LS1GTO Forums banner

Tulsa's new thread

342K views 8K replies 82 participants last post by  Pulse Red Goat 
#1 ·
Here is the new thread, since everyone is afraid to start one, post in here now.

#4 ·
We put KMG's new lifters in yesterday. That did not fix the problem. Looks like we have to pull the whole motor.

#7 ·
Ordered the goodies.....

I broke down and ordered everything for my car...except the driveline stuff.... I'm gonna wait til I have more $$ for the drive shaft and CV shafts.(I'll have to be easy on it)..I ordered the MS4 PRC spring combo kit, ported LS6 oil pump, DRTC, PS headers, and the Stage 3 Monster Clutch all from TS, then ordered the New Era intake.... Now I just have to wait to have the money for a tune...UGH!! I need to know what other gaskets and hardware I'm gonna need..... I looked at all the belts and hoses and they're good... I'm trying to think of anything else I should change while I've got it torn apart...Oh, and I still need to replace the radius rod bushings and struts... was thinking about going with the offset strut mount from kollar...any input is appreciated....

#8 ·
I broke down and ordered everything for my car...except the driveline stuff.... I'm gonna wait til I have more $$ for the drive shaft and CV shafts.(I'll have to be easy on it)..I ordered the MS4 PRC spring combo kit, ported LS6 oil pump, DRTC, PS headers, and the Stage 3 Monster Clutch all from TS, then ordered the New Era intake.... Now I just have to wait to have the money for a tune...UGH!! I need to know what other gaskets and hardware I'm gonna need..... I looked at all the belts and hoses and they're good... I'm trying to think of anything else I should change while I've got it torn apart...Oh, and I still need to replace the radius rod bushings and struts... was thinking about going with the offset strut mount from kollar...any input is appreciated....
Might as well do the Under Drive pulley while doing the cam. You will need a new belt for that Eddie has the part number. Port and Polish the TB and intake, Check out LS2 port works they are a vendor on the left. That should do it until you do head work. Let us know when you want to start I am sure that some of will help you out.

#10 · (Edited)
not much material to port ls6 intakes. i would send the TB to new era for their P&P. i'm not touching the oil pump, to many issues seem to arise from trying to change it, especially with DRTC. but i'm down for helping on everything else. and i agree with John, might as well do the UDP while your at it.

#11 ·
I will have some slightly used LS2 rods, pistons and bearings cheap if anyone is interested.
Only 7200 easy miles on them. Mostly driveway driving.

#20 ·
John shoot me a pm. Details please :)

Sorry it's been awhile but damn I miss this new thread smell :)

Bout time for a gtg I think now that it's getting warm out

#24 ·
^^^^^^Who is this guy? Do we know him? His avatar looks like a guy we use to know but he painted his car casper grey and married a midget. Thats what Poke said anyway!

Last GTG we had, we froze our O2 sensors off.

#26 ·
What's all this smack about LS1's???? :ftw:I don't know if .3 liters grants dogging rights....geeeez....Maybe I should've waited and done the LS7 in my slow4 goat....:bat:

#34 ·
I just watched it again. Can't stop laughing. Eddie do you drive it in parades? "I have a magnum LS1 the most porwerful engine evermade".

#40 ·
I just checked TRP web site and Test and Tune has been moved to Sunday 1 - 5 pm. Forecast is 61 and sunny. I am thinking about going any takers.

#48 ·
Holy hell, that's funny. We have a clown here with an LS1 that thinks it's fast too...uh-hem(WichitaGTO)uh-hem. :stickpoke

#49 ·
Clown huh, LOL!! I'll be sure to stick a big red nose on it so you can tell it's me (on the back of course cuz that's all you're gonna see).

#50 ·
You didn't see the clown video that was posted?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.