LS1GTO Forums banner

05 GTO stock stereo failure

488 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  notransistors 
#1 ·
I will start by saying I had a brand called "simple" AUX and UUSB unit installed into the radio I have to tune into a set station to use the AUX. But i don't know if that's what caused my promblem I was driving home yesterday and my radio suddenly went off. No sound not even static. From all the AUX the CD player or the radio. Not a sound coming out of the speakers. The head unit works fine. All is still displayed if I search ffor stations it still picks up channels just no sound. When I turn it off and turn it back on I can hear the speakers kick on very briefly every time. Yet not a sound. I brought it to the local stereo shop theyhad time to look aat it but not in depth all the wires were connected and grounded "apparently" and the guy who's been doing it for 15 years said he has no clue what it could be. It's never happened before. And ever since it turned off that one day it hasn't come back. The people who installed the AUX port are looking at it under warranty friday. But it's driving me crazy. Do you think it was caused by the addition to the stereo. There was a lot of wiring that went into attaching the aux port. It worked perfect for 3 weeks. Until now. Anyone expierenced this or know what it could be so I could guide the idiots fixing it on friday?

#2 ·
Make them eat their mistake, and put all the wires back as they were. Good used radios from GTOs are easy enough to get on ebay, supplied with the security code. There are old threads here on installing a reliable aux port, and I believe we have a member who will do it for you properly and affordably.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.