LS1GTO Forums banner

The official... HGH BS thread

122K views 2K replies 79 participants last post by  Corndog 
#1 ·
When are we gonna have another turnout like THIS?:

I'm having my small "mod/tune-up" deal this Saturday, but I still want to organize something big for all of us.

We usually meet up rather well at Cars & Coffee and/or the WHM events. But... it's time for something HGH-related, and with an enormous showing.

So... let's kick around some ideas in here!

Food? Go karts? Arcade? Some adult beverages? Saturday/Sunday? Early/late?

C'mon, people. Let's try and have something ready, and maybe I'll organize it for May!

Should I make this an HGH BS thread? Everyone else has their own thread! Ha. Our HGH chatter usually gets lost in the Houston Sightings thread.

See less See more
#3 ·
I remember the early days of HGH we would get 40+ GTO's for a turn out with out really even trying...

Seems forever ago now.

#4 ·
the first one i went too nearly 5 years ago was still like 20 cars and everyone was saying it was small.

im up for something in may. just lmk and ill do my best to bring 2 gtos out. :)

#5 ·
Next weekend come on out for a little get together also. http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438970

But yes Manny is right let's also work on a big get together. How about Tilted Kilt or something like that. Is there anything with in a half day drive to go for a tour or something. Looked up Shiner and Blue Bell but it looks like only M-F.

#8 ·
Am I the only one tired of skimpy outfits with terrible food?

IBTYYHRs

In Before The "Yes, You ****" Replies

:gr_jest:

I dunno. I'm more in favor of something with a large parking lot. Something with really good food, not just a place with tatas hanging out in order to sell the food.

Y'know what!?

We never had our Bear Creek Meet!!!

Anyone in favor of that???

Everyone could bring something, and with everything together... we're talking about A LOT of food.

#10 ·
I'd be in for a meet anywhere. The Bear Creek idea was a good one.

#11 ·
#12 ·
I need to get my goat back, but I'm only available on Sundays.

#14 ·
I'm down. I need a break from messed up work schedule.

#15 ·
You mean like this?

#18 ·
Don't even get me started on that. I still think XCPuff wants to punch him in the face for messing up our other picture. :gr_jest:

Oh and Manny :goghey:
Know how I know you're gay?

What is this bear creek you speak of?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bear-creek-park-houston

Bear Creek Park. We tried to organize a really big BBQ/Sunday meet, and we got rained out. We were looking to have a damn good showing, IIRC. Sucks because the two people who were the most involved, other than myself, no longer have GTOs and don't come on the board anymore. :dunno:

So... hopefully I'll have a bit more help this go-around.

(Don't worry, jmak. I know you've done your fair share of organizing)

#16 ·
What is this bear creek you speak of? Oh and Manny :goghey:

Let's get something plans for a Sunday Funday!!!!!

#20 ·
Check with Houston Parks about the BBQ if the fire ban has been lifted, I tried to do a cookout for my staff at work and with the drought last year there are no open flames allowed in any Houston Park.

#21 ·
seriously though twin peaks does have good food and when was the last time we had a south side meet?

everything is always on the west/northwest side.

plus i know they are friendly to car meets since ive seen a few of them over there. my brother lives off nasa rd 1 so im down there every once in a while.

id be totally down for the drive down there.

#34 ·
seriously though twin peaks does have good food and when was the last time we had a south side meet?

everything is always on the west/northwest side.
The beard has spoken.

Welllll... if everyone is interested in this, I could make a couple of calls. Even if they can't let us organize too much, we could all just meet up there.

What say you, HGH?

Twin Peaks? (I'll decide on a date, after I call them)

#24 ·
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Manny is trying to organize an event to appeals to the masses to get a big turnout. Something that can planned out several weeks in advanced so everyone can mark their calendar. Besides we already got a small event happening tomorrow. Planning multiple events on the same day divide people up.

#26 ·
:eek:hsnap1: It has been a long week. :banghead:

#27 ·
it really has.

gunna try to relax this weekend even though i have a ton of wrenching to do.

#32 ·
Sounds good, we will all be there because you are such a nice person to pick up the tab for everyone.

#35 ·
twin peaks on a sunday afternoon sounds good. after the lunch crowd before the dinner crowd. around 2-3 would be cool.

#36 · (Edited)
x2 Make it happen Manny! I vote for a caravan for us west side folks. Meet at 59 and the beltway to cover everyone coming from Sugarland, Katy and NW Area if we are going to the one in Webster. If the Kirby one we can figure out another spot.

#37 ·
definitely the webster one. parking SUCKS at the kirby location plus all the roads around there suck (i work down the street).