Still in the dark - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Nitrous Oxide

Old 03-26-2017, 03:17 AM   #1
KM06

Still in the dark

06 M6 LS2 single dry shot NO2
I have Lingenfelter's LCN-2000 to pull timing and their RPM-003 window switch for a single dry shot. I am not sure nor can I find anything to understand how to wire this. I would think this would be a fairly common setup but thus far Lingenfelter has been zero help, I mean no response. Nice, $500 worth of electronics and no support. I've searched until Google only has 1 o left, still nothing. This is a little out of my con tower but how hard can 'connect this to this' be?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
milkey57

2006 GTO Owner

Send the guys at nitrous outlet an email they can get you a diagram. Also have you looked on tech there are about 100 wiring diagrams to look threw.

06 SRM M6... Prc heads, btr cam 227/234, ported fast 102, x-air, kooks 1 7/8, lt-1 clutch, dss 1 piece shaft, peddders stuff and lots of poly underneath.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
JoeMama's GTO
This car goes to 11

2006 GTO Owner

Are there diagrams to show which wires do what coming out of the controllers? If you can post those we can help you. If not you $500 of black boxes that will require some one who knows them to help. How are spraying a dry shot, tuning it in or hoping the MAF will pick it up? How big of a shot?

Old 04-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
KM06

Thank you for the response. The object is to trigger a 125 dry shot through the MAF with the window switch and TPS, timing retard through the LNC-2000. It will be going to a dyno. The retard box is simple, straight forward; activated with the 12v+ output from the window switch as I understand it. What is not so clear is the output from the window switch to the NO2 solenoid. Would that be on the same circuit as the output to the timing box?
The LNC wiring:
Yellow= +12v activation
Green= Ground activation
Orange= +12v Retard activation
Gray= Analog out.
I am assuming this control is getting its tach signal from the injector/ignition harness?
The RPM 003 wiring:
Red= 12v+ power source
Orange= 12v output normally off
Black= Ground
Purple= Analog input signal
Gray= Normally on
Yellow= Normally off
White= Tach input signal
What gets me is that the -2000 has a number of connection diagrams in the literiture but none for their own window switch. The RPM is also kind of vague about the TPS signal.
Thanks.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
JoeMama's GTO
This car goes to 11

2006 GTO Owner

Before you do anything how will that MAF signal be triggered? Will the tune be adjusted such that once the IAT (detected in the MAF) drops below X, Y amount of fuel is added? If you aren't 100% on what you are doing with that aspect I strongly recommend a wet kit. Also, start off with a 50 shot and work your way up from there. Also, are your injectors up to supplying another 125 RWHP? Better make sure.

For the wiring I recommend hooking up the LNC yellow and RPM red to a common switched 12V power source. That way either they are both on or both off. It would be bad to only lose power to the LNC when spraying.

Similarly I would hook the Orange wires together and then to the control side of the solenoid relay such that when the RPM sends a 12V signal to activate the relay it also sends a signal to the LNC to pull timing.

The white tach wire should go to a coil pack plug (forgetting what color wire to tap there... I *think* green) to read coil firing pulses (RPM).

The green LNC and black RPM go to grounds.

I never had luck with using a TPS signal so I use a WOT switch mounted behind the gas pedal which sends a ground to the opposite side of the control relay. That way the relay needs to see 12V from the RPM orange wire meaning you are in the RPM window and a ground from the WOT switch before it passes power to the solenoid.

The gray wire on the LNC can see hooked up to a converter so you can see when you are pulling timing. Not necessary but it might be nice.

No idea what the gray, yellow, and purple RPM wires are for except as auxiliary outputs and an analog in.

Good luck and remember to test each circuit and the whole system before actually spraying the car.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:11 AM   #6
KM06

Thank you so much for the help, it is exactly what I've been looking for.
I will have to consult with my tuner on the MAF signal trigger. The injectors I have upgraded to LS7 42#/hr. Also have to inquire about the TPS issue. I am curious as to why that source hasn't worked for you?
Thanks again, will let you know how it works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: