LS1GTO Forums banner

Moving to Michigan

3K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  evltwins 
#1 ·
Hey guys, well im packing up my shit and moving out to Michigan at the end of March. I was going to sell my goat before moving out there but decided against it. I will be moving to Novi. Are there any groups that meet up out there? I try to stay decently active here with AZDG in Arizona and I would love to do the same out there.

I would be looking forward to some amazing cruises when there is no snow :)

#2 ·
nope...no get-togethers or cruises (cept Woodward) here....crappy weather too....but at least we have water.... :)

#4 ·
Lived in the UP for awhile and loved it. Would go back there in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
There's a few of us that get together every now and again. Aside from the Dream Cruise which is something of a Mecca for cruisers, we have another over here on the other side of state called the Metro Cruise which is nearly as big.

There are a couple of us that will cross the state for a get-together. It's always Good to have another proud late-model GTO owner in the area.

#11 ·
Welcome to the Mitten. Your Goat looks great! There are a lot of nice cruises in the summer. The Woodward cruise has turned into over a week long event! We also have a great Dave & Busters meet each year in Utica. The last few years we've had 25-35 Goats show. Search the Great Lakes forum for the previous meets.

#13 ·
Glad to hear it!
Let's see what's up for 2013.............

#14 ·
Yup, There are quite a few local cruises, one Downriver and one on Telegraph. Also the Gratiot cruise.

#15 ·
Fast is FAST here. :)

Woodward is only 30 min or so away from Novi. EVERY nice Friday and Saturday you can see some good races, and a good variety of cars. LOTS of good shows and lots of good meets... just gotta find out where the good ones are.

#18 ·
I know of 3 FI 600+hp GTOs within 15 mile radius.... all 4 of us are hoping to get some good videos this summer :)

#19 ·
Welcome to the area!Yea cruses are about it.Woodward is crazy, but Pretty hard to meet up while cruse is in effect.Downriver an telegraph are much easier to group up @.Then there is steet races in the d every weekend,but ya gotta be hood brah.:secret::ninja:

#23 ·
Fast is FAST here
That's no joke. Its not uncommon to see cars trailiered out to cruise, out here you're a little fish out in lake Erie.

#24 ·
There are a metric shit ton of cruises up here. During the summer there is about one or two a month. It just depends on how far you are willing to drive. And you can go down to Woodward, literally, any weekend and its damn near a cruise. Like Mark said though, Goat specific cruises and meets....umm cricket, cricket. Dave and Busters seems to be the only meet we can manage.

#25 ·
I hear your pain. I'm thinking about putting together a weekly or bi-monthly get together this year. If you can make it great if not maybe next time. Let me see what I can do. :turbonaug

#28 ·
Why would you leave Arizona for Michigan? I work down by Novi (Wixom), always enjoy checking out the cars.
Why not? i am an AZ native and i just wanted to try something different. My company head quarters are located in bloomfield hills. i came out a few times and just loved it out here. Im tired of brown, rock and cactus. i will likely move back in a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.