LS1GTO Forums banner

Just bought a "new" exhaust a couple days ago...

6K views 96 replies 35 participants last post by  EGO KLR 
#1 ·
I've been working with someone to get a special exhaust for my LS1 GTO.

I plan on keeping the original rear bumper so it'll only have that one side dual exhaust, which as most of you know, pretty much limits my choices on exhaust for the 04s.

The hardest part is that I have to wait 3 weeks for it to get built because it's not made anymore and then I have to wait for shipping across the ocean, for it to get to me.

The hardest part is that I don't even know what it sounds like because there are no sound clips of it on the internet... anywhere. In fact, I'm not even sure there are pictures of it. Not to mention, I'll be the only GTO in the US to have this exhaust, according to the manufacturer and owner of the company.

I suppose, once I get it, I'll have to make some videos or something?

#3 ·
It's made by a pretty well known company in the UK; Wortec (Vauxhall VXR500)

Honestly, I just happened to come across the owner on a forum or two and we have been talking back and forth for a while now. I figured I might as well buy something from him. I suppose this way, I could have something that no one has and make my GTO as unique as possible.

#8 ·
Thanks!

Just went to the Web Site. Are you getting the switchable one with electronic cut over? That would be even more interesting.
Nope, like I said, it's not anywhere on the internet... haha I can't find it anywhere.

The Aussie dual mode cat backs are the tits.
They are.

Did you not like the stock 04 exhaust? I love mine with LT's and catless mids, of course the other mods help too!
Nah, I wanted something a bit, different.

#7 ·
Did you not like the stock 04 exhaust? I love mine with LT's and catless mids, of course the other mods help too!

#9 ·
Got it. Keep us posted

#10 ·
Interested in hearing this when done.

#12 ·
#40 ·
#13 ·
How much is this puppy costing? Plus having it shipped??

I toyed with the idea of using a heat riser valve like the orignal GTO's had on their dual mode exhaust triggered by vaccume.

Waldron makes a pretty trick setup like this using a dual mode muffler. Sucks they are so big, I don't know if they would would fit anywhere.

#17 ·
#20 ·
Excited to hear this thing in person :D

#27 ·
Probably. I'll be enduring the pain as well, since it's going on my car.

Though, he did say that once he makes it to the warehouse, hell take some pics and send them to me. He did mention that the warehouse is like 2-3 hours away from him though. haha

#31 ·
So much for overnighting parts frum Jah-Pan :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.