LS1GTO Forums banner

GTO Solid cradle bushings

26K views 138 replies 47 participants last post by  caboose73 
#1 ·
Just wrapping up the final lathe work on a few sets of solid rear cradle bushings.

Look for these to be available very soon.

Thanks
Chris

See less See more
#5 ·
Would these do ok on street cars you think?

#7 ·
I'll have to get some feedback from some guys that drive on the street allot that also have fairly stock suspension.
I drive my GTO on the street but I have it set up up very stiff with our coilover kit for racing so it's not a good source of feedback, I didnt notice much of a change when I put them in though. It just doesnt squat and squirm on a hard launch as it did before.

#13 ·
what exactly are these going to help? is this partial camber fix when launching or what oh and $$$

#14 ·
In pending three results:
Price difference vs Polys
Streetability/any unwanted vibration transfer
Reliability (I assume this wouldbe a muuuuuch more reliable part, but sometimes replacing a bushing with a solid piece will overstress other nearby bushings and cause premature failure)
I was going to buy the Lovells ones but if these are cheaper or work better then I may be reconsidering.

#18 ·
I like it :)

#19 ·
maybe some holes to lighten them up ,lol

#26 ·
I'm thining that having these will make the cradle alignment even harder to do? I know on some of the cars that we've aligned the rear cradles on we needed alot of persuading power.

Most interesting :)

#107 ·
With this there will be no alignment needed or possible as the bushing is solid and the preload that the alignment takes care off is no longer needed, it will self align the cradle when installed, positioning it rite dead in the correct spot, there's no possibility of any cradle wondering or displacement as with the factory or aftermarket bushings either, which gives the wheels and tires freedom to move as much as 3/8 of an inch to each side and 1/4 to the front, and back under braking.
These should be a hit for drag racers and auto cross and circle tracks alike....

#27 ·
any tips on getting the factory ones out?

#29 ·
Simple take the big ass bolt out along with teh 3 little ones that hold the x member up there. it will drop down a little stick a 1" socket inbetween the x-member and the frame and jack up the x-member the weight of the car will push the bushing right out. like pushing toothpaste out of a tube. you could also use a piece of pipe or a larger scket also works better I think I normally use a 1 1/2"

#28 ·
Those looking amazing! Can't wait to give some feedback on them

#35 ·
SPEAKING OF BOLTS...DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SIZE OF THE CRADLE BOLTS AND XMEMBER BOLTS THAT HOLD THE REAREND TO THE CAR? I NEED SOME JUST TO PUT THE REAREND UP UNDER ANOTHER GTO CAUSE I MISPLACED THEM

#36 ·
What is the latest news on these for a serious Street car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.