still underwhelming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.