LS1GTO Forums banner

Official 'Tennessee Members' Thread

483K views 13K replies 275 participants last post by  tom's2005gto 
#1 ·
:D Why not make our very own thread?

So how many GTO's do we have in good ol' Tennessee? I know I've seen more than a few of you around the forum, although I don't see too many other goats out on the road. The only two people I know personally are James (JAMESZ) and Josh (josh99ta).

I go back and forth from one end of the state to the other...Knoxville (school @ UT) and Germantown (home).

#2 ·
I live in Hendersonville Tn only about 5 minutes from Josh99ta. Never met him but have pm him. Work in Nashville TN

#4 ·
Josh's car is definitely worth seeing in person...it's as good as it looks in the pictures. And speaking of looking good, I love the 05/06 makeover you've done to your Barbados...such a great color.

#8 ·
I'm around the Berry Hill / 100 Oaks Mall area:D

#10 ·
Man yall are trying to get away from all of us good ol boys from alabama already.

#16 ·
Sorry...I've been busy the last few days and didn't keep this thread up top.

Awe, come on...I just got back in town tonight, and I'm happy to be back. I love Memphis...then again, I typically see Memphis through a Germantown and Collierville filter. :D

#21 ·
Hey, I know you...remember you looked into buying my silver GTO? ;) If you ever need help let me know.

Mike (hollywood) did his, and said he would never do another. PS lines on the rack were a cast iron B to put back on.

His also rub a bit. But you will have to ask him for the details.

I never had to remove PS lines on my car, but of course, I did have version 1 Pacesetters, and did the complete install in 3 hours..haha

#24 ·
header install

Hey matt ... of course I remember you ... you sold that beautiful GTO that I wanted :p Just messing with ya. What are you driving now? I eventually got mine over in Arkansas south of little rock. I will be installing a set of Jet Hot coated pacesetters sometime towards mid january, after I install my Magnaflow catback over christmas(if they come in).

I think I am gonna need all the help I can get ... I can provide the beer if we want to have a little header install get together. :secret:

I keep seeing a blueish grey GTO on my way to work on Highway 64 some days. Dont know which one of you it is but whoever you are ... nice car.

#25 ·
Olive Branch here........

I no longer have a GTO (ls1camtech bought mine) but I love em, and love F bodies.

I also love mustangs which is what I currently have

:eek:

#28 ·
I'm glad that people from the western end of the state have finally started chiming in. I thought this might turn into a middle Tennessee get together. :D Now I just need to find some East Tennessee people, as that's where I'll be heading back to in a few weeks.

I also know of a torried red one in my neighborhood that has HID headlights...I've seen it several times since I've been home and have yet to flag him down. :secret: And I saw a blue 04 today, parked outside some industrial complex building off of I-40...kind of close to the Whitten Rd. exit.

#29 · (Edited)
btw ENZO, I took my car into Sunrise this morning, and they're replacing the struts no-questions asked. They also ordered a new steering wheel for me. The service manager, Truit, was a great help and everybody there was very friendly and helpful. I know you were asking about a dealership to take your car to. Of course, there's also the Sunrise out in Collierville which I forgot all about...they're actually going to get one of the struts from them, as Covington Pike only had the left one. Either way, it would appear that they're a very nice network of dealerships for the time being. I've yet to go by Bud Davis Cadillac and ask if they'll do warranty work on a GTO.

#30 ·
LaVergne (Nashville) here.

#31 ·
Beer party / Header install wont be till mid January ... havent even ordered them yet and probably wont till first of january or mid january ... too damn cold to do much ... except EAT!!!

Speaking of which we should all meet up and eat. Break the ice.

#37 ·
Yes, I still live over there... My car is white with an unpainted cowl hood.. I haven't driven it much. I've had it for over 2 months and just got the title Tuesday..haha so I couldn't get tags for it. The girl paid off the car, and then the bank lost the title, and then she had to file for a replacement title..bunch of BS.

Oh, and his car is actually an 80. ;)

Whenever you guys want to have a get-together, I'm always free.

#35 · (Edited)
Matt,

Nice ... I have never run at the track ... EVER!!! I need to get out there and make an idiot out of myself sometime soon. Sounds like that Z is running pretty good.

FlyinRazorBack,

Southhaven counts as TN ... youre part of the Memphis crowd.

#40 ·
right outside knox here

#41 · (Edited)
Well me and my roommate (JAMESZ) are coming back around the 5th, so if you ever wanna meet up or need a couple of extra sets of hands for working on the car, shoot us a pm. We should definitely get together for a drive or for some pictures.