LS1GTO Forums banner

"New" hood, moar pics, COME AT ME BRO

3K views 44 replies 34 participants last post by  BBMonaro 
#1 ·
Finally was able to get my hands on an 05/06 hood. Came off a totaled 05, that was also Torrid red, which was nice. Structurally, the hood was great, however the paint was in pretty bad shape in my eyes. Aside from swirls, it had various large scuffs and abrasions. With the help of a friend, we took a couple hours Saturday to Polish it out. Didn't take any before pics, but it wasn't pretty.

Pics aren't the best, but I tried to get a few to show how nice it turned out from where we started.

:weak:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!

#18 ·
Thank you.

Good stuff Mark, did you polish the rest of the car?
Thanks Jason, no just the hood. Still gotta do the rest.

Looks Great!
Thank you.

That's really nice looking. I'm trying to find the honeycomb material inside the nostrils. Hard to find.
Thank you.

That's glorious. Time for a new sig pic!
Thanks, and yes it is.

Nice! Te roof and wheels look great

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks, the roof has grown on me.

Nice! You were lucky to find a hood without any rock chips- we all have them since the OEM paint on these cars is so soft.
It is still a 9 year old hood, but compared to my 04 hood, much better shape.

Very nice! Is the roof painted or wrapped?
Thanks! It is wrapped.

Very nicely done Mark, It looks 1000 times better with the 05/06 hood ! Your car is quietly becoming one of the cleanest / nicest ones in Norcal !
Appreciate the kind words Jeff!

Very Nice
Thank you.

I approve.
Thanks.

Looks freaking fantastic.
Thank you, it's ok I guess.

I'm glad I could help out and get a little practice in before I do my goat.
Definitely, and thanks again.

looks good!
Thank you.

Great looking car man!
Thanks.

#3 ·
Good stuff Mark, did you polish the rest of the car?

#5 ·
That's really nice looking. I'm trying to find the honeycomb material inside the nostrils. Hard to find.

#7 ·
#10 · (Edited)
Very nicely done Mark, It looks 1000 times better with the 05/06 hood ! Your car is quietly becoming one of the cleanest / nicest ones in Norcal !

#11 ·
Very Nice

#14 ·
With the help of a friend, we took a couple hours Saturday to Polish it out.
I'm glad I could help out and get a little practice in before I do my goat. The Adam's Cyclo Model 5-Pro really produced fantastic results. The pictures don't do the hood any justice, it looked so good in person. Topped with the Brilliant Glaze and Americana Paste Wax, the hood had so much depth and almost looked wet. We'll have to do the rest of the car soon.

Nice! You were lucky to find a hood without any rock chips- we all have them since the OEM paint on these cars is so soft.
Unfortunately, it does have a few rock chips and touch ups, but the shine is so deep and brilliant now, they're just not very noticeable.

Very nice! Is the roof painted or wrapped?
Gloss black wrap.

#17 · (Edited)
Hey, your car is parked in the same place as it was with the monster truck tires... !! Your sigs pics are pretty sick... lol

#25 ·
Thanks!

car looks freakn sic bro ...love it
Thanks Ray!

wow, that looks awsome! what polish products did you use?
Thank you, answered below.

Sharp looking car for sure! I need to get my hands on an 05/06 hood one of these days.
Thank you. Definitely glad I finally got one, I must say the change is awesome.

Looks AWESOME!

How did you like the Cyclo?
Thank you! I was impressed. I enjoyed using it. Quality product in my eyes.

#20 ·
car looks freakn sic bro ...love it

#31 ·
That looks nice with the black roof! I'm normally not a huge fan of them, but yours looks nice with the red and black theme. Have you thought about a black roof spoiler?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.