LS1GTO Forums banner

new rays wheels with aggressive offsets

13K views 141 replies 43 participants last post by  nuclearay 
#1 ·
so i just got a set of rays engineering lexion 503s. they are 19x8.5 +35 with a 235/35-19, and the rears are a 19x10 +40 with a 265/30-19.
just thought id show a couple close ups for people interested in similar fitment.

all 4 fenders are rolled flat courtesy of RMS rolling and coating in sacremento.

i will post more pics soon when i get some arp studs and spacers, and maybe a 255 on the rear.

See less See more
#72 · (Edited)
..lol....ok ok..

#77 ·
Quick guys go measure your shit.

This thread motivated me to get some wheel spacers. I ordered 10 MM for the front and 20 MM for the rear. Also new wheel studs.

This will be a 8.5 with 35MM offset on front and 9.5 with 30 MM offset on rear.

Haters gonna hate.

#80 ·
Christ guy we almost twins. What is your jank ass suspension setup?

Also, what is the width and offset on your front and rear wheels?

Time to go all stancy and shit up in here brah.

#81 ·
BC's

8.5" +42mm front
10" +54mm rear

If I did it again (which I might) my offsets would not be so conservative and my rears would be wider.

#82 · (Edited)
Ok I am at 8.5 - 45mm front and 9.5 - 50mm rear.

I am going to buy a pair of 5mm spacers with the intentions of using those in the front (hope it clears) BUT prior to bolting them on the front I am going to attempt to double them up in the rear and see what happens. If I can make that work I will order a pair of 10mm spacers for the rear.

People don't do this on GTO's very much and really in southwest MO you do not see it hardly at all.

Haters gonna hate brah (s)

#85 · (Edited)
Front (225/40/18):

23-5/8". I think the tire might be a little low on air, though. I'm guessing it might get up to 23-7/8".

Rear: (275/30/19):

24-3/8".

Suspension is Lovells - the low-low springs. I also have a LOT of caster dialed in up front.

This was before the springs settled:

Attachments

#87 ·
this thread is getting better.. lol woot woot for domestic stance.
slammin where did you order your studs? and are they arp or h&r or?

these are the people to have kept me motivated. theres more out there than we think

#93 ·
Thanks for these pictures. Anymore to add?

The black one with the gold centers on the wheels and the dead dude's one are my favorite.

I do not have the studs yet. I plan to get the spacers figured out before I cover her up for the winter. then next year I will get studs. I am quickly running out of time because I wanted to cover her up next weekend.

And I still have not ordered spacers. I am worried I will get these 5mm for the front then find out I could have went 8mm or some stupid crap.

Guess I better just order them.

#100 ·
AFAIK

^^^ Front = 18" x 9" +30, Rear = 18" x 10.5" +41

^^^ Front = 18" x 9" +29, Rear = 18" x 11" +35

^^^ Front = 19" x 8.5" +30, Rear = 19" x 10" +37

#96 ·
^^^oh, you mean raked :) yeah, I like that look, provided the rear is not raised up, but the front lowered a little.

Like the look of lowered (not slammed) cars for the most part, just don't like living with them day to day, like watching curb stops, or having to be the sucker to lift it up to work on it (using a jack).

My VR-4 is tastefully lowered, but also has a nice koni adjustable suspension so it's stiff enough to not bottom out and such plus the car was pretty 'high' to begin with, so it sits just right and is practical.

Had an older camaro that was really low (the roof was ~48" lol) and the headers hung down, but not terrible...what did get hit a lot was the mufflers, since I 86'd the crossflow and put a true dual; even with smaller casings, seemed it would bottom out quite a lot and even got pulled over once from the sparks it emitted.

The lowest vehicle I've ever known that was driven was my friends toyota truck back in the 80's...he'd scrape the undercarriage on those little blue 'dots' on the road as he drove over them (no suspension movement, just driving straight), lol...

#107 ·
Thomas, exactly how much more room do your arms give? I'm going for it and ordering lips and barrels. I was going to go 1/2" out, and 1" to the inside. But after some thought, I'd rather go 1.5" in if I'll have the room anyway.

#102 ·
I think I'm going to join the flush club,I want 10.5" wheels dammit !!!

#103 ·
#111 ·
Doug, that's exactly what I'm doing. I've been talking back and forth with Iconz about the details. The reason I went with 3pc in the first place was with a plan to mini-tub in the future anyway.

Jeremy, the axles won't need to be narrowed, as the hub will stay in the same spot. My center section will stay the same, but I'll have new (inner) barrels, and lips. It's just like when guys have their wheels widened but I won't have some jank ass welded stock wheels, and I can go outward too.

Oh4, why would I need new toe rods?

#113 ·
Who have you been dealing with?

I contacted Mitch initially, but someone named Daniel is who got back to me, and who I've been dealing with since.

And I just measured my front lips, and they're 1/2" narrower than my rears. So that means I'd be able to put my rear lips on to my fronts for moar lip and a make 9" wheel. That'd be a 9" wheel with a +36mm offset if I did that BTW. I think for the hell of it, I'm going to see how it looks anyway. I think with the rear being a bit more aggressive the fronts should get a bit more so as well.

#115 ·
I have been dealing with Daniel also. He is a good guy, just I am not sure exactly what the status is. He has promised them by end of November. That's 8 days.

That is really awesome that you can manipulate the 3-piece like that, an advantage that I had not previously though of. moving 1/4 inch closer to the outside will defnitely be aggressive.

#120 ·
I know that you've beat the piss out of your inner well, but that's where I would worry about making contact with a wide wheel. I use the GForce shock extensions now and with my drag radials, I encountered the wheel well long before I hit the control arm.

EDIT: Of course, that happened with the tire. So not a concern where the tires do not extend past the lips of the wheel on either side.

#124 · (Edited)
Oh, a tub is planned along with these wheel modifications. I know all about inner clearances. I'm running 285's on a 10" wheel and am quite low, while having a fair bit of power to squat and twist the rear when launching.

Oh4GTO, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that Thomas' arms relocated the hub. Looks like Chris' are the obvious choice now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.