LS1GTO Forums banner

Who Has Notched Control Arms?

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  n0b0dy1987 
#1 ·
So much scattered info on this topic so I figured I would ask the question specifically to the people who have notched LCA's on their cars.

Next spring I plan on minitubing my car (myself) and am just trying to figure out what the widest wheel/tire combo I can have with just a notched control arm.

Not modified arms from gforce/hendrix but a notched arm. I'm well aware of these arms and they look fantastic but I only plan on running an 15x11 wheel with a 315 tire. I've been searching around and Ive seen a 70-80 offset mentioned with an 11" wide wheel wich equates to about a 8.75-9.15 backspacing.

Do you forsee any problems with this? Could I go 11.5" wide with a notched arm or would that be pushing the notch to an unsafe level? If I could get 11.5" and a 325 tire I would do it but its not a necessity.

Thanks for the help. Like I said I did a lot of searching on the subject but all the info on this is all so scattered that it was really hard to figure out.

#3 ·
Yeah Ive seen plenth of notches just cant figure out if i can fit an 11" wide wheel with just a notch or if I will need modified arms.

Also can someone move this to the suspension section? I feel like its a better topic over there.

#7 ·
Do you?

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
Define...."a lot of additional work". Do you have any pictures? Just got my tubs in from gforce next up is a set of modified control arms from them. Anything else I'd have to do? If its too much of a pain then I'll just go with an 11" or 11.5" wide wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.