LS1GTO Forums banner

The Proxses Tuning Brembo Conversion Kit

28K views 118 replies 47 participants last post by  sponaugle 
#1 ·
Hello all, Quiksilver and I have been working on some details of the kit and due to the clutter of the old thread, this new one will hopefully clarify things.

Here goes!

What is the PTBCK?
This kit consists of the custom components needed to mount the Brembo calipers from a G8 GXP, Camaro SS, or 2004-2007 CTS-V to the GTO.

What comes in the kit?
For $212 you get:
Two (2) Caliper Mounting Brackets
Two (2) Rotor Centering Rings
Four (4) Bracket Bolt Size Adaptors (2004 cars only)

What else do I need?
You'll need these parts to finish the kit:
Left Front Brembo Caliper
Right Front Brembo Caliper
Brembo Caliper Hardware Kit (2 needed)
CTS-V Caliper Bolts (4 needed)
2002-2006 BMW E65 745i Front Rotors
2004-2007 CTS-V Brake Pad (your choice)

What kind of lead time?
Lead time is determined by the demand for this kit and production capabilities, I will update this as needed.

How easy is it to install?
Review this installation guide and you can decide for yourself!
www.proxsestuning.com/Brembo.pdf

How do I order?
Go to http://www.proxsestuning.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2901850
Be sure to specify your correct GTO year when ordering.

Will you be making a rear kit?
There are currently no plans for a rear BBK due to the complexity added by the e-brake. A Brembo 4-piston front and our factory 1-piston rear is identical to the setup used on the G8 GXP.

Will this work with my factory master cylinder?
Yes, there will be no issues with the ABS or OEM master. You may notice a slightly stiffer pedal.

Will 2009-2011 CTS-V Gen2 6-piston calipers work with this?
No, the 6-piston CTS-V caliper needs a larger rotor and as such would use a different offset rotor than the BMW one chosen. This adaptor kit only works with the 4-piston Brembo calipers as noted above.

What kind of wheels will this kit fit?
General rule is anything 18" and up. We're currently working on a fitment printout that you can use at home on your wheels to confirm. Please give us just a few more days.

See less See more
#70 ·
That is correct 04 lines are better for this upgrade

#74 ·
Very Very Very happy with mine now we need a rear kit. Make it happen!

#82 ·
So it really is the 05/06 brake hose that i need with V calipers? I also had it in my head that i needed the 04 lines.

I am finally getting motivated to work on this since march is just over 3 weeks away. Ordered these brackets and some zimmermann rotors yesterday and have been sitting on the calipers and V bolts for a couple months so i suppose some brake hoses and pads are about all i need now... well, and some caliper paint.

#91 ·
Well - The g8GXP calipers are quite a bit more since I can't seem to find any here in Canada (another sexy Pontiac that didn't come north) So I'll just stick with CTSV. Didn't want to order them and run the risk of not being able to fit them.

Some online pics show them silver with brembo logo, and some black with brembo and pontiac?

#93 ·
The original link from Proxses doesn't work any more, and the brackets are not on the web site. Any ideas if anyone else makes a bracket like this?

Jeff

#94 · (Edited)
Bohnman sells the kits made by itsme4g63. He carries the setup to run 6 piston Brembo CTS V calipers with 14" 2010+ Camaro SS front rotors for the front and a kit to run 4 piston CTS V/Camaro SS Brembo calipers with either the C6 Z06 (13.4") or DBA HSV rotor (13.8").

http://www.bohnmancustoms.com/

Note that these kits are not friendly with most aftermarket rims like Proxses kit was using the 13.7" BMW 745i front rotors. What is weird though, just a few weeks back he still had his brake kit on his website. :dunno:

I think itsme4g63 also made a kit that utilized the 13.7" BMW 745i rotor with 4 piston CTS V calipers.

#97 ·
itsme4g63 has 4pot brackets. Or at least was testing them.

#101 ·
Sounds good. Before contacting Proxses I took a look at what my other options were, and they were all expensive.... Even the Wilwood kit is >$1700. This is a great deal.

Jeff

This post has been deleted
#102 ·
I faced a similar dilemma. I purchased a 2014 GT-R a few months ago and I debated if I wanted to sell the GTO. Most of the depreciation has already occurred, so the future loss with time isn't that much. There are not that many GTO's driving around here in Portland, and I have probably spent 20k modifying the car over the years.

It is such a fun car, and very much a sleeper. I never get a second glance from the police, and its simple exterior hides the twin turbo beast underneath. I think the mod that has made me want to keep the car the most is the Racelogic traction control. It made such a huge difference in the drive-ability and the ability to put power down. It is also an easy car to work on, and has a fully decoded ECU which makes tuning less guessing and more enjoyable. There is also a good aftermarket for the car, which is surprising given the limited production.

In the end I decided to keep the GTO.. and up on the lift it went. I'm in the process of rebuilding the suspension (new bushings, control arms, bearings, brakes), as well as cleaning up some nagging items with the twin turbo kit.

Jeff

#103 ·
I'm also able to get some more of these brackets if it falls through with Proxses. I can provide the brackets/hub rings and bolts. If interested, you can give me a PM for more details as this is Proxses' thread. Brackets made out of 7075 aluminum, and hub rings out of stainless steel.

#105 ·
Thanks for the offer! If I can't get 2 other people to buy in, I'll drop you a note. (I mentioned 2 other people because I am going to get a spare set, and Big Red will probably get a set. If we get two more people interested I'll pull the trigger and get the parts ordered.

Yeah, this thing is so reliable and unassuming. Dark tinted windows and no front plate and police never look twice at it. With the front mount intercooler, enthusiasts know something is going on but riding in it off boost it is like a stock GTO just louder. Even gets good gas mileage. I drove it 230 miles home mostly highway and didn't even use a half tank.
It is funny you mention the front plate. They are required here in Oregon as well. I have left the front plate off my Subaru just a few times, and each of those times I got pulled over within a day or so. With my GTO I have never had a front plate, and never been pulled over. It really just flies under the radar.

Jeff

#109 ·
That and they fit deep dish wheels like ccws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.