LS1GTO Forums banner

2013 Official Central FL Thread

43K views 328 replies 34 participants last post by  Six-ohgto 
#1 ·
Happy New Year all!

Well, it has been a while since we have had some camaraderie in Central FL. I hope to help out with that this year. Whoever you are in Central FL, post up whatevers in this thread and lets see if we can get back what we had a few years ago. Anyone along the I-4 corridor, welcome to join in.

I am planning on going to a couple of events already this year. As I understand Dead Hookers down in BMP got rained out and is rescheduled for 1/5/2013. I plan on going down and spectating. I know I wont be driving my GTO, but will be going down to check it out non the less.

Phil'sC5vette said:
BRADENTON MOTORSPORTS PARK
Saturday January 5th

Event Time: Gates open: 12pm
Track (racing surface) open: 1pm.
Track closed (racing surface): 6pm.
Facility Secured: 6:30pm.
I am also thinking about going to the WTW show in Mount Dora. It has been a couple of years since I went to the WTW show, but if I do, I will be entering my car.

GO

P.S. I don't like O-Town as a name and we no longer have O-Anything in Orlando

#32 ·
CGM is for girls.. :wall:

Haha nice meeting you today. I ended up putting down my sig numbers again plus/minus a couple both runs.

#38 ·
I have no idea. I can keep you updated through this thread, though.

I could have had the highest numbers, but it was a g8 event, so I did not want to spoil there fun.
It was open to all Pontiacs; you should have made a run dude. The guy with the procharged GT could have used a humbling.

#39 ·
Damn, right down the street from my house and I have to be in Texas.

#42 · (Edited)
Doing pretty well. Baby was born in July, things have been pretty crazy since then. Trish and I and the baby are out here in San Antonio untill mid April. Came out here the begining of Jan. Working out here makes it so she does not have to work and can stay home with little Evvy. Miss being home but gotta do whats right for the family right now.

#46 ·
Doing pretty well. Baby was born in July, things have been pretty crazy since then. Trish and I and the baby are out here in San Antonio untill mid April. Came out here the begining of Jan. Working out here makes it so she does not have to work and can stay home with little Evvy. Miss being home but gotta do whats right for the family right now.
Amen to that. Glad things are good. Post up when you get home, maybe we can put together a meet or something.

if you guys are doing something near Orlando anytime pm me on here or have cjack text me and I will come out. Looking for a reason for my gto to move haha
Another guy I haven't seen in awhile. How are ya Marc?

That is a very nice looking CGM. Did you find out who owns it?

Good to see some of the old guys posting in here.

LOL at the Admin picking this thread to test post in...
I was thinking I took too much brightness out of this photo and made it look BBM, no?

#45 ·
The CGM was me. It's nice to see this thread picking up some more locals. I've only been in the area for a couple years so I wasn't around for the "good old days" here (other goats don't exist in Pensacola..), but I know cjack pretty well and know about six other goats in the area I could bring to a meet.

#47 ·
I will do that. I should be home for a few days in mid Feb. and then home for good in mid April.

#48 ·
Six-ohgto said:
The CGM was me. It's nice to see this thread picking up some more locals. I've only been in the area for a couple years so I wasn't around for the "good old days" here (other goats don't exist in Pensacola..), but I know cjack pretty well and know about six other goats in the area I could bring to a meet.
Well, that makes sense then. Since I have not met you, I didn't know what car you have. Do you have a SAP rear bumper also?

Ehhh, don't even worry about anyone saying the good old days. When I came along in 2008, everything was pretty slow by then. All the guys back then used to talk about when Louie was here in Orlando and the old Chris with his old Pulse Red etc etc. Heck, even Forest used to come out for meets back then.

TypeOScorpio said:
I was thinking I took too much brightness out of this photo and made it look BBM, no?
At first glance it does look BBM, but I know that CGM will change color based on light conditions.

#49 ·
Well, that makes sense then. Since I have not met you, I didn't know what car you have. Do you have a SAP rear bumper also?

Ehhh, don't even worry about anyone saying the good old days. When I came along in 2008, everything was pretty slow by then. All the guys back then used to talk about when Louie was here in Orlando and the old Chris with his old Pulse Red etc etc. Heck, even Forest used to come out for meets back then.

At first glance it does look BBM, but I know that CGM will change color based on light conditions.
I still have the factory rear bumper. The grilles and fascia are all I have. I'm not a huge fan of the SAP rear.. with a lip spoiler it doesn't look bad though.

I've seen a pulse red around Oviedo a few times, and I've seen another on Orlando Craigs with a rebuild title. Could either of those be the car you're talking about? There are also two BBMs in the Winter Springs/Oviedo area that I've seen.

#56 ·
Chirpin3rd said:
Theres a meet this Monday 01/28/13 behind Buffalo Wild Wings in Clermont, all cars welcome.
Saw this posted on another forum, but I am working in Myrtle Beach this week. Also, it is a long way from me and would only take my daily out there.

#65 ·
I'll be keeping my eye on this thread as I'll be looking for like-minded people to hang out with from time to time. I fear that my internship (three months) won't be long enough to see/do all of the things I'd like to do down there. If all goes well my internship will turn into a full-time job.

#69 · (Edited)
.....I keep forgetting about the multi quote button.

Anyway.....

February 9th there's a Pontiac only car show at Mt. Dora that I think a few of us plan on going to. I'm still not sure if I'm entering my car (probably not) but, I'm certainly going out to take pictures. It's a nice event with a lot of good folks. If you're interested, I'm sure someone could swing through Maitland so you can follow along.

I assume you're bringing your GTO, no?

#81 ·
I finally got a new hard drive running in the laptop.. looks like I missed a lot.

The Hooters and Hot Rods at Waterford meet and the Rachel's show both had awesome turnouts this weekend. I didn't see any other goats for once, though.

Yes, I'm driving the GTO down and bringing my camera. :)
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the goat!

Before Feb. 1st (Pre-registration): $20 per car

Day of show: $25

Application:
http://www.orlandowtw.com/2013ShowApplication.pdf
This is correct. I'll be at the show as well but probably not entering the car as I may be helping the judges out.

#66 ·
There are a lot if sketchy extended stay hotels. Make sure you check it out before you commit to it. I went for a ride along, and 1/2 of the calls were at some. One lady called and said there was a gator in her room, when we got there she refused to leave her bathroom for almost 30 mins. When she came out it turned into a large lizard, and after a search no animal was found in her room. That sane day they also attempted to serve a warrent at the same place.

#72 ·
TypeOScorpio said:
Are you going to be in town for the WTW show?
Yes, still plan on going to the WTW show. I started working on another project so I won't have everything completed on my GTO, but a lot more has been done since anyone has seen it last. I have not registered, but I would assume I can do it there.

I usually travel back and forth on Mondays and Fridays as long as I am not going out of the country or it is a long or expensive trip.

#87 ·
I'll be bringing the goat regardless, don't worry lol.

I passed by the Hooters there a few times running around there picking up parts and things. I did not know what was going on, but could see they had something set up outside. I have been driving the old mans 95 LT1 Trans Am while working on my little car.

This is how it used to look before he added a lot of tacky blue vinyl and Corvette wheels.
Love the solid white over tan.. a shame he had to sticker it up.

#86 ·
Six-ohgto said:
The Hooters and Hot Rods at Waterford meet and the Rachel's show both had awesome turnouts this weekend. I didn't see any other goats for once, though.
I passed by the Hooters there a few times running around there picking up parts and things. I did not know what was going on, but could see they had something set up outside. I have been driving the old mans 95 LT1 Trans Am while working on my little car.

This is how it used to look before he added a lot of tacky blue vinyl and Corvette wheels.

My little car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.