LS1GTO Forums banner

The Official Louisiana Herd Thread

893K views 17K replies 153 participants last post by  BRMike 
#1 ·
Yeah, I did it... I created this new :quoties:Official:quoties: O/T Thread.

It appears that there are more new owners in the area looking to join the herd. I thought it would be easier for new members to find. So, let this thread be the general talk thread for the LA Herd.

#13,755 ·
Ok guys, I'm ready to get my garage back. Its been entirely too long. Is anyone interested in a GTO shell? Most of the car has been stripped but still a few trinkets left in it. Most of yall know the damage on the car so I wont go into too much detail here but will get pics up later. Driver front corner is damaged taking out the fender bumper and hood, glass is intact except for busted windshield, has a couple scrapes and a dent on the driver side door and quarter but passenger side is smooth. Also has a dented floorpan under driver footwell.

If you want it, come get it. If not, I'll be stripping the last few pieces off and hauling it off to a junkyard or scrap metal shop hopefully by the end of the year. I would rather someone be able to do something with it.

#13,758 ·
I think Mike needs help. He's worrying me. He has a cell phone now, uses "slang" on his text messages, and is actually taking off work during Christmas. I might schedule and intervention with him if he sells the GTO.

#13,762 ·
I even have an I Pad now...

So today I had a visit with my insurance agent to review my policies. It turns out they have a partnership with Hagerty. So by the time I left, I had increased my coverages and cut the GTO's insurance rate in half! I should have done this years ago.

Also, I saw a new COPO Camaro being trailored down Hwy. 16 in Denham Springs this afternoon.

#13,766 ·
Well its sad to say...but...........

im leaving BASF. Tomorrow is my last day. Then ill be rejoining Mike at Exxon in Baton Rouge.

Really not sad....but I figured Id stir it up.

Bet yall thought I was selling my GTO again....maybe for a split second at least.

#13,767 ·
Any of you guys make frequent trips to Chevy dealers? I've been eyeballing Camaro's lately and i am trying to decide between an SS or ZL1. An SS optioned out the way i want it comes up to $53k ($45k + $8k for S/C) or the ZL1 which basically comes the way i want it for $59k.

But i know those online prices usually don't mean anything because dealers mark up limited/special cars. So I'm just curious what the ZL1's are going for at the dealers.

#13,768 ·
Depends on what you're after. All out speed, get the SS and put a blower on it. My brother in law has already gone 10.4 with his SS with a little 2.9 whipple. The ZL1 is more of an all around car, hence the reason the mags give it the nod against the GT500 although the GT500 skull fucks it in any competition of speed. The Magna suspension is bad ass and you can't get that on an SS, unless you opt for the 1LE? and put a blower on it......best of both worlds. Based on the $45K price tag I'm guessing you maybe looking at that already.

#13,777 ·
Yeah, but I'm all talk.

I did see a dark red ZL1 on Burnside in Gonzales today. I had just picked up the G6 from Duplessis. It was there for the second time for a CEL. They can't find anything wrong. They just clear out the codes and send me on my way. The car runs just fine, but it's up for inspection next month. So I've got to get this resolved! Very frustrated. I guess I'll give Brian Harris Chevrolet a shot at it. I'd like wait until at least July to get rid of it for the A5.

#13,771 ·
No Go :(

Hey guys,

Tranny has lost 3-4, fine in R -1-2. Time for a rebuild? Anyone else have this happen? Any idea on rebuild costs?

Dale

#13,779 ·

Thing is, the car runs as smooth as ever. If the CEL was not on, you'd never think there was a problem. Duplessis did say these codes were "historical". I believe all three codes are for misfires.

#13,780 ·
If they were history codes they shouldn't come back on once they rest it. If you can bring it to me when they come back on. I'd like to take a look and see if I can figure something out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#13,781 ·
Hey Patrick. The CEL came back on about 25 miles after we picked it up today.
I've been searching the net, but I can't really find anything. Some say the catalytic converter could be bad, but I wouldn't think that would cause a misfire code... Who knows.

#13,783 ·
If they are all in a series they are all related usually. Codes in the 300's are usually spark plugs, wires, coilpacks or fuel pump going bad. The code can be cleared but will come back after so much data is collected. Easiest thing first is get some fuel treatment to make sure it wasn't bad gas. Then spark plugs. How many miles?

#13,785 · (Edited)
I think part of the problem is that it is random. The car will run perfectly all day long. It may stumble slightly at idle about 10% of the time. When this does occur, say at a red light, the CEL will begin to flash. Once I roll not the throttle, the light will stop flashing. The CEL just stays on from there.

Adam, the car has just over 60,000 miles on it. The first time I took the car in, their suggestion was to run 89 octane fuel for a few tanks. It's on tank four and the fuel doesn't appear to be the issue. I will go ahead and try some sort of fuel additive. There's nothing to lose at this point.

Anyway, it's just frustrating.

On a brighter note... Omar, I think you'll really enjoy the new brake set up.

#13,787 ·
So I took a little drive down the official LA Hwy. 22 road course today. I went from Hwy. 22 @ Airline, to the side road and back to 22. I wasn't nearly as bold, driving solo. I turned left onto Hwy. 16 after crossing the diversion canal to head towards home. I ended up getting stuck behind an old man in a Cadillac. What's worse is that it was a dark red, current gen, CTS-V! you know you're driving slow when I complain...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.