LS1GTO Forums banner

NEW EVENT: Pontiac Adventures Sept. 26-28

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  OldskoolGP 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

For those that have been to the annual GONE meets in the Quad Cities, I'm sure you know by now that there isn't going to be one this year and there may never be another one as my friend Joe who organized them has stepped down to start building a family. In lieu of GONE, another friend of mine in Wisconsin has organized a new event called Pontiac Adventures.

The only difference between this meet and GONE is that it is open to all Pontiacs, within reason. Your sister's 96 Grand Am with the cracked bumper need not apply. It will take place September 26-28 in Wisconsin Dells, WI. The venue is Chula Vista Resort. I was just there in June for the Hot Rod Power Tour and it is an awesome venue. There will discounts available to local attractions for all registrants, there will hot laps around Dells Raceway Park, guided driving tours (there are some fantastic driving roads in SW Wisconsin), a burnout contest at Edge of the Dells bar, a judged car show, and an awards ceremony.

More information can be obtained at http://www.pontiacadventures.com/

It's only a $49 registration fee for singles and $75 for couple. If you can only make it Saturday and Sunday there are cheaper registration rates as well. I hope some of you will turn up. I know it's not GONE and there won't be any drag racing, but it's going to be a lot of fun, especially if you like driving roads and scenery. If you have any questions, please PM me or ask in here.

See less See more
#3 ·
I won't be since I live just over an hour away, I'll drive back every night, but I have a spare bedroom!

#6 ·
There isn't one scheduled but I would like to get a group together later this year to do a dyno day. I went to one last year, these guys from Dodgeville have a trailer dyno that does a nice job, we can go to them or have it brought somewhere if enough people want to get in on it.

#8 ·
This sounds pretty cool. May have to check into this as long as people from MN can come! haha
Import taxes may apply. You will only be allowed to leave with two blocks of cheese and six bottles of beer. :)

#9 ·
Dang taxes. Wait that's all? I can't leave with more? Can always stop in Ellsworth on the way home if I want more I guess :)

So I have never been to one of these deals, can someone tell me what its like?

#10 ·
This is the first one in the Dells. It'll be fairly similar to the GONE meets, except no drag racing. Just a great way to hang out with some like minded car guys and have fun with your car. I can't wait for the burnouts at Edge of the Dells bar. I've got a pair of tires I'll be sacrificing. :)

Apart from that there are some excellent cruising roads around the Dells, lots of great sights and attractions in the area, you can come by yourself or bring the whole family and everyone will have something to do.

#12 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to bring this thread back TTT. We're only two weeks out from Pontiac Adventures and I know the weather has suddenly taken a cold turn, but I'm hoping some of you will still plan on making it out for the weekend. I just booked my room and they have beds for three adults in the rooms. I've got two extra beds right now for Friday and one for Saturday night so if you're looking to save a bit of money get in touch.

#13 ·
Well I just returned from Pontiac Adventures and it was an awesome time! The first thing I want to say is with the exception of one guy who lived in Wisconsin Dells and came for the car show, I had the ONLY modern GTO at the event. I was disappointed by this because I know there are a number of GTO owners on this forum who follow this section and have known about this for months. Some live only an hour away in Madison, and a lot more in Milwaukee which is not much farther. But, at the same time, I feel bad for all of you who didn't come out because you missed a great event.

If you have been to any of the past GONE meets in the Quad Cities, you know what a good time these gatherings are. This one was made even better by the fact that we were at a waterpark resort which means you can bring the family along and they can spend the day riding waterslides and swimming while you get to drive your Pontiac with your friends and not feel guilty about it as a couple of our attendees did. Also, unlike GONE, there were multiple driving tours over the three day weekend, not just one big one after the car show. All of them took place on nicer roads and much better scenery than we got in the Quad Cities.

On Friday, we had a 1/3 mile circle track to ourselves where we could do whatever we wanted, and we did. On Saturday, after the car show we had an express tour which wrapped up at a bar in the Dells where we could do all the burnouts we wanted with a crowd outside cheering us on! Every night, we stayed up until the small hours socializing and having a great time. Today, we had a fantastic buffet before our awards ceremony today. The food was better then we ever got in the Quad Cities, and the landscape and amenities were far better as well.

We had about 30 cars in attendance for this first year, mostly G8s from the GONE community including 1 of the 9 Firehawk GXPs in existence, but we also had some classic Pontiacs as well. Every color of G8 GXP was in attendance, and every color of G8 ever made was there as well including the incredibly rare Stealth Blue that we never even had at a GONE meet. Preparations are already being made for next year's event, and we are hoping they include the addition of a private airport runway where we will be able to make 1/4 mile passes with timing and slips.

So I hope my fellow GTO owners in WI, MN, and IL are inspired to come to next year's event. If we can make the drag racing happen, the event will have everything that GONE had and more with cheaper hotel rates and more things to do than GONE ever had. I will post up pics and video as I get through them, and please check out www.pontiacadventures.com for info on next year's event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.