JHP small spoiler on sale - Page 4 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 02-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #91
Blue Dream

Premium Member

I for one appreciate your presence on the forum. It's too easy for vendors to hide when the you know what hits the fan and you came strong with your response. Even though these aren't cheap if I hadn't promised myself my girl would stay stock, I'd buy one in a minute after your post. Hands down the best looking lip spoiler out there for our cars.

1 of 101 SRM, 6mt, 17" wheels, black interior 06 GTO's
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #92
blackgtos
Premium Member

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Rob from JHP contacted me last night after they got their email problems sorted out.
He apologized and gave me three ways I could choose to resolve my problem.
I chose to exchange mine for a new one since I really do like the size and shape of this spoiler better than any other one I've seen (I have a Mavman spoiler sitting in my basement).
Honestly, the pinholes weren't really that great of a concern as I could've filled them with glazing or spot putty.
The misaligned nut and the unevenness of the driver's side edge and rounded piece was what upset me the most.
I appreciate the manner in which Rob/JHP responded to my concerns and resolved this.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #93
Batsallover
Gearhead Daddy

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Batsallover
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPE 4...View Post
Hey LSGTO forum members.
This is Geoff from JHP in Aust.
I need to address a couple of points in this post.

This JHP GTO spoiler was 100% designed and made by JHP for a low volume production run..... Yes the tooling isn't perfect and if you buy the spoiler unpainted, the spoiler will possibly need to be high-filled and lightly sanded before painting. The primed spoiler should not be delivered with pin holes.

JHP are currently working with “blackgtos” to rectify his spoiler… unfortunately his spoiler missed the Q.C. before dispatch… we do agree that pin holes in this product are not acceptable.

This JHP GTO spoiler re-uses the original GTO trunk spoiler holes.

JHP in the last 2-3 years has an outside fiberglass vendor make these spoiler for JHP.

JHP are going to offer the US GTO owners the option to have this spoiler delivered painted in the factory colors….. ready to install with the compression foam fixed to the spoiler.. This will add an extra $180 to the final price.

All the JHP GTO spoilers V1 and V2 require the foam compression tape installed to the underside contact area of the spoiler once the spoiler has been painted.

This JHP spoiler is designed to re-use the original stock spoiler holes..... but we have noted in "some" installs one or two of the original trunk holes will need to be slightly elongated (2-3mm) to make ease for installing all the mounting screws.

There are a number of fiberglass companies that have made/copied this spoiler, …. similar copies don't always fit the trunk properly or in some cases are not supplied with mounting/fixing option and expect double sided tape or adhesive to hold the spoiler.

All the JHP GTO V2 spoilers once painted and installed look amazing, add to the look of the body shape compared to the stock high spoiler.

https://jhp.com.au/shop/exterior-acc...o-lip-spoiler/

The painted option now being offered for stateside owners is great. I know the prep and paint alone adds quite a value but I might as well ask if another spoiler sale is on the horizon to roll out this new option.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #94
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Well, good news. Keep the conversation going so we can all learn how this all works out in the end.

2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6 HFP
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS L79 Restoration Page
Rich's 1965 Chevelle Two-Door Wagon Project Progress Page
Bob's 1964 GTO Project Page
Rich's Brazen Orange 2006 Pontiac GTO
Rich C.
"I would rather appreciate what I cannot have than have what I cannot appreciate."
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #95
COUPE 4
4wd COUPE
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

HSV Coupe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batsallover...View Post
The painted option now being offered for stateside owners is great. I know the prep and paint alone adds quite a value but I might as well ask if another spoiler sale is on the horizon to roll out this new option.

Right at this moment we cant offer any discount / sales as there has been a price increase in manufacturing and shipping freight costs.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #96
speegto

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgtos...View Post
Rob from JHP contacted me last night after they got their email problems sorted out.
He apologized and gave me three ways I could choose to resolve my problem.
I chose to exchange mine for a new one since I really do like the size and shape of this spoiler better than any other one I've seen (I have a Mavman spoiler sitting in my basement).
Honestly, the pinholes weren't really that great of a concern as I could've filled them with glazing or spot putty.
The misaligned nut and the unevenness of the driver's side edge and rounded piece was what upset me the most.
I appreciate the manner in which Rob/JHP responded to my concerns and resolved this.

Is the Mavman spoiler in your basement for sale by chance?
Old 02-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #97
thirdstreettito
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPE 4...View Post
Hey LSGTO forum members.
This is Geoff from JHP in Aust.
I need to address a couple of points in this post.

This JHP GTO spoiler was 100% designed and made by JHP for a low volume production run..... Yes the tooling isn't perfect and if you buy the spoiler unpainted, the spoiler will possibly need to be high-filled and lightly sanded before painting. The primed spoiler should not be delivered with pin holes.

JHP are currently working with “blackgtos” to rectify his spoiler… unfortunately his spoiler missed the Q.C. before dispatch… we do agree that pin holes in this product are not acceptable.

This JHP GTO spoiler re-uses the original GTO trunk spoiler holes.

JHP in the last 2-3 years has an outside fiberglass vendor make these spoiler for JHP.

JHP are going to offer the US GTO owners the option to have this spoiler delivered painted in the factory colors….. ready to install with the compression foam fixed to the spoiler.. This will add an extra $180 to the final price.

All the JHP GTO spoilers V1 and V2 require the foam compression tape installed to the underside contact area of the spoiler once the spoiler has been painted.

This JHP spoiler is designed to re-use the original stock spoiler holes..... but we have noted in "some" installs one or two of the original trunk holes will need to be slightly elongated (2-3mm) to make ease for installing all the mounting screws.

There are a number of fiberglass companies that have made/copied this spoiler, …. similar copies don't always fit the trunk properly or in some cases are not supplied with mounting/fixing option and expect double sided tape or adhesive to hold the spoiler.

All the JHP GTO V2 spoilers once painted and installed look amazing, add to the look of the body shape compared to the stock high spoiler.

https://jhp.com.au/shop/exterior-acc...o-lip-spoiler/

I ordered one from the start of this thread. How do I ad the painted option? It'll take a lot of the hassle out of it for me.
04 M6 PBM - LS2, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Kooks LT's, no cats and true duals, flowmaster 10's, GMM Ripshift, 3.70 Motive Gears, Wavetrac, 1000hp DSS shafts, DSS axle stubs, Harrop Diff Cover, DBA gold rotors, Hawk pads, Goodridge stainless brake lines, Nitto Invo...more to come
Old 02-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #98
Rickybaht

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I sent an email to JHP and it will be no problem painting the spoiler. Ask for a new invoice through PayPal for the increased cost and it shall be done!

2006 QSM M6
Lovells/Hotchkis full suspension 20mm drop
Kooks 1 3/4 Headers with cats
Tuned by LG Motorsports
Svede OTRCAI
JHP Billet Shifter
18" Falken RT-6
1 0f 123 produced
Old 02-17-2017, 08:27 PM   #99
Magnified
It's simple physics

2006 GTO Owner

Also checking out this painting option. Saw it on the website when I ordered but it would not populate when I checked it. We'll see what Rob says.

LR
2006 PBM (now dirt brown) A4, Magnacharger, Kooks LT, high flow cats, Magnaflow x-pipe, stock pipes into race glass packs, drag bags, subframe connectors/jacking rails, 18x8.5/40 offset Bayern Mesh chrome up front, 18X9.5/45 in the rear, Michelin Pilot Sport PSII, fender roll, DIY catch can, DIY factory amp mod, tuned by Chuck, black badges.

Street configuration consistent #s ONCE UPON A TIME - 12.13 / 117.5 / 1.90 60 foot. 3.75 second 0-60. Lots of wheel spin.
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #100
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I just ordered mine with the paint option. Sure hope the color matches! My car has been garage kept since new so fading on my car shouldn't really be an issue but we will see. I'll admit I was a little concerned when blackgtos (sorry, never caught your name!) posted with having some issues. But, when JHP jumped in and began addressing the issues and offering the paint option I decided to take a shot and see what happens. I do know $180 for paint is a lot better than I'd get with my local paint shop. Heck, it cost more than that to have my Catera door handles painted (I know, it SHOULDN'T have cost that much). I can't wait to actually be able to see out the back window soon!

Anyway, for so many years I was not the biggest fan of wingless cars or aftermarket spoilers, but over the years the smaller lip spoilers really began to grow on me. And I'm keeping the wing so I can always switch back if I want to.

As other guys get their spoilers painted and installed, please post up pictures. Let us know if it is local paint or JHP paint too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: