LS1GTO Forums banner

Atco: Black Friday (11/23) Test & Tune

4K views 89 replies 12 participants last post by  BLUEBIRD05GTO 
#1 ·
Should be near unlimited runs (if you want 'em). Always a fun and easy day.

Gates open at 9am (shit, you can go buy that TV beforehand at 5am and head over to the track!).

#2 ·
Atco

Were heading down this morning,should be really good,if there are no...ehh Not even gonna say it...lol

Anyone Else heading there?

#5 ·
Should be near unlimited runs (if you want 'em).
Well, not exactly if it's anything like it was last year. :nonono:
I got there for the 2nd half (night session) of it and it was PACKED. All of the lanes were in use and they were all out to almost the gas pumps/speed shop.
Once the day people cleared out it was a little better but it was still a wasted visit for me (although I do spend my Thanksgivings only 10 miles away every year so I was already down there).

#9 ·
I believe that one year it was somewhat empty (and there were two years that it didn't even happen at all due to weather) but last year was VERY busy.
But like Bob said it is still a decent deal because you get to (at least attempt to) run all day for little more than the cost of regular test & tune day.
The only problem with being there with SO MANY other cars is more chance for each car to oil down the track causing long delays adding to the slow pace that you're already dealing with due to the car count in the first place.
Might go to E-town on Sunday, but I'll be sitting this Black Friday thing out.

#7 ·
Option would be street wars on Sunday at Etown - if Atco is that busy.

Steve

#8 ·
Atco Raceway Black Friday

Well Atco is still a great deal. Sunday @ E Town with massive oil downs may be more than I can stand......lol.

#10 ·
Well - the air looks better for Etown sunday and I really want to race for real.

So we are going to Streetwars on sunday at Etown.

Just have to pray to the oil down gods - may be sacrificing a virgin will help - anyone know where we can find on?

Steve

#11 ·
Steve,

I'm thinking about it, the weather looks good..I have so much on my plate..i'm frikken going crazy:turbonaug

#14 ·
E Town Sunday

Ok so your now thinking hard about it......get that silver car out of the garage and get your butt down there....lol.

#15 ·
Good move...see I told you all that these Philpots are much smarter than they look LOL. :D ;)

Ok so your now thinking hard about it......get that silver car out of the garage and get your butt down there....lol.
What time should I be at your home for my very first ride in your new rig? :turbonaug :D

#18 ·
Sunday

Ok John, so if I want to be 10th on line and it takes 38 minutes to travel the distance what time should I leave the compound ? Bob.

#19 ·
Parking back by the top end tower okay with everyone? It will keep us a way from the riff raff.

Stve

#23 ·
Buddy of mine is going to be bringing his El Camino aka "El Meano" to Atco tomorrow as far as I know..He ran an 11.3 @ 120 at Island Dragway with a 1.6 60..Im surprised they didnt kick him without a cage and the track actually hooked

Sent from my Samsung S3 at your girls/wifes house

#25 ·
We will be there bright and early, I assume. Hopefully changing the date on this will keep it a bit more calm then it tends to be.

Bob -- I may be bringing my winter tires to change onto the car after the track. Is it OK to store them in your trailer when you get there?

#27 ·
Bob -- I may be bringing my winter tires to change onto the car after the track. Is it OK to store them in your trailer when you get there?
I don't think that will be a problem at all. :)

Oh, and according to some posts on Atco's Facebook page, people who arrived in the morning got 3 passes all day. People who arrived later got 1 or 2 passes. It was absolutely jammed there.
:iagree: My friend Mike with a supercharged GMC pick up said he'd gotten only one pass in all day. :eek: He did arrive a little late though.

#26 ·
I don't know about Sunday. It's so hard to not watch the games! I'd be on my phone all day. haha

Oh, and according to some posts on Atco's Facebook page, people who arrived in the morning got 3 passes all day. People who arrived later got 1 or 2 passes. It was absolutely jammed there.

#28 · (Edited)
Wow that would really piss me off only getting 1 or 2 passes all day.

The only issue tomorrow seems to be a predicted crosswind of up to 15mph gusts. Other than that DA if the baro stays in the mid 29.7-8 range should be between -700 & -1,300. Nice air!

ee you guys tomorrow.

Steve

#31 ·
The conditions tomorrow should be pretty consistent all day. The best air will be in the morning, though, based on temperature. The barometer should be between 29.85" and 30.00" throughout the day, but it should peak at around 10 AM, then slowly drop from there, though not by much. Humidity won't be a factor at all.

#36 ·
Well the good part of the day was

1) seeing Bob, Marc, Stevie, Dom, Camaro Bob and Jr.

2) Seemed like everyone got out of there undamaged or only with minor issues.

The bad part - where should we start

1) Blown airbag or line (probably a loose line fitting since it held pressure for a few seconds). At least found I had an issue before a run;

2) It was cold;

3) Track prep sucked big time (if there was any) - one hop run & one spin off the line - ugh (not having any air in the bags didn't help);

4) Exhaust kept coming off of rear hanger - creating false knock when she shifted - gotta figure a fix for this;

5) Oil downs - what else is new with streetwars - 3 runs - left at 5:40;

6) 400 cars;

7) Ricers backing into corvettes and racing in the pits;

8) Did I mention it was cold!

New resolution - never going to streetwars ever again - I mean it this time - what a zoo.

Vent is over - time for bed.

Steve

#38 ·
New resolution - never going to streetwars ever again - I mean it this time - what a zoo.
:iagree: Me neither, NEVER again.

But on a MUCH brighter note, Stevie Katz (yes Bruce's son, apparently the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree :D) almost won that entire class (Street Modified) with his very close runner up finish to the ever talented Dana Loffredo (she's been winning almost everything she's entered for like the past year).
She's a tough competitor and Stevie knew this so I CANNOT blame him at all for pushing the tree a little bit (he went red by such a minute amount) against her. It turns out she also spun on that final pass cutting her worse light of the day and had he not gone red he would've certainly taken the win light and the much bigger payout, but he did AMAZINGLY well regardless.
Congrats Stevie. :thumbs:

#39 ·
Wow - that is great news - Congrats Stevie

#44 ·
thanks guys you are good friends! BTW I will be working in so plain,let me know when your at work we can hit the brick house

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.