LS1GTO Forums banner

Friday July 4th HOOTERS Patriotic Cruise Night. (Wethersfield, Ct)

1K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  Black Devil 
#1 ·
That's right it's PATRIOTIC CRUISE NIGHT @ HOOTERS!!

Check out this link for more info....
http://www.ctgtoclub.org/

I first thought, "Who's going to go to a cruise night on the 4th?" Then I thought about it, what's more Patriotic than a good old American Car Show, lol???? And the Surprise part is that Roe wants to go, woohoo!!! She Never wants to do any GTO stuff, but wants to see what all the hoopla goes on there on Friday evenings, hehehe.

So, if you find yourself not doing anything this coming Friday night, then come on down and enjoy the festivities. Oh and don't forget to wear something to support our Country!! This is going to be a Blast!!!!

No excuses guys and gals, just about everyone has the night off. And if you're having a cookout you'll be all done eating by the time the show starts. Contests, special trophies, along with all the regular contests and raffles!!!!!

Hope see ya there!!!

ROK

See less See more
#2 ·
I will be there with a special guest and Im not saying,It's a suprise see you all there.

#3 ·
:wall:

#8 ·
Yeah, I think they just say thunder storms every day to cover their asses incase it does rain. I hate that!!! We're going even if the sky is black with clouds!! (well maybe not, lol) How soon do they post whether or not the car show is going to be canceled on their site? Do they wait until the last possible minute? Like last week, they canceled it, but when was it posted? ART?

I have a feeling this will be a good size meet, so get there early guys!! I'll be there about 4:30-4:45, where do you guys want to be? And if it's right up front it's going to be almost impossible to save spots. I could maybe save the left side of the parking lot, right across from the DJ Booth? I think if we are to get any kind of trophies we should be in the Main lot. A Mustang GT got one last time, they try to give a late model car a trophy every week if they can. I'll do the best I can and if someone gets there before me, please do the same!!

See ya down there!!

ROK

#9 ·
Rok,

It sounds like a good idea to re-locate our spot at the Hoot. I think it all depends on how intense and how large the area of precip the radar is at the time wether they cancel early or late. Last week I checked mid afternoon and it was still on and when I checked later in the day (I dont remember what time) it was cancelled. Ive seen them cancel early afternoon, so its a tough one to figure out. The new Goats are long over due for a Trophy there. I'll have to pull Rob off to the side and have a chat. It's always the old and its time for the new! Brian, are you still enjoying my chair?

#10 ·
So what time are people meeting up? For American pride should I wear my working white uniform,lol?

#11 ·
We are meeting

We are gonna try to get there between 4:30 and 5:00.Can you make it James?

#12 ·
think so what is the exact address?

#13 ·
Here it is

1731 Berlin turnpike
Wethersfield,CT

#15 ·
from what I see its only like 30% chance of rain at the most atm

#16 ·
Yeah I just checked the forecast again and it looks like it's going to clear up as far as showers go and just be cloudy. That's fine by me, I'm looking forward to going tonight!!! And like someone already said, lets be there early so we can get the good spots. Whoever gets there first, hold some spots across from where the DJ booth is. Those are prime spots, back right up to the grass side.

See yaz there!!

ROK :turbonaug

#18 ·
ahhhhh

#20 · (Edited)
hmmmm thinking about, just found out liquor stores are closed today

so 4 so far
bird rok chip and me?

#21 ·
ok ill be heading out shortly............in uniform. I hope I dont feel like a jackass out there

#24 ·
down pour here as well

#25 ·
Well it turned out alright. To bad the cruise was called off. Women were beautiful and I made it off with not a single stain on my uniform....WOOHOO!!! Thanks to all who came out.

#26 ·
Too bad the cancellation notification came so late, like when I was pulling in to Hooter's!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, but it was a great t/o for the LM GTO guys! Me, birdman, ROK, Frank, Art, Kurt (blkdvl), Jay with that super clean TR of his and lastly, Scott in his green Jeep!!!!! Oh and Josh too!

We all enjoyed a Hooter's meal and laughs with Katie.:popcorn2:

There was a barrel of laughs and some very unusual topics discussed amongst the group last evening!:bootyshak and more!

Sorry the vintage guys that showed left but...... that is the way it is.

Anyhow, the ride home was fun, saw lot of fireworks along the way, made it home safely and hope the rest of you did too.

Look forward to a Hooter's meet next Friday night.

Jeff

#27 ·
I spent most of the morning/afternoon detailing the ROKET and getting some 4th of July stuff ready for the Cruise-in at Hooters. I then kept checking the CT GTO web site to make sure it was still going on. So Roe and I got ready and left the house a little after 4, (the meet was still on at 4) we had to stop at the store to pick up some Flags and Hats for everyone. We get to Hooters just around 4:55 and the place was empty except for customer cars and one 04 GTO. :confused:

Oh I forgot to tell you, on the way there I get a call from Jay and he wanted to know if I was going down there. I told him I was on my way and I'll see him there. So, when I see no one was there setting up I knew something was wrong. So I called Jay back and good thing he was still home and asked him to go to the CT GTO's web site and see what it says. It took a couple of minutes for him to get to the web site and low and behold it says it's CANCELED, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???????????????

It was actually nice out and the sun was trying to come out. So I hung up from Jay and called my Brother and made plans with him. Then all of a sudden I see this Really Brightly Dressed Man all in White walking towards my car as I was about to leave. It was James (Birdman). He was like WTF too, lol. Anyway we talked for a while and then Kurt called James and he was also on his way down there too. Anyway, I had made plans with my Brother and his G/F after I found out the meet was canceled. We were going to come back to Hooters, but my brother's G/F didn't want to have dinner there, go figure. So we ended up going out to dinner at another restaurant. By the time we were done eating it was too late to go back down there.

I was so pissed, here it was the first time in two years that Roe wanted to go to a GTO/car show event and it gets canceled, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Oh, if anyone wants some Red, White, and Blue Hats and Sashes? I got a whole bunch of them, Arggggggg!!!!

ROK :mad:

#28 ·
sorry guys. Around 4 pm we got hit kind of bad. I live on a hill and the main road had atleast 2 inches of water just rushing down. I knew it wouldnt last but taking a 45 mile trip one way i just didnt want to chance it

#30 ·
I was in the car wash next door when you hit the road! So I missed you by seconds. As I drove in I immediately spotted James' car, I saw yours when I went up the Pike to the turn around and darted into the car wash for a quick rinse. Sorry I didn't go straight to Hooter's I probably could have convinced you to stay. :turbonaug

Oh well.

It was fun for those who were there.

Oh and I forgot to mention in my earlier posts, Kurt it was a real pleasure meeting you for the first time. I was glad to hear things are going well for you. As for the rest of you scallywags it was great seeing youse!!!!!

Jeff

#31 · (Edited)
Next time the weather looks threatning, I'm calling Hooters. I left at 4:15 or so and checked the ctgto web site prior to leaving and it said it was on. They just F'd up on this one. The only rain was along the coast. It was great to hang with everbody who stayed. Rok, Jay tried calling your cell when we were all hanging in the parking lot and it just went into your voice mail. Let's try for next Fri.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.