LS1GTO Forums banner

NW indiana roll call

165K views 4K replies 103 participants last post by  Nothubertjfarnsworth 
#1 ·
allright this has probably been asked before but how many of us live in northwest indiana? i have seen a ton of goats lately, namely this one '06 IBM that runs through my town (hobart) all the time, a torrid red '04 and another '05 that looks EXACTLY like mine running around my town, and lastly i've seen a PBM 05' parked by the autozone on 61st and merrillville, and another silver 04 running around the same town.

fess up! :D

anyone who lives in northwest indiana, lake, porter, newton, jasper, laporte counties...

#35 ·
I see a silver one too that rolls in Highland and he takes 80/94 to wherever it is that he works everyday. Older guy too, he waves at me and I wave back, I make sure to try and wave to anyone I see in a GTO.

#6 ·
whats your town? im pretty sure i saw you at the intersection of county line and rt6 some time ago. sounded louder than stock when it passed me. might have been you.

#7 ·
Lake county here as well.
DD Torrid Red '05 A4. I'm usually all over the place, Merrillville, Schererville, Crown Point, Valpo etc. I am constantly on the look out for other GTOs and wave whenever I see them. Just last week a PBM either '05 or '06 and I prowled the streets of Griffith while headed to work one morning. Haven't seen him before and not sure who it might be on here. There are quiet a few of us in the area.

Looks like there's going to be a nice size gathering in the making this year. There is a long post on Indiana sittings on here previously but I think it's on page two by now. As soon as the weather clears and warms up, we all need to schedule a get together.

BTW, just to let all those of you know might be looking for a GTO, or have friends who are looking, Schepel Buick, Pontiac, GMC in Merrillville currently has 6 GTOs on the lot.

- IBM '06 A4, Blue interior, 18's, 4330 miles, $26995
- Torrid Red '06 A4 Black interior, 17's, 4095 miles, $26995
- Spice Red '06, M6, Black interior, 17's, 2784 miles, $27995
- Torrid Red '06, A4 Red interior, 17's, 863 miles, $27995
- Spice Red '06, A4 Black interior, 17's, 1528 miles, $27995
- PBM '06, M6, Black interior, 18's, 8803 miles, $27995

Here's the link.

http://www.schepelbuickpontiacgmc.com/

All of them look to be recent trades and in very good condition. And I'm sure they won't last long once the words gets out about them. And nope, I don't have any affiliation with them, just spreading the word.

Also, there is an '04 Yellow Jacket at the Chevy dealership in Crown Point on Taft Rd.

Patrick

#14 · (Edited)
06 SRM M6 18 in Lake. Bought mine from Schepel also. See Dennis in the Used car office, he's a good guy.
Dennis is who i bought my car from! bought a G6 from him too... great guy...

i walked in and asked about the GTO, and he immediatly started working with me on price. He was eager to give me a testdrive too. i dunno if it was the same guy you talked to, dadler, it doesn't sound like him.

#13 ·
Highland here. PBM M6 05, but i decided to put mine in the garage for the winter so you wont be seein mine around for a month or two

Bought mine from Schepel also. See Dennis in the Used car office, he's a good guy.
I think that is the guy I talked to when i was lookin for a car. I was merely shopping around and wasnt sure what i wanted yet. I was actually lookin at some older stuff 300 zx tt, 3000gt vr4, supra, etc. I went there just lookin to test drive the gto and he came out treating me poorly. He was sayin how they dont let those cars go for test drives, then sayin he needed to run my credit and i could buy it and return it if i didnt want it. It took about a half hour of arguing with this guy before he finally let me drive it. Maybe cause I'm young (25) but the way he treated me i wouldnt have bought a car from him. That test drive did however seal the deal on me buyin a gto. It was all i thought about for the week or two i was looking for the right color combo, price, mileage etc.

#16 ·
Highland here. PBM M6 05, but i decided to put mine in the garage for the winter so you wont be seein mine around for a month or two

I think that is the guy I talked to when i was lookin for a car. I was merely shopping around and wasnt sure what i wanted yet. I was actually lookin at some older stuff 300 zx tt, 3000gt vr4, supra, etc. I went there just lookin to test drive the gto and he came out treating me poorly. He was sayin how they dont let those cars go for test drives, then sayin he needed to run my credit and i could buy it and return it if i didnt want it. It took about a half hour of arguing with this guy before he finally let me drive it. Maybe cause I'm young (25) but the way he treated me i wouldnt have bought a car from him. That test drive did however seal the deal on me buyin a gto. It was all i thought about for the week or two i was looking for the right color combo, price, mileage etc.

thats odd. my salesmans name was Rich and i had no problem taking mine for a test drive. he was driving a c5 so he was sorta knowledgable on the gto.

#15 ·
oh and schepel does seem to move a lot of GTO's. they always seem to get low-mileage ones, too...

don't ever bother going to paul sur. they tried to sell me an 04 GTO with piston slap. :banghead:

#33 ·
Did you get your mods done at Rush Racing in Schererville? How were they? When I am ready to put some shit into the car I was thinking of checking that place out.

#36 ·
Hey everyone. I live out in IL now, but i grew up right in little ol Griffith. My parents moved out to Lowell, but i am out in Griffith/Highland like every weekend cause my friends are out there. I drive a 06 PBM. Hope to see you guys around sometime. We should organize a cruise one weekend or something.

#37 ·
I am really trying to get a cruise going, I wish I had my exhaust done already so that way my car's sound does not get totally washed out by everyone else's. I drive an 05 IBM and I am always driving around Highland, I have a couple buddies near 45th and Reuth Dr. by BBking. I know another guy that drives a black '04 that lives near Stracks. I am definitely willing to do a cruise though, any weekend. I am down to do a small cruise this weekend weather pending, but as soon as I can get a good clean on the car we should organize something bigger, maybe cruise from Merrillville (seems to be a good meeting point) to Mt Baldy or some other beach on Lake Mich. bring some beers and grill some burgers or something. Can't wait to see the looks on all the bikini clad girls' faces when a thunderstorm roars into the lot. I equally cant wait to see the look on the guys face as his babe is hanging out with all of us instead. heh :fawkdance

#49 ·
I'm 22, i am tryin to get my new SLP L/T's and LM1 installed next weekend, we should wait till around then. lol, plus the weather might be a little better to.

#50 ·
sounds great, this weekend is gonna be very cold and snowy so that is automatically thrown out. Next weekend I am going to the NASCAR race in Bristol, but after that I am game. Its too bad I havent put a single mod into my car yet though, lol not even a K&N, but I have good reason (lost my job), so as soon as I can save more money up I will definitely be going down to Rush Racing.

#51 ·
no hurry if the weather is crappy, but as long as everyone knows to meet up at walmart in valpo in the upcoming months will be cool, ive been the only goat to hold down the fort down there. just gotta keep this tread updated...

btw meygto he does use a dynojet...

o yeah im 27

#57 ·
so we meetin in valpo, we should cruise from there down Rt 30 to Hooters in Meriville and eat lunch or dinner or something. Let all the hooters girls come out and pose around our cars, that would be F*ckin sweet. lets get that going

#68 ·
Guys Im pretty po'ed. I got my car back from Schepel yesterday for some warranty work I had, and the work was great but they washed my car. Great I am thinking, I was looking at it today and there are some heavy duty swirl "bands" that I could see on the sides and on the hood. Very heavy duty swirls, noticeable to any of our eyes. I am the only one that ever washes my car and I can tell you that my drying pattern is not like that, and I also am very aware of the swirl marks that were already in there, nothing even close to this. I am going to have to call my salesman and tell him about it and then he can get this taken care of. Ridiculous, at least it just takes a good buffin'.

#69 ·
what kind of work did you need done?

when i got my car from there is had the typical domed sticker above the pontiac badge on the trunk. when i went to take it off i found that it was covering up a nice gash in the paint. all the way down to the primer on the plastic part. i called them up the next day and they said that it must have lifted the paint when i peeled off the sticker. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....i kept the sticker to show them there was no paint transfer. they touched it up with the wrong shade of red and thats all they would do for me.

i plan on getting this taken care of by a real body shop when i have the spoiler holes shaved. its just a shame they have people working there that would knowingly cover something like that up.

ps....i was told by my salesman that the car had a new power steering pump installed when they got it, at 5200 miles. seemed odd to me, but my steering wheel has never sat dead straight, it has always been a bit off. i even had them do an alignment on the car. no change. someone has had the steering rack of my car, im sure of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.