LS1GTO Forums banner

Just bought a "new" exhaust a couple days ago...

6K views 96 replies 35 participants last post by  EGO KLR 
#1 ·
I've been working with someone to get a special exhaust for my LS1 GTO.

I plan on keeping the original rear bumper so it'll only have that one side dual exhaust, which as most of you know, pretty much limits my choices on exhaust for the 04s.

The hardest part is that I have to wait 3 weeks for it to get built because it's not made anymore and then I have to wait for shipping across the ocean, for it to get to me.

The hardest part is that I don't even know what it sounds like because there are no sound clips of it on the internet... anywhere. In fact, I'm not even sure there are pictures of it. Not to mention, I'll be the only GTO in the US to have this exhaust, according to the manufacturer and owner of the company.

I suppose, once I get it, I'll have to make some videos or something?

#33 ·
I would be interested to know how much this is costing you as well. Besides, I dont think anyone here is going to hold "him" (the secret person making the exhaust) to the price he is giving you, 1. Because you never said directly who he is. and 2. Because there's probably not too many people willing to wait/pay for such item just to come from overseas.

This thread is a wonderful story... with no details.

#36 ·
Personally, I like the 04 rear bumper better than the 05-06. I'd almost be willing to trade my 05-06 for one.

Exhaust should be sweet. Keep us posted.

#42 · (Edited)
Is there a goal to market this in the US for other 04 owners? Or will this be a one time build.

I guess $1300 isn't a bad price assuming that is built and shipped. Since a Corsa/Magnaflow costs $800-$900 and ship within the US.

Only way I would justify that price is if the dual mode feature acts as quiet as stock (tone/drone wise) on highway and opens up to sound like all hell broke loose similar to Corsa at WOT.

I'm toying with the idea of making my own dual mode system. It wouldn't be "new" but it's not something you see on the new GTO's. The "original" GTO's came with a factory installed dual mode system I believe.

Company called Waldron makes replica systems for the old muscle cars.

Muffler in action on a 'Cuda

#43 ·
Is there a goal to market this in the US for other 04 owners? Or will this be a one time build.

I guess $1300 isn't a bad price assuming that is built and shipped. Since a Corsa/Magnaflow costs $800-$900 and ship within the US.

Only way I would justify that price is if the dual mode feature acts as quiet as stock (tone/drone wise) on highway and opens up to sound like all hell broke loose similar to Corsa at WOT.
Right now it'll be one-off, for me. I don't think Wortec has any plans to sell this particular exhaust any time soon since it's kind of "outdated" anyway.

$1300 is what I paid, with a hook-up so if they were to sell it here, I can only imagine it being more than that.

I don't know where people keep getting the dual mode idea? That's not the exhaust I'm getting, unless it magically appears on there without them telling me. It's not the exhaust for the G8/Commodore, it's for an 04/05 LS1 Monaro in the UK.

As for the sound, I don't have any sound clips or anything until I get it and test it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#49 ·
Why post before you got it? Lame. Where the pics he sent if it's getting shipped?

I'm so mad at you. I read five pages on my phone expecting something exciting to show up..

:worthless:

#51 ·
Guess what showed up at the shop where it will be getting installed, this morning?
:D

My exhaust! WOOHOO!!!! Just waiting for my LTs and Mids to get here and I'll have one mean sounding GTO (hopefully). Pics in a little bit...

#54 ·
That's pretty cool looking, bet it will sound rad! Do you prefer the single exit exhaust over cutting the bumper for a split dual?

#60 ·
Do you prefer the single exit exhaust over cutting the bumper for a split dual?
Yes, I do like the stock, single side look.

You sir make me sick
Take some meds? :dunno:

I hope it happens to be a "go" mod as well, and not only for show! Otherwise straight pipes will do the trick! IMHO, of course!
Oh, it is.

How pissed would you be if you drive around and people say "that sounds good, what exhaust is that (insert any mig name exhaust..magnaflow, spintech etc)?"

Get that laid out on the floor and get some pics.

Oh and for the love of god don't bother taking a video with a camera phone or some sh!tty digital point and shoot camera lol.
I'm sure I'll get that all the time. I'll get some pics and video, don't worry.

That looks beast! Can't wait to hear a sound clip of it in action with some longtubes :gears:
Thanks, I'm sure the LTs will help the sound immensely!

#56 ·
I hope it happens to be a "go" mod as well, and not only for show! Otherwise straight pipes will do the trick! IMHO, of course!

#57 ·
How pissed would you be if you drive around and people say "that sounds good, what exhaust is that (insert any mig name exhaust..magnaflow, spintech etc)?"

Get that laid out on the floor and get some pics.

Oh and for the love of god don't bother taking a video with a camera phone or some sh!tty digital point and shoot camera lol.

#63 ·
Fromt he OP in one of his posts:
I don't know where people keep getting the dual mode idea? That's not the exhaust I'm getting, unless it magically appears on there without them telling me. It's not the exhaust for the G8/Commodore, it's for an 04/05 LS1 Monaro in the UK.

AFAIK, this doesn't "switch" between loud and quiet...it's just a regular catback that is supposed to sound different from anything offered here in the US...per the OP.

#71 ·
Seems like you went the long and expensive way for an exhaust. I like it though. Neat setup for an 04. Bringing it back to Murica!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.