LS1GTO Forums banner

The official... HGH BS thread

122K views 2K replies 79 participants last post by  Corndog 
#1 ·
When are we gonna have another turnout like THIS?:

I'm having my small "mod/tune-up" deal this Saturday, but I still want to organize something big for all of us.

We usually meet up rather well at Cars & Coffee and/or the WHM events. But... it's time for something HGH-related, and with an enormous showing.

So... let's kick around some ideas in here!

Food? Go karts? Arcade? Some adult beverages? Saturday/Sunday? Early/late?

C'mon, people. Let's try and have something ready, and maybe I'll organize it for May!

Should I make this an HGH BS thread? Everyone else has their own thread! Ha. Our HGH chatter usually gets lost in the Houston Sightings thread.

See less See more
#416 ·
Cool. I know how to find the towns. Just didn't know where people met up in town. I got stuck judging beers all day so couldn't get out like I wanted. Might be able to steal away for a bit tomorrow. I'll probably be at St. Arnolds for a tour sometime early tomorrow if anyone else wants to come along.

#420 ·

:wall:

#422 ·
*cough*

*cough*

Sorry... just came in here to clear my throat.

#424 ·
You need some cough medicine Manny? Poor baby is feeling under the weather. awwwww

#429 ·
#432 ·
True, but... what's to say those same shitheads aren't going to pay and get in there?

It's not like the GTO crew doesn't have their own shitheads? Remember that red one? People STILL bring that up.

Plus... do you even know if they'll let us in there?

#433 ·
from what i've heard its going to be pay to get in. they didnt disclose the amount 50$+ i'd guess.
and they might pay to get in there you're right. but it will greatly dimish the amount. and it will probably weed out the random shit box civic thats goin to show up hit limiter and bunch of times scratch the tires pulling out and draw a bunch of unwanted attention, and high school kids aren't goin to pay a bunch of money to show up.

its going to really really suck if tx2k turns into the texas invitational where its invite only and no spectators

#434 ·
Again... I see what you're saying, but the car you chose to mention was a Civic. The domestics are turning into retards, too. Hell... it was a Mustang that got it busted up, early this year.

If they plan on charging like $50 or more, then I'll have to sit that out. If anything, I'll try to organize an HGH event around that time. Might as well save that "parking money," and use it to go hang out. Just my idea, though.

$50 on food and drinks > $50 on parking

#437 · (Edited)
I'm aware I was standing with the 510 guys when the mustang let it rip. that was where the high school comment came from. I say honda but mean any crappy car; v6 mustang, v6 Camaro whatever. There was also a handful of fights and just people that don't need to be there.
The ricer fly by shit was happening at the hotel. Which started drawing too much attention where it didn't need to be.

#436 ·
I'm thinking this was probably Mike(Ls2-ToY).

#440 ·
GO TEXANS!!!

Ugly win, on an ugly field, in ugly weather. But that was a damn good game!

#442 ·
:D

#443 ·
I want to apologize to any of you HGH members that had their rides out, this evening.

Of course... I wash my car, and it rains just enough to drench our cars. :(

I just hope it's not bad enough, otherwise I'll have to hit up a touchless wash, before Cars & Coffee.

#444 ·
Lesson of the week...

"Just when you think you are done with a project/job/install etc... remember you are never finished the first or second or sometimes even third time you thought you were done!!! There are always little things leftover you forgot or something unexpected that happens to throw a wrench in the whole timeline/plan. In the end everything usually works out and life will go on though"

Its a good lesson learned and one I wont soon forget...

#446 ·
Yeah remember to tighten those transmission cooler lines again... and again, oh and again. Just because they didnt leak the first crank doesnt mean they are good yet. Check them again... :lol:

#448 ·
It's all good, he was doing the work on my car helping me out. Just a little bit of fluid and putting on the bumper and taking off a few times. PoolShark does great work. Coated Kooks Headers, 160 TSTat, Custom Poolshark Ported Intake with Bigger Throttle Body and Derale Trans Cooler and probably a few other things I am forgetting right now. Cooler I should have done a long time ago and a must for automatic transmission. With the 160 Tstat my drive home last night coolant was around low 170s and trans temp dropped a good 30 plus degrees running around 155.

#451 ·
The only thing I know of going is Toys for Tots at Bumbera out here in Katy.

#452 ·
So...

January.

Who is up for a meet/get-together? We've done the West side, the NW side, and our last one was on the South side.

So... East? North?

To be honest, most us drive WHEREVER the event is. No complaints. So... if we decide on one against the other, I (we) hope you'll make the trip anyways. It's about seeing familiar faces. It should've be about the "long drive."

Having said that...

Suggestions?

#453 ·
I vote nitrous install party at my place....:turbonaug