Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #1
GGGGOAT
CCGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Taking bets

So my 17 y/o daughter just called me all excited and told me her friend at school just got a GTO just like mine. Anyone wanna take a bet on how long this one will last? I give it two months at the most.

I also told her to stay out of it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Maybe you should offer to give it a free tune up and while you are at it pull two or three plug wires to slow him/her down a bit. If they complain about the idle quality tell them you found out it had a 3/4 race cam in it and that's just how they run.

2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6 HFP
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS L79 Restoration Page
Rich's 1965 Chevelle Two-Door Wagon Project Progress Page
Bob's 1964 GTO Project Page
Rich's Brazen Orange 2006 Pontiac GTO
Rich C.
"I would rather appreciate what I cannot have than have what I cannot appreciate."
Old 05-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
GGGGOAT
CCGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

All joking aside, I know this kid is into street racing and has already totaled a Honda. I'm sure this will go MUCH better for him. I'm going to try and talk some sense into him, but we all know how much we listed to "adults" when we were 17-18 y/o's. "What does that old man know?" I do have another Pontiac (Grand Prix GT). That kinda looks like a GTO from the front. Maybe I can talk him into trade. LOL

Old 05-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
GTO44
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGGOAT...View Post
I also told her to stay out of it.

Vararam only, stock tune
Monster Level 2, Tick MC, RS T.Mount, Revshit insert, Hinson M.Mounts
Lovell 340/370mm springs, Koni Sports shocks/struts
Lovell Bushings: Strut Mounts & Bearings, ajust. Radius rod, rear subframe, Diff insert, rear endlinks
Hotchkis Adjust. Sways, Nobush Endlinks
DBA T3 Clubspec slotted, hawk HP+, Russle SS, Motul 600
Rebuilt T56, blocker ring kit, Tick billet 3/4 keys & springs
Dragbags, Catchcan, PTI 1-piece Alum. DS

365/368 (std)
12.81@110.6 2.03 60'
Old 05-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Nothubertjfarnsworth
ಠ_ಠ

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

A week.

( '_')o

(._. )

Quote:
The real enemy of truth is not ignorance, doubt, or even disbelief. It is false knowledge.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Gimpy1

2005 GTO Owner

I can't tell you how many totaled muscle cars I seen totaled by 18 year olds when I was a field appraiser. I also never understood why in Gods name would parents buy little johnny or suzy a high performance sports car for their first car. Also driving a front wheel drive ricer is way different than driving a 400 horse rear wheel car with the mass that the GTO has. When my kid reaches driving age she's gonna get a 100 hp car not a 400 plus hp car. I would have a talk with said BF and let him know what will happen to his nether regions if he hurts your daughter while driving. I sincerly hope nothing ever happens to your kiddo, that is every parents worst nightmare.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #7
GGGGOAT
CCGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy1...View Post
I can't tell you how many totaled muscle cars I seen totaled by 18 year olds when I was a field appraiser. I also never understood why in Gods name would parents buy little johnny or suzy a high performance sports car for their first car. Also driving a front wheel drive ricer is way different than driving a 400 horse rear wheel car with the mass that the GTO has. When my kid reaches driving age she's gonna get a 100 hp car not a 400 plus hp car. I would have a talk with said BF and let him know what will happen to his nether regions if he hurts your daughter while driving. I sincerly hope nothing ever happens to your kiddo, that is every parents worst nightmare.

EXACTLY!!! I just told my wife I didn't want her in that car with him either. This is what I got back:

It's not fast like yours
How she gonna go to prom then
Your being stupid

What do I know?

I can see this going to fun evening in the Eisel household tonight!
Old 05-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #8
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Fast enough to do a lot of damage. Even stock these cars can be a handful for even an experienced driver.

Show her a few photos of wrecked GTOs. Almost ALL of them have front end damage which should tell you something. Also, stress the fact that they have only two air bags.

At the very least, you SHOULD look the car over to see if it has been jacked with and that the ABS is working and that there is no air bag light on the dash. Any GTO cheap enough for a kid to buy (in most situations) is probably heavily abused and has a ton of miles on it.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #9
GcwRyan

I had a GTO as my first car, sold it and bought myself another one just recently.
I'm only 20.
I'm offended
Old 05-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #10
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GcwRyan...View Post
I had a GTO as my first car, sold it and bought myself another one just recently.
I'm only 20.
I'm offended

Did you wreck the first one?

If not, you should not be offended, you are merely an anomaly.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #11
Gimpy1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
EXACTLY!!! I just told my wife I didn't want her in that car with him either. This is what I got back:

It's not fast like yours
How she gonna go to prom then
Your being stupid

What do I know?

I can see this going to fun evening in the Eisel household tonight!

Well if the worry is about prom spring for a limo there and back. If I remember my prom in 1992 there was a lot of drinking going on. Alcohol + Any car= bad news. Yea she may not arrive to prom in a GTO but at least she'll arrive to the Eisel home safe and sound. I don't mean to be a buzzkill, hell I did a lot of crazy and insane stuff in my days (ask me why I have 1 arm) maybe 10 years of looking at wrecked cars and wrecked lives changed me, but one thing I do know when it comes to fast, powerful cars the margin for error is greatly reduced, and sometimes a small mistake turns into a major mistake in the blink of an eye, and there is no going back.

Last edited by Gimpy1; 05-17-2017 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 05-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #12
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

But then limos have wide, soft comfy seats, large enough to lie down on......

Old 05-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #13
GGGGOAT
CCGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Tripower...View Post
Fast enough to do a lot of damage. Even stock these cars can be a handful for even an experienced driver.

Show her a few photos of wrecked GTOs. Almost ALL of them have front end damage which should tell you something. Also, stress the fact that they have only two air bags.

At the very least, you SHOULD look the car over to see if it has been jacked with and that the ABS is working and that there is no air bag light on the dash. Any GTO cheap enough for a kid to buy (in most situations) is probably heavily abused and has a ton of miles on it.

Oh I'm sure he'll be bringing it over to show me. And yes, I will give it a good once over and check for all the usual suspects. Maybe I'll ask him if I can take my wife for a ride it since it's "stock" and not that fast. Maybe that will change her mind a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GcwRyan...View Post
I'm only 20.
I'm offended

Well you my friend are the exception, not the normal. Good for you for driving like you have some sense and respecting the car! I bet you paid for that yourself as well?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #14
GGGGOAT
CCGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Well if the worry is about prom spring for a limo there and back. If I remember my prom in 1992 there was a lot of drinking going on. Alcohol + Any car= bad news. Yea she may not arrive to prom in a GTO but at least she'll arrive to the Eisel home safe and sound.

All good points! The sad part is I actually have access to a limo that I drive for someone on the side. I offered to drive and they declined....

Quote:
But then limos have wide, soft comfy seats, large enough to lie down on......

... and maybe this why they didn't want "me" driving.

Just when I was starting to like you Rich.... LOL!
Old 05-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #15
Gimpy1

2005 GTO Owner

Good thing my daughter is only 6. I still have 10 or more years before the car stuff starts being an issue. Right now she likes mommy's new beetle more because it has a sun roof.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #16
whippersnapper02

Kid will probably rice it out before totaling it. FPFQ continues for 2017.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #17
GcwRyan

Quote:
Oh I'm sure he'll be bringing it over to show me. And yes, I will give it a good once over and check for all the usual suspects. Maybe I'll ask him if I can take my wife for a ride it since it's "stock" and not that fast. Maybe that will change her mind a little.

Well you my friend are the exception, not the normal. Good for you for driving like you have some sense and respecting the car! I bet you paid for that yourself as well?

Yessir, made me respect them a little bit more lol.
Good luck with the daughter!!
Old 05-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #18
GcwRyan

Quote:
Did you wreck the first one?

If not, you should not be offended, you are merely an anomaly.

Nope. Sold it to get a daily and a 6.0!
Not everyone from my generation is young and dumb.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #19
Gimpy1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:

Agree 100% here is a link to one of the companies that insurance companies send totaled cars to, take a look of where the damage is
https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinderSearch/?displayStr=Pontiac,GTO,%5B2004%20TO%202006%5D&fro m=%2FvehicleFinder%2F&searchStr=%7B"MISC":%5B"lot_ make_code:PON
Old 05-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #20
JimmyGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Good thing my daughter is only 6. I still have 10 or more years before the car stuff starts being an issue. Right now she likes mommy's new beetle more because it has a sun roof.

You have about 6 yrs before the FUN begins. I have 5 granddaughters. Ranging from one due in July, one is 4,18 19 and a 25 yr old. Plus I grew up with an older sister. O the lies they tell. One advice I can give you. Don't believe them. Check on her then double check on her. It will be fun!!!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #21
SilverBullet19
05 Looks, 04 Slow

2004 GTO Owner

oh dear...

my first car was a 4 cylinder saturn with a 5 speed and a WHOPPING 125 HP. I wanted a Camaro SS SO BADLY. I even looked to trade the Saturn for one with 150k on it (guy wanted a gas sipper for a long commute). Looking back, I'm lucky I didn't. Anything more would have equated to a 73% of not living to see 18.

I got my GTO when I was 21, and I had calmed my giblets quite a bit by then. If I had v8 as a kid, SilverBullet wouldn't exist today.

I give this kid 2 weeks before it's totaled if he has a street racing history. My best friend in high school wrapped his s2k around a pole 1 week after getting it.

Retired for DD duties 3/23/15 at 120,600

Full JBA exhaust with shorties and catted mids, Griffin radiator, Lovell's Shocks, King HHD springs (1 inch drop front, 1/2 inch rear), various whiteline poly bushings, DSS 1 piece, Hyperblack 19" VMR VB3's, 05 hood, 05 bumper, Mavman color matched spoiler
Old 05-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #22
fastedddy

2005 GTO Owner

Someone needs to help out by encouraging this young man to race his awesome car at the track and not risking lives on the street
Old 05-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #23
Nothubertjfarnsworth
ಠ_ಠ

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastedddy...View Post
Someone needs to help out by encouraging this young man to race his awesome car at the track and not risking lives on the street

Old 05-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #24
Nothubertjfarnsworth
ಠ_ಠ

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19...View Post
oh dear...

my first car was a 4 cylinder saturn with a 5 speed and a WHOPPING 125 HP. I wanted a Camaro SS SO BADLY. I even looked to trade the Saturn for one with 150k on it (guy wanted a gas sipper for a long commute). Looking back, I'm lucky I didn't. Anything more would have equated to a 73% of not living to see 18.

I got my GTO when I was 21, and I had calmed my giblets quite a bit by then. If I had v8 as a kid, SilverBullet wouldn't exist today.

I give this kid 2 weeks before it's totaled if he has a street racing history. My best friend in high school wrapped his s2k around a pole 1 week after getting it.

yeah, i think i would have been in the same boat had i gone straight to a high-powered car.

i had a 4 banger that i swapped a 5-spd into in my early car modding days. it might have had a whopping 170 bhp with full bolt-ons, and never made it out of the 15's, lulz. i learned quite a bit with it, though.

a 13 second jellybean was cake after that. the RWD wasn't too hard to get used to, though.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #25
Super Goat
All Black Everything

2006 GTO Owner

My buddy still has the 2002 Camaro SS that he got new in high school. It's a miracle that he and the car are in one piece.

Thunder racing cheater V2 cam
Kooks 1 7/8" headers
Vararam
405 hp/385 ft-lbs
Old 05-18-2017, 03:39 AM   #26
GGGGOAT
CCGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19...View Post
oh dear...

my first car was a 4 cylinder saturn with a 5 speed and a WHOPPING 125 HP.

My first car was my moms VW Rabbit. :-) MY first car was motorcycle when I joined the military, Top Gun baby! And yes, one of the bikes I had was a Kawazaki 750 Turbo just like the one in Top Gun. Luckily, I lived through those days. I didn't get my GTO until my early 40's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastedddy...View Post

Double

He was supposed to bring said awesome car over last night for me to look at it, but got to busy cleaning it.

Stay tuned!
Old 05-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #27
LS2-GTO
1 of 40,757

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Is it a QSM?

Take one down, smash it around.. 22,693 GTO's left on the wall.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:40 AM   #28
GGGGOAT
CCGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Nope, just another PBM.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:43 AM   #29
cookmeup272

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2-GTO...View Post
Is it a QSM?

Take one down, smash it around.. 22,693 GTO's left on the wall.

lololololol perfect
2004 GTO LS1 M6 - SBE, PRC 2.5 62cc Heads, PRC .660 springs, MagicStick v3 cam, Melling High Pressure oil pump, Cometic 0.040" headgasket, Trunion Upgrade, TSP 7.450" pushrods, LS7 Lifters, 42lb injectors, underdrive pulley, Mishimoto radiator, Awespeed intake, Kooks longtubes/Catless mids, Borla catback, Monster Stage 3, 15" Race Star's, MT ET Drags
Best run - 12.1 @ 115, 1.8 60' with above setup/275 Nitto 555r's
12.8 @ 108, 1.8 60' with intake/exhaust/555r's
Old 05-18-2017, 05:43 AM   #30
DangerNoodle
The battle of wits has begun.

2004 GTO Owner

2 months

He'll slide it into something.

Now whether he repairs it and sticks with it... time will tell.

And I heard Prom mentioned, is your daughter planning on dating the guy?

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Last edited by DangerNoodle; 05-18-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: