LS1GTO Forums banner

OK Goat Herd forum?

48K views 968 replies 45 participants last post by  W-T GTO 
#1 ·
The last coouple days i've tried going to the page and I get an Internal Error page. Anyone else having issues?

Thanks...

#788 ·
Correct Jarrod has the TT viper and other cars, and they meet at thunder roads but not sure if they started having meets again yet or not. Just go to 1%.net and join and they post up that info. All of the guys I have meet from 1% have been pretty cool guys.

#789 ·
Anyone know a good place to do a motor swap. My new house will not be finished for 4 months so I don't have a indoor garage in the city that I can use and don't want to tow the syclone all the way back to my house in dallas just to swap the motor out.

Herd about the shade tree place and maybe tinker's auto hobby shop but not sure. Just rebuilding another syclone finishing up the motor now at my house. Installed coil over setup on the front of the truck and then will be doing a 4-link coilover in the back. So far I have dropped about 200 lbs off the truck.

#792 ·
Friend of mine here at work has an 04 Ford 150. Oil pressure droped, and dealership said it lef thte Cam Phaser inoperable and now wants to sell him a new engine. I have no knowledge of repair/reasoning on this one and he was wanting to see if anyone would know/be willing to jump in and fix it. For you mechanics there, it might be some easy money. PM me and let me know. He lives around NW 122nd and County Line.

#794 ·
From what I have seen this is a prob with many of the 04-05 triton 5.4 motors. Alot of guys complain about it and they start hearing a ticking noise which makes the truck sound like a deisel truck. Some say just keep driving it while others say you should fix it. It all comes down to the owner. It has caused owners to loose a motor before but others have 150k+ and the truck runs fine. They either get new motors which then have the same prob or they switch cams and go to a updated version. To each his own. There are a thousand threads on f150 forums about this problem-- google lol.

#795 ·
05/06 TR on 12th in Norman, car looked amazing man. Would have run over to chat but I had to fix a radiator leak and get to work. Don't judge my car's appearance, made the mistake of driving through the construction on Boyd last night...bad choice haha

#800 ·
Hmmmm, okgoatherd piggy backing on ls2gto.com to get around domain fees? I like it.
F

#801 ·
No....we cant seem to wrestle our DN away from the guy who was managing the site, broke it, and now wont be man enough to let anyone help or take it over. Pretty sad situation we are in.

#802 ·
Saw a black GTO with primered aftermarket hood on May around 50th a bit ago. Then a beautiful Grand National on expressway an MacArthur just after that.

Any of you other gun enthusiast been watching how crazy the AR an AK market has been? And high cap mags are going for 5 times the average, and ammo sold out everywhere.

#805 ·
Because of morons that think that there's going to be a play to take their guns based on NOTHING but scareball tactics from the NRA and gun manufacturers...So they buy everything in sight.

imma clean up when the next Republican takes office and AR's cost $8 and a candy bar.

#806 ·
I don't know man. Dead children tend to sway public opinion. The latest poll I heard said 49% of the US populace support a ban (undefined) on ARs, while only 40% of the populace say it is not warranted.

This current admin will strike fast and strike hard while this is super fresh on everyone's mind.

A full on ban of ARs is pretty possible this time IMO.

#810 ·
Yeah. In a week it will be back up around 80 percent of folks being just fine with everybody having guns.

Gun control legislation gets passed, democrats don't get elected for 20 years. They know this. And its reason # 258 why Obama hasn't touched guns (except to expand gun rights) since he was elected...as the leader if his party, he can't sabotage their chances of reelection after he's gone.

#812 ·
Any gto guys have a engine hoist that I can use. Gonna be swapping in the new motor for the wifes syclone and I don't want to buy a hoist cause I wont have any place to keep it long term untill my house is finished. Anyone that wants to help is welcome to all the free gto parts I still have and any more that I find. ie stock gears, headlight, carpet for the trunk, not sure what else but thats what I can think of.

If not then I guess I will have to buy a hoist and keep it in my back room lol.

#816 ·
I've got one at my old house in the city, along with all the rest of my tools til I get my shop put up out here. When would you need it? It's like an hour round trip for me to get there and back so would probably have to be when I was already in the city for something. Or I may be able to help for a few hours one day...

#815 ·
I know the feeling. All my other tools are in dallas. But the said truck is here in okc lol. Just can't wait to finish up this build and get my truck over to the paint booth.

#814 ·
Before I go posting all pics and crap up about my RK sport hood being FS does anyone want to buy it? It's fiberglass and it's QSM

I would rather not ship it. I have a spoiler FS as wellQSM. and OEM headlights

#831 ·
yes that one. Probably 300-350 or so. Atleast something around there. Want some new goodies.

100-150 for the headlights. They have DDM Tuning HIDs that come with them.

All stuff is OBO. I'll take any reasonable offer. Trades are welcome if it's right

#818 ·
Merry Christmas jackholes!

Guess Dwight was a bad boy this year since Santa didn't deliver okgoatherd.com.

All I got was Benjamins for Christmas. Who wants to help me spend them? :turbonaug

1) Was gonna buy an AR15... guess that's a no-go now.
2) Maybe a set of staggered 18" or 19" VMR 710's in black for the car?
3) Moar stuff for Steve the Truck? Maybe a lightbar and more lights, rock sliders, DD headunit, etc...?
4) Mini-tub on the car?
5) :dunno:

#819 ·
I wish i could have gotten something back up and running. Wifey surprised me with floor coating kits w/flakes. Also some pontiac signs and a metal G T O sign.

#823 ·
Yeah, they say 60-80* so it will be spring i am sure. But i am gonna try the catback again on Saturday. Got a couple 4x4 to sit yhe jack on that should lift it up enough. This is why i needs supervision... :)

#824 ·
lol...Don't put the jack on teh 4x4, put a 6" section of the 4x4 on top of the jack...between that and your car's lifting point.

And that sign is badass!

#827 ·
Merry Christmas OK Herd!

...so, how's the snow/city like this evening? Is it a mess.

I'm down at my mothers in San Angelo TX today. I'll be heading to the GF's house in Wichita Falls, North TX tomorrow. May or may not come back to OKC Thrusday morning. Might just "tele-commute" Thurs & Friday ;)

#834 ·
Kits already installed. Can be removed. and its the 8k set. Not super blue but tint nonetheless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.