LS1GTO Forums banner

HOLLEY HI RAM INTAKE MANIFOLD

18K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  JJD49 
#1 ·
About a year or so ago I wanted to install the Edelbrock PRO FLO XT intake manifold on my car but clearance problems put a stop to that. Did not want to replace or modify my factory one. Recently the idea of something else for my car started to enter my mind so I did a little looking around and contacting friends for ideas. My good friend EDGZ06 from Mongillos/Pro Edge Tuning told me about the Hi Ram intake offered by Holley for different versions of the LS motors that can be purchased with or without matching Throttle Bodies.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS ON THEIR RIDES ALREADY ???

I know that this one will most likely also require a hood swap or cutting in to the stock one. Have no idea if there is power to gain from it or maybe even a drop in power. Right now I am seriously thinking about this for right after the new year.

#3 ·
#6 ·
DAMN!

#5 ·
Gforce1320 has one and it definitely will not fit under a stock hood.

#8 ·
Holley is coming out with a newer version that will fit under the stock hood of our GTO's. I saw it at SEMA this year. The bottom of the manifold looks like a two 4 barrel set up with the modular top. I couldn't get any information on this since it was so new. The tech at the booth said to keep checking back with them for more details.

#10 ·
#9 ·
We have one on our shop car. I'm real impressed with it. We had a GM LSxDR intake on it with a carb before this and this intake has been able to get real close to the carb intake as far as 1/4 mile times.
The car went 9.96 @ 137 with the carb and has gone 10.02 @ 135 with the Holley Hi-Ram.
I'm sure with a little fine tuning it could go faster but the tracks around here are closed for the season.

It wont come close to fitting under a stock hood or even a cowl hood.

#14 ·
It wont come close to fitting under a stock hood or even a cowl hood.

Wonder how this would work on a street car. Might make a good addition with my current set up.

#12 ·
I seen a Hi-Rise version on ebay go for $450.00 and read in the comments that the guy bought it for his GTO and it wouldn't fit,lol. Sucks,because if I could get it to cleaer I would have bought it no problem.

#13 ·
Guess I will have to go shopping for a new hood for this intake.

#15 ·
I drive it on the street all the time. 70 miles round trip to and from the local race track to my house. I have yet to trailer it out there this year. I don't daily the car, but I could. I am sure a fast would be better for a daily driver because of the low end characteristics and stock hood clearance.

#16 ·
What's your MPG like ? Granted I know it's a race cara and it doesn't really matter,but,given the situation and setup I am curious.

#26 ·
They still make those ?

#25 ·
THANK YOU. That hood will look great once painted. I have also been thinking about 2004 stock hood without the air intakes and cutting it up and add a different scoup. Guess I will be doing some shopping around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.