LS1GTO Forums banner

Torque app now has Oil Pressure PID!!!

82K views 119 replies 45 participants last post by  zwhite29 
#1 ·
Updated the app today and in the whats new block said it had GM oil pressure.

Was skeptical, but just tested it and it is there. :turbonaug

#3 ·
You buy the Ebay elm obdII adapters, and the Android app. Then you can monitor and log the engine data.
Costs about $30.

The oil pressure pid was the one setback of the program.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
Can you provide a link to the one you purchased? I know some aren't as good as others

#7 ·
Search for torque written by Ian (Hawkins?) in the Android market or google play, whatever they are calling it this week.

There is a free and a paid version, I have the paid version. Not what's available in the free version. That and the odb Bluetooth adapter is what you need.

If you search the forum there are a few threads in it here too.

#8 ·
I have the app LOL

I was referring to the adapter. My mistake

#11 ·
The adapter I have is from Ebay, the specs for the adapter are in some if the older threads. Try searching Ebay for odbII ELM Bluetooth adapter.

No hardwired option that I have seen.

Not sure about 04's.

#13 ·
If you type in ebay "odbII ELM Bluetooth adapter" it comes up with 2 products both for $22 with free shipping. It also shows the "Torque" app in the description. Those are the ones you want

#14 ·
I bought a $20 ELM 327 off Amazon, downloaded then free torque app but it won't work. I tried plugging it into the GTO obd2 port and my Lincoln OBD2 port and all I get is a redlight. And I obviously can't connect through bluetooth. Do I just need to buy another ELM 327 elsewhere?

#15 ·
Here is the link to the original torque thread:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390910

There are the links to the developers site and discussions on the adapters.

05GOAT, did your phone pair with the adapter using the Bluetooth. When you open up torque there are some icons that will flash or be solid at the top of the screen. When everything is connected up all of the icons will not flash.

#16 ·
No, it won't pair with it. I think it's a faulty adapter :nonono:. When you plug in your adapter does it flash green light/s?

#17 ·
On mine looks like the red light means power to the adapter. Once the adapter is paired you will get flashing green and yellow lights. Like the lights on a network connection.

The only think I can think of is that some of them have a PIN, the default is usually 0000 or 1234.

#18 ·
I got it to pair but it says "paired but not connected" smh...

#20 ·
OK well I finally got it to work. Can't believe how far cell phone tech has come. I want to get a Samsung tablet and mount it in my car with the torque app running. Beats paying big bucks for the aero force gauges.

#28 ·
What are you guys seeing for oil pressure at idle and wot?

#29 ·
I datalogged my car today and oil pressure was not one of the PID's available. I have the latest paid version of Torque. Where are you guys seeing this PID or do you manually have to enter it in somehow?

#30 ·
Ensure you are connected to the vehicle and receiving data from the vehicle.
When you are at the main intro screen, go into the "settings" menu by pressing the menu button on your phone.
Select "Data logging and upload"
Select "Select What to log"
Press menu to add PID's
Press +
scroll down to Oil Pressure (Engine) (should be highlighted in green)
Add anything else you want to log as long as it is highlighted in green that PID is receiving data.

#31 ·
For anyone looking for direct links i would'nt worry about it. The high end bluetooth devices read around 20 times a second which is plenty accurate for any application.

#34 ·
Obd2 is the data layer standard. The physical/transport layer(electrical) can be ISO/CAN, j1850 VPW, J1850, etc.

The ls2 cars use OBD 2 over CAN which faster and an industrial controls standard. When we did DashBoss we concentrated on CAN OBDII because of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.