LS1GTO Forums banner

Now available - Gforce front coilover kits

9K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Nothubertjfarnsworth 
#1 ·
Ok guys, the LONG awaited GTO/VZ holden front coilover kits are now ready to order!
The kit comes with a cnc machined billet strut adapter that allows the use of both narrow and wide strut clevis's. Our kit uses off the shelf 87-93 Mustang struts and coilovers.
We have packaged our kit with Strange Engineering coilovers as we feel they offer the best quality for the price and it is also what we use on our own shop car.
We are a WD dealer for Strange and have a very good working relationship with them.
The billet adapter is needed to swing the shocks in at the bottom to allow the use of regular width tires, without them your limited to skinny race tires and the 1" wide clevis style struts.

This kit does not allow the use of the sway bar so it will need to be removed or disconnected.

Price for the kit is $750. with the single adjustable shocks and $1368 with the bad boy double adjustable shocks.

http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/product.sc?productId=410&categoryId=17

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats on getting this out! Good luck and hope you sell alot!

I was sold until the no sway bar part.

These are perfect for a drag setup. I ran a homemade version of these 5-6 years ago and it was awesome at the track. You CAN drive this on the street. There is no coilover out there for our car that is going to make EVERYONE happy. I don't even run front coilovers anymore when I am not tracking it.

I've had the rear Gforce coilover setup on my car since the day they released it and it has been trouble free and awesome since day 1. I have no doubt that these are the same top notch quality that we have come to expect from Chris and Gforce. :thumbs:

#6 ·
Being spaced off the spindle with the adapter swings the bottom of the strut in to allow the use of wider tires.
The adapter is also machined for the narrow clevis style struts meaning that both narrow and wide design struts will work since the wide design comes with spacers to work with narrow spindles, a bit complicated but trust me it all works LOL

#8 ·
If I have to clean this up again someone is going on vacation.

#16 ·
We were playing around with installing these on Burgers car today and found that we could make a machined strut hat that the strut bearing fits right onto for a nice install.
One of the problems was the strut bearing doesn't fit very well with the angled strut hat.
Might have to make a bunch of these to put in with the kit.

#23 · (Edited)
Here is the exact part Vorshlag sells. Other than me posting a direct link to a place for you to buy either of these (which I can't, and won't), this is as much as I can show to direct you towards what you will need. Contact one of our sponsors directly, and see if one can purchase a set for you.

#24 ·
Awesome! Expect my order within the next few months. I'll also be ordering a set of control arms and a steering hub the same time. Thanks for the continuing support of our forgotten cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#29 ·
So what's the verdict on these? Are you going to offer the strut adapter and sway bar adapter as an option Gforce? Looking to pick up a set from you soon. Just wasn't sure what was going on with these previously discussed items.

Thanks

#32 ·
you can do a single adjustable mustang front coilover, or a 70/30 or 90/10. if you select the correct yer model strut, you will not need the clevis adapter, which is what makes the gforce kit unique.

there are threads on it if you do a search.

Reactions: e2swing
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.