LS1GTO Forums banner

Offutt/Omaha Area Goats

266K views 5K replies 79 participants last post by  mrjabonls206 
#1 ·
Please post...I would like to know how many Offutt goat owners there are. I have seen a grey, black, and a yellow goats on base but haven't met the folks.

#1,726 ·
Thanks to all....

Hope all enjoyed the drags and show! By the looks of the comments, it seems alot of you did! I was so happy to have Mike Cooper with his '63 Pro Mod Pontiac Tempest beat the tracks FASTEST DOOR SLAMMER RECORD OF 4.69 set by Mr. Styers. Mike ran a 4.55 his 1st round, and then a 4.54 his 2nd round at 158mph in the 1/8 mile! Sweet! Looking forward already to next years drags, and NEW show venue!

FYI: He asked the track manager if it was alright to kick up to running 4.30's in the 1/8th! He still had more to give! Damn!

#1,735 ·
I can't find a shop to look at my car because it has no cats... any hints on where I need to go? Engine codes P0174, P0171, and P0300 have come up. More details are in the link a few posts up.

If you are running a cold air kit with a K&N filter or some other type of oiled filter, check the mass air flow sensor and make sure it isn't coated with oil on the sensor probe.
That's fine

If that is OK, make sure there are no vacuum leaks anywhere.
I am unable to do this but someone looked at it and said there appears to be none (I wouldn't exactly rely on his word though)

Bank #2 is the opposite side of where #1 cylinder is, so next would be to check the voltage readings of the 02 sensors on bank #2.
What exactly am I looking for to let me know it needs replaced?

After that, my next guess would be to make sure your fuel trims are set properly in HPTuners.
The shop is 6hours away, but it has been driven 5000 miles since with no issues.

The car is using fuel like you wouldn't believe, I am averaging 8.9 mpg, and this is probably 75% hwy miles. The car is running out of whack, and I can't find a shop that will even look at it! Any more feedback is APPRECIATED!

#1,736 ·
I can't find a shop to look at my car because it has no cats... any hints on where I need to go? Engine codes P0174, P0171, and P0300 have come up. More details are in the link a few posts up.

That's fine

I am unable to do this but someone looked at it and said there appears to be none (I wouldn't exactly rely on his word though)

What exactly am I looking for to let me know it needs replaced?

The shop is 6hours away, but it has been driven 5000 miles since with no issues.

The car is using fuel like you wouldn't believe, I am averaging 8.9 mpg, and this is probably 75% hwy miles. The car is running out of whack, and I can't find a shop that will even look at it! Any more feedback is APPRECIATED!
Get a couple of stray cats and put them in your trunk and try that. know one will look at your car ? take it in and have some cats put back on .Im just tring to be funny.

#1,738 ·
The advice you have gotten so far is pretty good. I would look at a dirty maf and or bad O2 sensors before anything else. The O2's can be monitored by anyone with a good scan tool to see if one of them is bad or lazy.
--That's the PM I received from him... but I'm still trying to find a place with a good scan tool! I don't want to drive this around Omaha looking for shops, so if you know of a good one point me in the right direction! A friend's Grandpa's shop said they can look at it Friday, will driving an additional 40 miles be a VERY bad idea?

#1,755 ·
Does anyone know anyone or anywhere that uses HP Tuners? My car is going nuts and every place says its due to the tune. Its throwing codes, and making up its own codes that no place can read, they're not even GM codes! Does anyone have a set of 05/06 mids laying around they would like to sell? Does anyone want to swap their stock headers/mids for Pacesetter headers and catless mids? You do the work, and its free.
Any other possible ways to return to the stock tune?
All 4 o2 sensors tested bad, and they claimed replacing them will not correct the problem. I'm assuming my warranty is useless, but if I took it to them would they at least be able to fix the problem?

#1,756 · (Edited)
Hey guys i need your help !!!!!!!! September 21 sunday a MAM . A fundraiser for 8 month you little boy his name is Nate Zeller. On may 10 he entered the hospital with bacteria meningitis that has damaged his brain stem. 100% of of the gate fees are going to his family to help with expenses. To learn more go to www.teamnatedog.blogspot.com/ Thanks Scott . His family are very good freinds of mine..

#1,757 ·
A truly great cause!

If there is ever a day, you say to yourself, I want to go racing at Rolling Thunder, this is the day! We all have family, and know that this could happen to anyone of our loved ones. So please, come out and have a great day, and benefit a wonderful cause. Thanks in advance to all who contribute to this great cause!
-Shawn Kniesly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.