LS1GTO Forums banner

Brevard GTO's: Epic Fail...

252K views 8K replies 66 participants last post by  KLR GOAT 
#1 ·
...now with more Andrew:nonono:

If any local Brevard (or surrounding area's) want to join us in weekley GTG's post up. We meet in the parking lot of Steak 'N Shake Friday nights around 9:30-10:00 pm. It is a good time to hang out, BS, and make fun of the ricers.

Call me if you are interested: 321-536-5952

See less See more
#7,038 ·
I'm good with it. It would be good if we could all rally somewhere and cruise there as a group. It would make for a more thunderous entrance. :hbang:

Russ...I could pick you up and you could ride with me if you want...your house would make a good rally point.

#7,042 ·
Dang it... I'd go except I'm already obligated to meet friends in Orlando this evening at 7. Maybe I can make it for a little bit at the start of the meet.

#7,044 ·
Just FYI, here's a few GM-related Space Coast gatherings poached from another thread:

There is a big car show every 3rd Thursday of the month in Palm Bay, start around 5pm. But if you want have your car in the show, try to get there around 4-4:30. It's East of I95 on Palm Bay Rd, in the Five Guys burger parking lots. Usually has over 100 cars. And Space Coast Muscle usually meet up at Swaggers on Wickham rd across from Harbor Freight / Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, every Friday afternoon around 5pm. Space Coast Camaros meet up at Buffalo Wild Wings in Palm Bay every 4th Tuesday of the month, around 6pm.
As long as the meet's not on a Wednesday I'm good for the time being. I know Beef O' Bradys is generally friendly towards car groups, how about the one on North Courtenay? They've got a pretty large parking lot...

#7,045 ·
opinions welcomed. i picked up a set of used '06 tails from Craigslist-Tampa (thanks, Bubba) the other night. i'm not completely sold on them yet, but i figured that i'd solicit inputs from our group.

-or-

either way, it was $40 well spent. i would sill prefer a set of VX tails though.

#7,046 ·
$40? Jesus. That's less than the $50 I spent on 05 tails to use as parts to rebuild my 06 tails! Bastard.
I think QSM's require VX tails personally. Kind of up in the air between the 05 and 06's on it though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7,047 ·
Me thinks VX > 06s > 05s...and all GTOs should have come with VX tails...and a forged motor with twins...and a fully adjustable suspension...and minitubs...and...

#7,048 ·
#7,051 ·
Git back in the kitchen and make me a sammich biotch... :bootyshak

#7,052 ·
Let us know how it goes...

#7,055 ·
It will be cool through March.

#7,056 ·
Broken Yella Terra. That's all I know for sure. Hopefully that's it.

Bought them 4/14/2009 ... right when Yella Terra shipped a bunch of defects. Didn't ship mine until 6/18/2009 so I thought I got the next good batch shipped to the states but maybe not. Seeing if they will replace them since I only have around 8K on them.

#7,057 ·
Hopefully thats all thats wrong. Have you considered going back to the trusty stockers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7,058 ·
#7,059 ·
hmmm...who all is interested? :cartman:

#7,061 ·
Be sure to count my vote twice.

#7,062 ·
The Superbowl party is on...I will send details via text later today or tomorrow.

#7,064 ·
Picking the car up tomorrow. Besides the rocker arm that broke, a couple more were cracked. Also a couple of push rods got bent. NLP replaced the push rods with ones that have a thicker wall and also reseated the springs with one less shim. That's about all the details I have right now.

On the flip side I ordered a Auto Meter digital oil temperature gauge and a Maverick Man cluster gauge pod day since the 04 Aeroforce gauges don't have oil temperature. I need this to know if I should add an oil cooler. I'll probably also order Oil Cooler Adapter for LS1, LS2 GTO / Commodore / Monaro from Improved Racing in Orlando and use the oil temp port on it. Then I'll be able to add the cooler at a later date if I need it.

#7,065 ·
You can buy an oil filter sandwich adapter that has two ports on it for about $15...you could run the gauge off of one port and the cooler off the other. I use one for my oil pressure gauge.

#7,066 ·
Got to Orlando just after 4 .. it was 60 degrees. Freaking sheriff was sitting in the driveway so I couldn't pull the trailer in by NLP. At least there was a shopping complex around the corner. ...so I walked to get the car in the rain.
paid for it, loaded it and the temperature is now down to 45 degrees and I'm soaked.

Drive back and get home around 7 and had to unload in a monsoon in the pitch dark. Had to get my shop light out to light up the driveway enough so I could see the entry to my gate.

On the bright side ... the car seems to be running well. Plans are to run it at a private rental at Bradenton on Feb 15 and up at South GA Motorsports park on March 29th. Probably try out test a tune at Orlando Speed World a few time in the next 2 months too. ... and takers?

#7,068 ·
Wayne, never heard back from you. Anything you want my brother and I to bring?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.