LS1GTO Forums banner

Key FOB

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  The Silver Goat 
#1 ·
Where would you suggest I take the vehicle to get a couple of new fob's?
What dealer would have them in stock?

#2 ·
Pretty much all would have to order them. I got mine thru a wholesaler that found my car. He got a discount. Took the car by when they came into the dealer and had it programmed.

#9 ·
No they can't be reprogrammed. You need a new fob. Try gm parts house or gm parts direct. As far as I know you can only have a total of 4 keys programed. So if your car came with 2 from the dealership you have 2 more to program.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
How's that done? There's a process through the menu? The laser cut process is housed in the bowels of GM's IT department somewhere between here and down under if understand how this is working after a couple of calls to former Ponotiac dealers. Unless a dealership can mimic the blade using the existing as template? I'm tempted to crack one open and try replacing the battery myself

#10 ·
Sorry, im a bit confused here. Are you looking to replace the BLADE or the plastic FOB housing and battery?

If your simply looking to replace the plastic FOB and battery, you can order OEM FOB's on Ebay for like $50 and just program them yourself using the instructions shown by 04GTOGKH above. Thats what I did.

#21 ·
So I went through the process outlined above, but only to get one beep of the horn on each cycle. The iginition and radio work which is the good news. But, the doors and trunk lock do not function on the new FOB.

At the end of the day, no big deal... I was able to replace the battery in one of the old FOB's and have full functionality. I've not driven the sled given I have a vacuum leak I need solve which I'll work on this weekend. At that point I'll take her out with both FOB's using the new one to see if driving does anything. My vehicle was assembled in Oct of 03, not sure if that has anything to do with it and I've never taken to the dealer for service...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.