LS1GTO Forums banner

Goldilocks vs driveway...discuss...!

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  ts114 
#1 ·
Well the 3" of ground clearance at the front of my car didn't last too long...fak.

The beauty finally gave way yesterday pulling into the driveway. JESUS.

I guess I will attempt to fix it and give it another go around.

It did not tear the fiberglass anywhere...just cracked the resin off.

Discuss.

See less See more
#2 ·
Driveway won, end of discussion. :judge:

#3 ·
moar opticoat

#5 ·

#10 ·

This is what it looks like underneath? Shit I dont know if I like that, I thought it was a solid piece and didnt realize it was fiberglass either...

#12 ·
This is why we can't have nice things.

:wall:

#15 ·
Ouch! As much as I wanted one of those I'd have the same issues with my driveway :eek:

#16 ·
you have 4 more repairs to catch up to me.

#17 ·
Looks like Ill just get a flat splitter. Anyone make those anymore?

#18 ·
#22 ·

Put a layer of glass on the bottom repair area and put resin on the top and the bottom. Doesn't look pretty but it will. I am going to let it harden a few days then start sanding it.

#25 ·
While I was band I decided to work on this a bit...here is what I came up with.

The top surface is near perfect...the paint is shit. Basically I smoothed out the top of it and half ass rattle canned the center of it pbm. This isnt the nice basecoat/ clearcoat / wetsand crap I did before. This was half ass prove that it can last more than 1k miles.

Oh...and I have 2 now.

#28 ·
Slammin if you get tired of it PM and I will take it off your hands!! Mine has one spot that I just can't get perfect anymore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.