LS1GTO Forums banner

So I need some help... I failed inspection.

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  wrlowry 
#1 ·
So took the goat through the inspection lane today and failed due to my tail lights being "tinted and not reflective," which is funny because I've never had an issue before. So the question is anyone local willing to let me borrow some lights to get it through inspection? I'm willing to compensate you, case of beer, money, a hand with some work if you need it. Just let me know. Thanks

#2 ·
I can haz no help? :(

#5 ·
If he has 04/05 tails their ugly as fuck and i dont blame him. mine are tinted because I don't have one ounce of red on my vehicle, and red is teh gay. Visibility is not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#6 ·
You can borrow mine. They pass inspection.

#8 ·
I passed last time and the car say the same tinted tails and all no issues. This time I got an old prick trying to find something wrong with it and he hit me with that.

#10 ·
Yeah, when I had my 88 Camaro, the previous owner had put some Mexi-tips on the exhaust. So I cut them off after the rear axle. Well, they said the exhaust needed to come out further, so I went to Pep Boys and got cheap 10" turn-downs and clamped them on.

When I went back, the guy went to hook up the sniffer and said the exhaust was illegal and needed to stick out from the body. Another guy came over, looked at the exhaust and said, "It's fine. Duck down and hook it up, you lazy bastard."

#11 ·
Get some reflective tape at the auto part store,trim your tails with it for the inspection then pull it off after.

#12 ·
tail lights

got a set 2005's less than 500 miles on them... like new 50..00 Newark, de

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.