LS1GTO Forums banner

Dyno results low?

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  10 Sec Bird 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys quick question, ive got a M12 05 6.0 gto.
Mods: KN typhoon cold air intake, Mishimoto Aluminum radiator and mishi hoses, taylor race 10.1" wires, JBA LT headers, DSS one piece, and Tick performance tuned the car and it layed down 360rwhp and 360rwtq. I seemed to think that its a little low. They said it could be a issue with the typhoon cai and the jba headers, what yall think?

#2 ·
Seems fine to me

#6 ·
But was that 355 on the same dyno just before the current tuner messed with it and then re-dynoed it? I wouldn't read too much into that number unless there was actual cause for concern.

#8 ·
Yea like I said I wouldn't read too much into dyno numbers. My car dyno'd 312whp and I ran 12.8 @ 108

#10 ·
Oh, and dump that HAI for a OTR intake. You're better off with a stock box and a drop in K&N filter than what you have on there now.

#13 ·
Seems about right. Don't look into it too much.

When I was OTR intake and full exhaust, NO TUNE, I went and dynoed 393rwhp and 396wtrq on a cooler day.

I went and got tuned on a different dyno on a hot day. Made 363rwhp and 364rwtrq. I promise you I didn't LOSE 30rwhp/rwtrq from a tune.

#14 ·
ya, you're fine where you are. my car, headers and svede was at 380/380. Throw some FI on there and get some better numbers if you are chasing numbers lol. i put an mp112 on the car and on 8lbs had 520 (guess) at the wheels. My peak is 8lbs but belt slip at 5200 put me at 5lbs and 490, figure 3 lbs is good for 30hp. i was at 4lbs and 480, changed to gates green belt up front and got 490. for your mods, you're right on the munie.

#15 ·
My 2005 M6 all stock except a drop in KN filter and tune from PCMFORLESS made 360/360 on a DynoJet.

I would say your numbers are in-line.

Michael

#17 ·
Dyn's can vary greatly. HP depends on things like how the dyno is calibrated and the temp/DA of the day among other factors.

I dyno'd 365/368 on a dyno jet with a Vararam cia only (stock tune). It was last jan so it was a nice cold night.

But I bet it wouldn't be that high in mid june or if I wasn't at sea level. To that point, I believe your location is about 1,000ft in elevation.

Track times are the only real numbers to worry about. Run it a few times and see what you're putting down.

Also, like Ski said, get rid of that K&N hot air intake. It doesn't do anything but raise your ambient temps, as it's pulling hot air from under the hood. Hence the name "Hot Air Intake" as people refer to it. Get an OTRCIA. Vararam, X-Air, awespeed, duspeed are all good choices. Pick up an IAT breakout harness at the same time. Your motor will get more air and your tuner can run more timing with the cooler temps.

#21 ·
That is roughly the same gains I had going from JBA Shorties with catted mids to Kooks LT's and catless mids

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.