LS1GTO Forums banner

Got Some New Wheels

5K views 68 replies 23 participants last post by  slammin86 
#1 ·
Well, I decided that the time has come to put some wheels on the car. A black GTO doesn’t do much for me on the dark nights when we ride, so I wanted to brighten things up.

The wheels are chrome, dual spoke five stars in 18x8’s.

I wonder, what is the largest tire size I can put on them? I currently run 245/45/18’s.

You can tell me what you think...

Wheel by acts187kjv, on Flickr

See less See more
#2 ·
probably the widest would be a 255/35/18 i run nittos on mine and the seem to run a little narrow so it works with no bulging

#9 ·
Which set of Nitto's? And do they hook good?

#7 ·
These are the specs on the 18 inch wheels.

Offset: +45mm
Backspacing: 6.29"
Bolt Pattern: 5-120

#4 ·
I have the same wheels, but in black.

I'm running with 255's in the rear. I kinda regret not going 265 or even 275 for appearance. There's plenty of room and I don't think they'd look that bad on the rim.

I could snap a pic of what they look like with the 255's if you'd like?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Yes, do it! I will be buying tires in March.

#8 · (Edited)
Well, now days, everybody is doing the Black wheel with Crome lip. I figured I will try to stand out from the rest.

You can't miss a chrome wheel car at night, wheels flicking off the street lights.

#11 ·
Zinik Z30

Install setup for tomorrow!!!

#13 ·
Unfortunately, they are not staggered. I didn’t worry about it too much about that because I’m going to have a second set of rear wheels for the M/T Streets I’m going to put on it for the summer.

#14 ·
You currently run 45/18's or 45/17's? Just wondering cause that seems like it would be a pretty tall tire (mainly for the front).

Like to see them on the car, as it's hard to picture how good/bad they may look until then...I would personally get rid of that 'Z' though and put a pontiac center cap in its place.

#23 ·
I told the shop to change the center caps, but they didn't. Therefore, I will change them later.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#22 ·
Not in to green unless its a nice yard.

#17 ·
I normally not a fan of chrome, per se, but sometimes they can look alright and why I'd like to see it...The wife's G6 came with the chrome 5-spoke (oem) and they look really nice when they're clean.

I do not like black on black or black wheels in general (why spend the $$ and not even see the wheels, or make them look like missing hubcaps (when it's rolling)), but that's just me. Given a preference, I'd do polished, but damn that is a PITA to keep up.

#24 ·
I basically agree with your statements. I'm not sold on the look totally, but I still like the brighter wheel.

Many people here in St. Louis have the black wheel and chrome lip on every type of car. There are many more black GTO's manufactured than most colors. My car would look just like the bulk of those with aftermarket non-drag wheel cars.

Pics will be up this afternoon.

#30 ·
Hey, High School Goat. Are your wheels chrome? I see your pic below and it looks really nice.

#26 ·
That an ideal, but a white wheel looks better on a WRX STi. I love those cars.

#35 ·
Shit if chrome 18 inch rims are wrong on a black car then I am royally smurfed when my 19 inch chrome rims get here. Lololol. All jokes aside everyone either has black wheels, VMR's, black wheels with a polished lip. These are my wheels op.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#37 ·
Not me, still have the oem 17's, lol. I would like to get some different ones, but these are growing on me (looks "ok" on a purple car)...not sure what I'd get though and I think any style is played out in one way or the other. Want something relatively light (but strong) and would like a forged one. Just sucks we get screwed on running fwd-looking wheels only on these :(

#47 ·
#48 ·
I don't know if I like them in the daytime much, but I love them at night! Chrome has that shine I was looking for to make it stand out in the dark.

#52 ·
i thoughts I was going to hate them, but after the night pic, they actually look pretty good.

#54 ·
Thanks, two nice comments thus far is more than I expected. Therefore, they will stay for the rest of the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.