LS1GTO Forums banner

Beware: 151 Motorsports in Annapolis Maryland

4K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Fast GTO 
#1 ·
Had them do a full stereo install, sound deaden and HID install.

The Good:
JL Cleansweep installed no problem
Amp installed no problem
Driver HID installed no problem

The Bad:

Windows were tinted satisfactorily, their tinter has a big opinion of himself but managed to do light scratching to both of my rear fenders. They fixed it but not before the tinter gave me this horrible stink eye as if it was somehow my fault. Still have some bubbling 3 weeks later that I am giving more time to go away.

Passenger HID now has condensation in the morning, took it back for fix and it still fills up with condensation.

Scratched up my GXP wheel. They did offer to fix but it was too expensive to fix so they discounted some work. I agreed to this.

Sound deadening to front doors was amateurish at best also cut away the plastic water shield on stock doors for no reason.

Sub box wasn't carpeted, they just laid some carpeting over it to hide it.

Drive front door speaker starting cutting out after sound deadening. They wouldn't answer my calls so I fixed it myself (this would be 3rd time going back to them).

THE WORST part which I found today by removing the rear doors was that they didn't even screw in the rear door speakers all the way. Instead of making a wood baffle to fit them properly they used long screws to just hold the speakers in place, just barely in place. There is a big gap all around because they didn't want to take the time to make a baffle.

I'm disgusted. Apparently you can't pay anyone to do good work anymore.

There are also other minor issues with them not checking their work and me finding it before I left their shop on a few occasions which they fixed before I left.

Would not recommend.

Picture of rear speakers so no one can claim BS. Posting this because I've tried to call for three days now with no answers. Never had a problem getting a hold of them before. Also stopped answering my emails.

Amazing front sound deadening job:

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#29 ·
It all could have been avoided if Alan there just took the time to inspect the work on your vehicle him self and get it done right, in addition to getting your paint fixed. I'd be back at the store front demanding not only a refund but repairs. not to be done by them, but the body shop of your choice and they pick up the bill.

#31 ·
I called them again today with no luck and emailed them with no response. I'm not making this shit up as you can see by the pictures.

My tint is also still bubbled and has other minor issues. This isn't some piece of shit civic.

Only 1600 GXP's made might even make it an exotic! :)

#32 ·
Yeah, Well i noticed my status update showed up on his page. So if you put it on your Facebook, whoever wants to participate it shows up on their page as well. even if he does keep deleting the post on his page doesn't look like he can clean up the "recent post about" section.

#34 ·
Look, I don't want to cross the line into defamation but I feel I should be able to post my experience to warn others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.