LS1GTO Forums banner

Torque app now has Oil Pressure PID!!!

82K views 119 replies 45 participants last post by  zwhite29 
#1 ·
Updated the app today and in the whats new block said it had GM oil pressure.

Was skeptical, but just tested it and it is there. :turbonaug

#93 ·
Be careful what obd device you buy. There are allot of knock offs that have the wrong Chip in them and/or are soldered on wrong. I believe I saw a video on Utube or something showing what the difference is and how to tell them apart. I bought 3 before I found a good one. GTOzilla, your a GOD for figuring this out. I've been playing with that code for months and got no where lol. I think I'm going to start working on a PID for A/F ratio that works now unless someone knows something I don't about getting that to work.

#96 ·
So HPT logs individual misfires, and total misfires.

Looked in torque last night, and there's no total misfires PID available.

I'm just curious how my HPT misfires jive against the misfires on torque. I'd like to get an App radio and do the hack to have torque running on the screen all the time, but before I spend the cash I'd like to verify the accuracy a little more.

Is the total misfires PID on HPT just a calculated value where HPT is adding everything up? Or does the computer actually report total, on top of everything else, and torque just not have it available?

Anyone know what the refresh rate on the misfires is? (IE, even undetermined amount of time, it refreshes the misfire count back to 0)

#97 ·
Sorry for the necro-bump, but I believe I have some insight to your query. In my PID list, there are PIDs for both 'Misfire Cyl.X Current' and 'Misfire Cyl.X History.' From what I can tell, the Misfire History acts as a counter though I do not know whether it is accurate as GTOzilla mentioned

#103 · (Edited)
I always recommend the BAFX Products ELM327 OBD2 BT Adapter on Amazon for Android devices. Supposedly they are the 'original' device. I've talked with their support, and they were responsive and helpful.

It appears the Kiwi PLX adapter (~$80) works well with Dash command. IOS requirements for BT/wifi adapters seems to be more stringent, so you may have to do a bit more searching if you want to go the iOS route

Edit: if you're going to commit to iOS, check out the Dashboss. It looks like it will be a more solid, supported system and is not a whole lot more than a Kiwi PLX type adapter

#108 ·
Bumping this up for a question. I got the OBII bluetooth and it is connected to my phone and vice versa, however the only gauge I can get to work is the edited PID Goatzilla came up with on the third page. No other gauges (aside from RPM and GPS type stuff seems to work). I know I can't get fuel pressure via OBII and I know I can't get boost (already have a boost gauge anyhow) but what else are you guys using other than Oil Pressure?

#110 ·
I watch IAT, coolant temp, and some other misc stuff. If I remember right, you have to add a pretty sorted list of GM pids for them to show up. Also for autos, the trans temp is nice too.
Yeah, try what spooky suggested. I have no problems monitoring just about anything from O2 sensor voltage, evap pressure, the normal GM oil pressure PID, IAT, coolant temp, etc

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#116 ·
Could my modifications/tune be the issue (I am still using most 04 wiring)?
Hmm, do you have an LS1 in your 05/06? I don't think that should be an issue anyways

Wait a tik, don't they have Double Din Android Head Units?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaKX-0J4is

I know what I want for X-mas !

Hehe, Probably kill myself having a cool screen in the dash.
Yerp. They are pretty neat. I snagged a Pioneer AppRadio 2 and can mirror my entire phone on the touchscreen display. All the apps I want on my head unit and the ability to control my phone through the head unit display ;) I have all the components now and am going to be wiring it all up sometime soon. I tested it out by watching Gladiator on Netflix (while parked mind you), playing Angry Birds, and monitoring engine parameters with Torque. Works like a charm! Annnnnnd to the tune of < $300 for everything aside from the phone. I'll get a thread together one of these days

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#118 ·
Shawshank, that's what Im wanting to do. Does it work with any android phone, or only specific ones?

#119 ·
SWEET!! I bet I'm not the only one with spare phones laying around that can be dedicated to the car gage use.

#120 ·
I know this is an old thread. However has anyone been able to get boost/vac to read correct? The vac is accurate but the boost is saying im only hitting 2psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.