LS1GTO Forums banner

Spontaneous Event Thread

68K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  rsbad454 
#1 ·
Have you ever thought, “Wonder what’s going on today/tonight, this weekend?”
• Or “I feel like a drive today, wonder if anybody’s got something set up that I can tag along?”
• Or “I’m going for a drive, wonder if anybody wants to go?”
• Or “Got my new Coil overs in today, Ricky Bobby is coming over to help, got NASCAR on the Flat screen in the garage, beverages on ice, anybody is welcome to come over to help or hang. Come on over”

That’s what this Thread is intended to capture. A Quick list of Quick GTG’s and/or Drives put together with little to no plans. I’ve been thinking about this kind of thread for years and always wanted to do one. Talking with a Mopar buddy recently, he let me know his forum has something similar. So I set out on some research and found similar ideas successful in a quite a few different forums.

Anybody anywhere is welcome to use this thread. Its intent is plain and simple…a quick reference for folks that want to do something in a short amount of time. Also, I encourage all of you to post up when you are going to one of these events. That way folks know you’re on your way.

Make sure you clarify your Geography as our Region spread is vast

Bigger Organized Events should be managed no differently than they already are. Love these Events, Encourage supporting these Events, I respect their Organizations/Individuals and look forward to attending as many of these as possible as all should.

Again, just post up in this continuous thread if you want to invite others to short-notice events. And if you're looking for something to do, just check it if it's bold (that means it's got an update) and see if the event is something you want to do. It's that simple. Hope it works :)

See less See more
#1,323 ·
In for cars and coffee!

#1,324 ·
Posted in the spotted thread by accident lol cars and coffee Starbucks in Modesto on briggsmore and presscott at 9am rain or shine

#1,325 ·
Most likely rain, probably not going to be a good turnout john but I'm glad to see something is going on. I was beginning to feel like stevie wonder cause I don't see shit happening around here. LOL! I have never seen the or/wa folks outpost us. Not that its a bad thing its just crazy dead lately.:(

#1,326 ·
Yup lol I thought it wasn't going to happen but my buddy text me on Friday saying rain or shine we're heading there

#1,327 ·
Well they do a cars and coffee meet every 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month and usually do a cruise and lunch weather permitting. It's right in my neighborhood so obviously I'll be going almost all the time lol hopefully I'll see some of you guys out there :) btw I was talking with my buddy and they would like to get a T-Hill event going soon, could be fun :)

#1,333 ·
I was wondering when I'd get to see that thing of beauty!! I'll be sure to post up the next gtg, I might just make it's own on going thread since they are spontaneous lol

#1,335 ·
Thank you for all the info and I'll pass it along! I'm located in Modesto

#1,337 ·
WOW that's lots of $$$$$ I bet for that much we might be able to rent out sac raceway for the day heck maybe even the whole weekend and even purchase trophies to pass out for fastest lap of the day

#1,341 ·
well I would be willing to pay $500 to $600 for a track day and if we could get enough heads to do this I would be all over it ...always wanted to take the a/4 around a course

#1,344 · (Edited)
Not to be a buzzkill, but we'd need 15-20 people at $500 each (rain-or-shine, paid in advance, no refunds) to come anywhere close to thinking about a private rental. Given the last year we only had 5 cars show-up at Sonoma for the track day, at a fraction of that price, I don't know if we'd be able to pull the numbers.

Personally, I'd not want to spend $500 for a private rental when I could spend $200 less for a Hooked on Driving event... which includes instruction for new drivers.

-Todd...

#1,349 ·
Is there racing today?

#1,348 ·
yup and I cant wait for the chilly chees fries

#1,351 ·
You've always raved about this being your favorite meal though... :wall:

Attachments

#1,355 ·
That's funny chris we were talking about that when we ordering our chilli cheese fries tonight. That chicks boobs were hanging out so much we almost didn't respond when she asked what we wanted! LOL!

CCF were very good tonight she hooked us up with extra chilli and cheese.

#1,363 · (Edited)
good times last night guys......chilly cheese fries where the bomb like always
and mike decided to give our chilly chees fries a twist this time , we call it chilly chees fries slash corn dog :)
we took the m6 last night and let my buddy Tim drive it the whole night it was a blast just watching it go down the track .....but still not sure why you would not cruise it down the track Mike :dunno:..that's why we took it so we can all have fun messing around in it .....for anyone interested we are gong back next wed again . the weather was great last night i'm hoping we have the same weather next wed

#1,365 ·
I knew you would have something with a wiener in it ... haha

So what's this I hear Mike had the opportunity to take an 11.7 car down the track and didn't ? :damnyou: You don't get that chance everyday, but I'm sure Ray will extend that out to you again sometime... You can handle it Mike, I got faith in you ! =) I wish that damn track was closer so I could get in on this fun, what E.T. did Tim end up running in it ?

This post has been deleted
#1,372 ·
Hmm on another note anyone have some time to help me install a coolant overflow tank before I get my cart tuned this Monday I have all the materials needed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.