LS1GTO Forums banner

Palmer Family Reunion 2014 - Thanks for a great time.

16K views 300 replies 37 participants last post by  Smurf 
#1 · (Edited)
Labor Day Weekend 2014 - 8/30/2014 (rain date 8/31 or 9/1)

One last time! Post up if you are coming. Will use the next three posts for Menus and General Information

List of members:

1. SK & T
2. Jester
3. RacerX1214
4. Elpuerco
5. Mclovin (2)
6. Underoath
7. Speeddemon
8. AutomaticWpn06
9. Midnight
10. Red Bearded Goat
11. TLSAddict
12. BWInc
13. Leavehard
14. camarochevy1970
15. quadman (3)
16. mistermike
17. Andrea
18. psu goat
19. BRG (2)
20. Teh Sables (3)
21. Cal Goat
22. Unclassified (4)
23. Spicedredm606 (2)
24. Pumacat
25. SkiPopeye ?
26. Goatcruiser
27. NasbaGoat
28. BluEys0928 ?
29. ehasley (2)
30. Wang
31. REBInc (2)
32. lilweazel
33. 2006Bluegoat
34. gojiragoat ?

See less See more
#2 ·
A couple of things to go over.

- If you do not have my address, please PM me. I have no problem giving it out, just don't like posting it directly onto the site. Also, if you will be using Google Maps to get here, let me know. It will lead you down a private road that does not have access to my house. This has been a good source of comedy for the past few years, especially when cars with open headers go down the private drive. The old folks love to yell at them.

LOOSE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday
- Late afternoon GTG. I will be cooking the pulled pork on Friday to leave the smoker open for ribs and jerked chicken on Saturday. During this time, we usually have a decent sized group ordering pizza and hanging out. There is talk of a cigar store run for Friday which means we will probably have one or two smokes that evening as well.

Saturday
- Usually starts as early as 9-10a. I'll probably throw the ribs on by then plus the two pots of chili are ready to be eaten. As usual, first come is first served.
- I plan on us eating somewhere around 2, somewhere around 6 and anything else left to cook around 9.
- Cornhole boards will be here, footballs laying around, trampoline if you feel froggy, poker table will be setup downstairs, and tons of places to sit and talk.
- So long as the weather is good, we will launch fireworks around 10p (THANKS ANDY!!).
- BBQ is over once the last person leaves. If that is 1-2a (like last year), then that's when it is.

Sunday
- Loosely planning on doing a tour of some local microbrews here in town. Arsenal, Round About Beer, and food at Church Brew Works.

- Some others have mentioned going to see the Pirates play the Cincinnati Reds (hated rival) at PNC Park.

#3 ·
Current Menu. Please let me know if I'm missing anything from anyone, I'm compiling from about 4 sources. :D

FRIDAY Night GTG - Order out Pizzas for whoever is here. Will be gathering around 5p to start cooking the pork butt whenever Cy gets here.

SATURDAY

Two Pots of Chili - first come, first serve. Will be ready around 9a.

First Meal (appx 1-2p)
Ribs
Azman's Slovenian Garlic Sausage (Mike)
Pulled Pork (Cy)
5lbs Chicken Kabobs (Greg)
Corn on the Cob (Bart)

Second Meal (appx 7p)
20 Jamaican Jerked Chicken Breasts (Simmons)
Lime and Scallion Chicken (BrianRuss)
Burgers
Hot Dogs
Brauts

Assorted Sides Throughout the Day
Cole Slaw (Greg)
Pasta Salad (Simmons)
Taco Salad
Potato Salad (?)
Cheesy Potatoes (1 pan for McLovin alone - lol)
Grilled Stuffed Peppers
Chips and Others (Geoff)
Rolls, Buns and other Bread (Leavey)

Desserts
BALLS, lots of balls!
ShooFly Pie(s) (Spices)
Whoopie Pie(s) (Spices)
Dessert from Greg
Cookies from Jace

#4 ·
I am in, driving who knows what.

#5 ·
Oh I suppose I'll show up again

#15 ·
In

#16 ·
You can count DT in for this one as well...he promises to not get as drunk this time. lol.

#20 · (Edited)
If I didn't leave too bad of a taste in anyone's mouth last year, myself and the wife are in. Sticking around for karting this year as well.

#22 ·
If it's a family thing, and i can bring the woman and two turds. It will be a good excuse to give my woman a "Vacation." Plus I'll get to do some shit I'm interested in. Lol

#23 ·
Yep and yep. Should be a couple of kids running around. Lots of things to do in Pittsburgh that weekend as well.

#24 ·
Need to check with the track on when we can go Karting. Definitely have to do it again this year though.

#25 ·
Sounds good, booked us a room at that hotel you suggested in the other thread Sat night - Mon night. We'll probably make the 4 hour drive Saturday morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.