Found a few 06's....would like opinions - Page 2 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Tech Lounge

Old 01-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #31
SkiPopeye36
FPFQ Herder

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Yeah, the lighter weight of the F-bodies over a GTO, and the comfort of the GTO over an F-body also helps to hide some of the power.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #32
96SS390

What is the cost to repair/replace the seam issues on the rear seats....(i.e. is it just waiting to find a good used set on Hawksthirdgen or can they be repaird professionally?)

Also may be a really random ass question but I am in love with Kooks Afterburner axleback series. As I know nothing about the magnaflow platform for these (Car currently has the 3" competition catback). Is this something that would require extensive modificaiton....I looked at the picture of the magnaflow and it looked like it might be an easy swap for the axle back piece of the magnaflow for the kooks but that is my very naive view using internet pictures.

Last edited by 96SS390; 01-16-2017 at 11:44 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #33
SkiPopeye36
FPFQ Herder

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

All depends on how hard the leather is back there.

If it's really hard (which is what I'd now expect @ 11 years old), then you're either looking at patching in new pieces or grabbing new aftermarket leather covers. I created a how-to thread years ago on how to do this yourself too, but that will only be useful if the leather is still pliable.

The afterburners are incredible. I had them on my current 05, and passed them along to a good buddy of mine (BRZN) when I decided to make a catback change.

Those will only bolt up to the stock catback or the street screamer catback. You would need to just buy the mufflers from Kooks and have them welded into the Magnaflow catback if you wish to not ditch your existing catback all together.

The correct part number for those mufflers is R300-14 (3").

Otherwise, you'd need a stock or a street screamer catback to allow you to bolt those afterburners up.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: