LS1GTO Forums banner

Unfortunate Texas Speed experience

4K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  Well_tester 
#1 · (Edited)
This kind of stuff always seems to happen to me. I am a patient and reasonable man but really? I ordered a stroker kit for my LS1 two weeks ago. I was told everything but the pistons were in stock but they were moving so it wouldn't go out until the next week. The pistons were to be direct shipped. I received those in 4 days.

After waiting a couple of days past when the balance was going to ship I called. The said the parts were on the truck and hadn't been unpacked but would go out the following Monday or Tuesday (this week). Being now Wednesday I thought I ought to call and check again. I was told Callies no longer made the LSc crank and they didn't have any even though at the time they were in stock. He offered to send me their own TSP brand crank which I'm now at the point of what else can I do?

The part that makes me the most upset is that it's been two weeks and if I hadn't called and inquired again how long would my order have just sat in limbo? They had my $2,100 and I only have 8 shiny pistons.

Maybe I should be a total dick in life because being a nice guy gets your teeth kicked in. Right Spencer?

#3 ·
Welcome to the automotive performance industry....with few exceptions, some of the worst customer service, ever.

#6 ·
It doesn't sound like a out right lie , more like not knowing whats actually in stock. Call around and see how long it will take others to get you what you need and if you cant do better see if Texas can give you a deal since it's their house brand.

#24 ·
That's b.s. if that's how they operate.
If you spend $21, $2100 or $21,000 you should get the same service.
Just look at how Andy (Kollar Racing) operates.
He gets continuous positive feedback posted.
As a past customer of his, I understand why.
And yes, unfortunately, nice guys do finish last.

#9 ·
I, along with another friend here locally, had poor experience with them as well. If an order goes correctly it's all good but when they screw something up it's tough nuts, time and again. I've decided long ago I won't be ordering from them in the future.

#10 ·
unfortunately with customer service, the loudest, biggest pain in the asses get their stuff first.
I'd try to get a refund... it's the principality of it. they're playing with your emotions!

#11 ·
It might be chump change to them but a couple of grand is a lot of money to me. I should have gotten a call from them that they didn't have it not repeated calls from me to see what's going on. If I don't see a tracking number by tomorrow I may take my business elsewhere. I hope their house brand is a quality piece.

#12 ·
I went scat as well, if they have a scat cranks see if they will send ya one of those. I believe they are SLIGHTLY cheaper too so ya should get money back, crappy situation man

#13 ·
They don't offer those. Their prices are good but I guess you get budget service for that. On a happier note I got the tracking number for Ed's FTI Hellraiser cam today. I always know what to expect with Ed and that's all I ask for.

#15 ·
I didn't see those on their web site. You know, JEGS is the Walmart of car parts and I've never had a problem with them and get 2 day service. They at least have their system down.

#16 ·
Sorry to hear you're having problems. You know, the Devil only messes with the good guys.

#18 ·
Don't feel bad, I've been waiting 6+ week for my lunati crank...

#22 · (Edited)
Yes the machine shop is doing it all the way from the harmonic balancer to the clutch.. . whenever all the parts get here :D

#23 ·
Balancing clutches is overrated.

#27 ·
I am sorry to hear about your problem with them I had only one experience, I bought my 408 from them and it went well. Mine was ordered with the Lunati crank. Great build

#28 ·
Saints be praised. I got a tracking number today. I'm not getting too excited though as it could still end up being an empty box. :D

#29 ·
I had a problem with them on my stroker assembly also, ordered flat tops and recieved dished.It took me a month to get it, so I just went with it.I got lucky because I ended up with the compression I wanted due to the block's machine work.

#30 ·
You get an increase in compression just from the increased stroke so it was a good thing. I messed around with a comp calculator . That's why I had to go all the way to -8cc to keep the same compression I had before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.