LS1GTO Forums banner

ATLANTA: The end of an era

116K views 3K replies 67 participants last post by  spd98 
#1 ·
It's official...my GTO has sold to a proud new owner in Covington, GA.
Haven,t decided the fate of poiple yet but it too may be leaving soon :(

#2 ·
Sorry to hear. In on 1.

#10 ·
It did seem like the boot had shrunk but no, he is considering buying the shifter from me now and is supposed to let me know. After driving the car he noticed the sloppiness of the factory shifter as compared to his 1979 Trans Am.

I'll let you know if he doesn't get back to me shortly. $300 on the shifter but labor is cheap

#9 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Congrats on the sale, the memories will live on. Every time you start missing the GTO you can take that awesome Vette for a cruise.

#8 ·
Good deal man! I know you're relieved it's a done deal and although you will probably miss it from time to time, it was probably time to move on.

#13 · (Edited)
Completely stock except for pedders bushings, pedders shocks struts and springs, $18k

The car was immaculate. Walking away from it last night I felt really bad as it seriously still looked brand new. I handed the new owner the window sticker, original GTO specific sales brochure, Clear vinyl Pontiac folder from Pontiac that they sent to me for storing receipts and what not....the whole "shebang", even the car cover that Sarge had graciously passed onto me as he wanted it.

#12 ·
One member sells his Goat and it's the end of an era????? WTF????? The last time I checked the solar system revolved around the sun. Not you pompus Vette owners. Damn Vette people. Think they are all that. End of an era my ass....:)

OK who still has a GTO?

#14 ·
If I remember correctly I was the longest standing GTO owner going back to my original 2004 bought in September 2004.

Oh and you think Vette owners are bad, check out the red Vette owners that try to be even flashier. You've really gotta watch out for them.:ninja:

#19 ·
I still have mine!

#20 ·
Next up is a 1998 New Holland LX665 turbo skid-steer with foam filled tires at 15% tread. Unit has about 1800 hours on it and is in very good condition. It has a smooth ~66" bucket and a toothed ~72" bucket. It does have auxilary hydraulic connection points for powered attachments.

Along with that is a 14k tandem axle dovetail 7'x20' utility trailer with flip up spring assisted extra heavy duty ramps. This trailer is a 2008 or 2009 and is an absolute BEAST. You can haul anything on this trailer and it doesn't even flinch. It currently has a 9000 lb WARN winch mounted with a Optima backup battery and pigtail to run to the truck for even more power. This is about the largest bumper pull trailer you can buy but is the easiest pulling trailer I have ever pulled.

If you are interested in either one or both please come see me or give me a call.

#582 ·
so what are you going to tow with then ? some other smurfer has your other car trailer

#26 ·
OK. Sounds like you need to pick up a lottery ticket on the way home. Your luck karma is up right now.

#42 ·
Yeah, I need some room for some different fun stuff for me! The GTO is fun, but just getting bored with it.

Probably spring for the V sooner than later, although it won't be the coupe.

#34 ·
On second thought are you actually Savannah era now?

Actually JK folks. The GTO's are what brought us together in the first place.
It is sad to see some of the nicer ones with reputation going by the wayside.
I was just a 2 year flash in the pan with my GTO.

#38 ·
Someone find the Mountain Goat fest pic and start Xing the former owners.

#49 ·
I too think that the coupe looks weird...like a fatass bent over.

The sedan is very nice and definitely what I would have bought if I couldn't have gotten the G8 GXP. I'd still consider one actually.

#54 ·
Friggin idiot politicians. The stock market is getting ready to tank again because they can't do the right thing and cut spending. Time to go conservative on retirement investments again.

#59 ·
I've had my Goat since June 2005, don't know where that puts me on the seniority list. Doesn't matter, I have enough senior moments to qualify for some other kind of seniorty list. Yesterday I spent 25 minutes turning the house upside down looking for my wallet, cussing and swearing non stop. I found it in the side pocket of the shorts I had on. Sucks getting old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.