e-brake light on when seatbelt fastened - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Suspension/Steering/Brakes

Old 01-10-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
jade

e-brake light on when seatbelt fastened

Hi, first time posting on this forum. Have an unusual issue cropped up yesterday on my 2005 GTO (30k mi.) E-brake warning light comes on and stays on as soon as drivers seatbelt is fastened. Light goes off as soon as seatbelt in unfastened. Brake fluid level looks normal, jiggling e brake handle doesn't turn it off. Should there be a link between the seatbelt sensor and the ebrake switch? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
mlformula95

2006 GTO Owner

Does the ebrake light work when the handle goes up?

The black blue wire from the seat belt buckle runs to a ground above the transmission according to the 05 wiring diagram. The black white wire changes to orange and runs to the cluster.

I would start with taking the center console out and trace the orange and brown wire from the ebrake handle. Inspect that area and all the wires for damage/corrosion.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
jade

Thanks for the reply. I may have solved the problem. The day before the problem started, the battery had gone dead when I accidentally left the lights on for several hours, and I had to jump start it. It was dead enough that some of the preferences on the dash readouts reset. I unhooked the battery last night for 20 minutes and then hooked it back up and drove home and had no more issue with ebrake light coming on. I've got my fingers crossed that the computer hopefully just needed a reset. If the light comes back on, I'll check the wiring.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
Jontall
1 of 262

2006 GTO Owner

These cars go crazy when the battery is low or dead... Buy a new battery when you can afford to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: