LS1GTO Forums banner

Mantic 9000 Twin HD Clutch

9K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  miker 
#1 · (Edited)
PN - M921219 - Specific to the Monaro/GTO

Well I bit the bullet today... On sale for $1633 (List of like $2,000)... One of the most expensive clutches on the market.

Fully engineered and made in Australia
32lbs - Total Weight including Flywheel
Rated at 1010 Ft lbs
Pedal effort only 2lbs more then LS7
9in Twin Disk
Sprung/Cushioned Hubs
Non-Organic Disks

In the Road Racing (Vette/Camaro) world they have an unsurprased reputation; I couldn't find a single person who spoke badly of them.

See less See more
#4 ·
Couldn't find any complaints of floater plate rattle; but I didn't find maybe people who DD on them; and I doubt the racers out there would care about a rattle.

#3 ·
I looked into one of these before ultimately going with a McLeod RST. I've done a LOT of research due to having bad experiences with my OZ700 and previous potential purchase of an Exo-Skel (not the same company, just another Aussie clutch maker who got RAVED review at first)

The only complain I've heard was of floater plate rattle here and there from the vette guys. Other than that, solid clutch. Just holds more than I need and I prefer a stock pedal at all costs...and any other excuse I can make not to look like a tight ass when refusing to spend $1600.00

#6 ·
At the end of the day a little rattle isn't important to me but I'll update you guys when it's in.

Shipped from a U.S. wearhouse; should be here Wednesday but I still have some t56 swap stuff to do.

I plan on launches off a two step at 5,000rpm on Hoosier a6s all day and no lift shifting at 7,000.

#8 ·
Rps are to heavy and have other downfalls.

I read a ton of threads about the mantic. Everyone who had issues on the Camaro either didn't break it in correctly or had the wrong slave.

In the Vette world it's the only clutch ECS uses and parts don't seem to be an issue.

#11 ·
I bought the mantic er2 single disc last year and was accidently shipped the twin setup. It came in a fancy suitcase fit for a nuclear weapon in a cheesy 70s bond film haha. It was such a well built looking clutch. I fought with my conscious for a bit but ended up contacting the seller and letting them know there was a mistake. The single has been great but I wish I could have kept the twin disc.

#13 ·
Other than having too thick of a disk that had to get swapped out to start with I haven't had any problems with my RPS. Soft pedal, quiet, nice engagement, 24# without the fly (my old M3 was 28#), low MOI and cost. That looks like a nice clutch but way too expensive for me.

#19 ·
That does sound odd. The floater plate I have has a varierty of holes in it for different pin configurations. Their customer service kind of sucks as it took 4 weeks to resolve my problem and get it back to me but at least it wasn't my DD and it works flawlessly now.

#24 ·
Quote from well regarded clutch manufacturer:
"If people aren't having any issues with your clutches, you're not selling any clutches."

#32 ·
Flap Flap Flap.

#34 ·
I have talked to these guys at great length over the last few years @ PRI. if I remember correctly, they were once a part of PBR's clutch division and then took over the clutch division once PBR (brakes) was purchased by Bosch.

These have spring tabs that are supposed to mitigate any midplate (float plate) rattle (they can be seen in Miker's photos above).

Let me know how you like it Miker... J

#36 ·
Miker: post up a pic of the shiny HD metal briefcase that Mantic gets shipped and delivered in... :boink:

#38 ·
I'm late to every damned thing... :bomb:

That clutch is entirely too nice looking to stuff inside a trans! :boink:

#41 ·
Finally started working on the M6 swap again today and put it in.

Pros
Better looking then any GF I've had
Came with alignment tool
Came with slave
Amazing fit/finish

Cons
Better looking then any GF I've had
ARP Flywheel bolts don't have enough head clearance
No one makes a clear plastic bell housing so you can't see it

#46 ·

#48 ·
Tits!

#49 ·

Probably going to cut off the bottom flange on the bell housing for ground clearance. It hangs so low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.